Does anyone know if the Tour will be able to use the same charger as the Storm? I had to buy a new car charger for my Storm, since it was different than my Pearl and Curve chargers, and I was hoping I would be able to use the same on this time so I don't have to buy another new one.

Thanks!
    06-29-09 11:42 AM
    Most new BB models are moving to the MicroUSB from the MiniUSB. Your MicroUSB should work on new ones.
    Last edited by BlackBerryBob; 06-29-09 at 11:57 AM.
    06-29-09 11:46 AM
    Does anyone know if the Tour will be able to use the same charger as the Storm? I had to buy a new car charger for my Storm, since it was different than my Pearl and Curve chargers, and I was hoping I would be able to use the same on this time so I don't have to buy another new one.

Thanks!
    If the Storm uses micro USB (which I'm pretty sure it does), then the Tour also uses Micro USB and should therefore work.
    06-29-09 11:46 AM
    It's supposed to use the same one as the storm did.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-29-09 11:55 AM
    Thank you!!!
    06-29-09 12:04 PM
    The micro USB is as close to a 'universal' charger that the wireless industry has ever had.

Starting with the Storm, BB uses it, LG uses it, Motorola is now using it, and even Nokia...the only manufacturer that I am aware of not utilizing it is Samsung.
    06-29-09 12:35 PM
    I was wondering this as well, but more about the desktop Seidio cradle I have for my Storm... Will the Tour be able to cradle itself in portrait mode for charging? I know rhe clock would not show correctly, since the Tour doesn't have an accelerometer, but it would be nice to not have to buy a second desktop cradle.
    Thanks...
    -Rob

06-29-09 12:37 PM
    And next year apple iphone will b using it also. One charger to rule them all 2010 and beyond.

06-29-09 02:16 PM
    I was wondering this as well, but more about the desktop Seidio cradle I have for my Storm... Will the Tour be able to cradle itself in portrait mode for charging? I know rhe clock would not show correctly, since the Tour doesn't have an accelerometer, but it would be nice to not have to buy a second desktop cradle.
    Thanks...
    -Rob

BB cradles are phone specific, meaning whatever you had with the Storm will not work with a different model. Thats the only thing I don't like since with each new model, you need to buy a new cradle.
    06-29-09 02:25 PM
    I dunno though, the 9630 and the Storm are almost identical in size and shape.

I've never had anything that used microUSB (I have the 8330 which uses miniUSB) but I think it's a welcomed change and needs to become a standard.
    06-29-09 03:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD