The trouble I'm having with my berry is not a new one. I've read various threads on this website about how only "bad monkeys" break their charger ports, blah, blah. I get it.

I've been on tour with a drumcorps for the past three months, and naturally, riding a bus and sleeping on gym floors are not ideal conditions for this modern marvel of technology. Somewhere along the way, my charger was strained against the port in my phone, and now the port is bent.

However, it takes enough charge to light my screen up and tell me I have zero battery, when connected to the usb port in my computer. It will not, however, take a charge enough for me to turn on, even when connected to the power source.

I do not have the money to go out and get another blackberry. I'm not sure if my current one is insured, and even so, I'd like to get all the things saved to my device memory off the device in the event that it is no longer a viable source of communication for me. I have another model of this phone, which is deactivated. I've considered using this as a improvised charging port, what with it's spare battery, and the fact that I no longer use it.

What I'd like to know is, why won't it charge when it can turn the screen on? Is it simply a hardware problem, or is there also a software malfunction? I've done a battery pull several times, but to no avail.

Is it at all possible for me to fix this by myself?

Would using my other phone be useful to me as more than a temporary solution?

Sorry if I seem like a tool bag, but I'm pretty irritated that my phone is taunting me.

Thanks for the help.
    08-09-09 10:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD