Hello everyone,

Now I've got a Storm, I am considering getting an extra charger for my office. Sometimes, I cannot go a whole day with a full charge. If I plug the phone into the computer via USB cable, it also charges the phone, right? Does it charge the same way a wall charger would? Or would wall chargers charge the phone faster than the USB cable?
    02-28-09 03:33 PM
    USB cable charges alot slower than the Wall charger does. I advise you to get an OEM charger though if you choose another wall charger route, as aftermarkets have been known to cause issues with the phone. Not all, but why risk it. You can get cheap OEM's for as little as about $10 online. most retail stores will charge 30ish for OEM.
    02-28-09 03:42 PM
    From what i know, it charges it the exact same way...

Just make sure you get the Blackberry micro USB cable cause i've read that some that are made for other phones don't let you use the cable for data sync etc.
    Last edited by The_New_Dude; 02-28-09 at 03:45 PM.
    02-28-09 03:42 PM
    Hello everyone,

Now I've got a Storm, I am considering getting an extra charger for my office. Sometimes, I cannot go a whole day with a full charge. If I plug the phone into the computer via USB cable, it also charges the phone, right? Does it charge the same way a wall charger would? Or would wall chargers charge the phone faster than the USB cable?
    I have purchased chargers from the following website for my phones including my Storm. Price was right and reliable

Cell Phone Accessories - Discount Blackberry, Motorola, Nokia, Samsung, LG, and other cell phone accessories.
    02-28-09 03:59 PM
    From what i know, it charges it the exact same way...

Just make sure you get the Blackberry micro USB cable cause i've read that some that are made for other phones don't let you use the cable for data sync etc.
    A USB cable will charge slower because it only puts out 500 mA and the wall charger puts out 700 mA.

I got a charger from Verizon that is both a wall charger and a car charger. Works well for me when I go on travel. Oh, and it puts out 800 mA max...although I think the Storm still draws <700 mA.

Here's the thread about the one that I got:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/tra...harger-139028/
    02-28-09 05:03 PM
    Also OEM LG env2 chargers work great. Check on ebay I pick an BB OEM up for like 10 buck with free shipping and I also use my wife env2 car charger all the time.
    02-28-09 05:21 PM
    I have a Motorola made car charger for mine. It works pretty well. Doesn't charge as quick as the wall charger. USB seems to charge slower for me as well.
    02-28-09 06:30 PM
    i will 2nd Discountcell as being a reliable vendor. Almost all my accessories come from them. cheap, and effective, and mostly OEM
    02-28-09 08:42 PM
    I second the choice of the Verizon combo wall/car charger. Great flexibility of use. I keep it in the car but on rare occasion that I need it it is nice to bring into office. Also works well when travelling.
    02-28-09 10:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD