Ok, I double checked this a bunch of times and it really is the cause of my issues..I'm not crazy.
    My phone is all good all day long, running 109 and I dont have any issues with it..but as soon as I plug in the charger, the storm goes nuts, I can't press stuff, i press one icon and it goes to another, or it just freezes. If I do a quickpull or a battery pull its fine unless I leave it plugged,,then it restarts still messed up.
    I traded on craigslist for it and i got 2 chargers with it,,one has a red flashing light and one has a green. I dont know if that has anything to do with it. They both charge it but they both cause the same problem.
    I basically have to have it plugged,,i still get my emails and texts but in the morning I just cant check them until i do a pull.

Any ideas? thanks in advance.
    05-06-09 12:21 AM
    Are either of these chargers the OEM Blackberry charger?
    05-06-09 12:41 AM
    one of them is
    05-06-09 12:56 AM
    I can't imagine how a charger would cause any software issues unless

1) It's not the OEM BlackBerry Charger and it has the wrong level of voltage
    2) There's a software bug that is causing it to freak out when it's plugged in?

I have no idea lol Good Luck though, I wish I could help!
    05-06-09 12:56 AM
    I know, its weird. I wonder if I shoul upload another OS to see if it will change..or go buy another charger?
    05-06-09 12:57 AM
    I've heard of these issues with cheapo car chargers. Take it to a Verizon store and use the charger that's plugged in to the demo storm. Then you'll know if its software or hardware.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-06-09 05:21 AM
    Stay away from "justwireless" it makes the touch screen "screwed"

05-06-09 06:13 AM
    It is your charger cable. Very common with the after market ones. I have had two after market charging cables, one which caused those same problems all the time and another whoch does sometimes. My out of the box charging cable has never caused that problem.

05-06-09 08:57 AM
    I agree it's either the charger or charging cable. I have same issues using after-market charger. When I must, I always beboot after charging, to clear any wierdness. Phone is unusable when connected to that after-market charger.
    05-06-09 11:02 AM
    I thought I was crazy when that issue came up, i guess it does happen to other people. I'm not sure though if either of the chargers is the out of the box one..i bought the storm without the box. Both chargers say "travel charger".
    my car charger does not do the same thing.
    What does the box charger say on it?
    05-06-09 04:16 PM
    I have the same problem. I got my phone off of craigs list and realized my old charger fit the phone. Whenever I use the old charger it freezes the thing like crazy. I only use the old car charger in an emergency. However it usually freezes it so bad that it is unusable. I just did a hard restart and hopefully it'll solve the problem.
    10-30-09 06:46 PM
    Lol can't keep a dead thread down.

10-30-09 09:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD