so like i always do once i got my new storm 2 i went on eBay to purchase a car charger and extra home charger, i have done this with almost every phone i have owned and never had a problem with them working. So i get the chargers and the car charger works perfect, but the home charger does not charge. Strangley though when i put it in the phone the phone acts like everything is working fine, by showing the lightning bolt over the battery life indicator and also shows the big clock screen that comes up when it charges. So i even contacted the company and they sent me a new one but still the same thing happened when i got the new one in. just wondering if there is any one that had this happened and what would cause it not to charge even though the phone looks like the charging is happening with the lightning bolt and stuff?
    02-22-10 01:47 PM
    Is it an OEM charger? I had some aftermarket chargers and they messed with the phone and charged sometimes and sometimes did not. When it would charge, it would make the phone freeze up.

I would just stick with an OEM charger.
    02-22-10 02:01 PM
    Not enough current.
    Even if it has the correct connector the output (current) may not be high enough to charge.
    02-22-10 04:03 PM
    Sounds like it isn't the correct charger. Try plugging it into your PC if you need to charge at home until you get the proper charger.
    02-22-10 07:16 PM
    never, never, never buy cheap knockoff chargers. You might get lucky the first couple times when you buy them but eventually you will run into issues.
    02-22-10 07:20 PM
    Ever since one of those knock off cheap Chinese chargers from eBay (for my laptop in this case) melted and almost caught my truck on fire, I only use OEM!

And yes, it is a well documented fact that the Storm does not react well to non OEM chargers, particularly the cheapo eBay garbage. Chargers from companies like Seidio are fine though, and I've been using a Griffin Power Block (I think?) to charge my Storm at work with no problems.
    02-23-10 12:43 AM
    Having owned cell phone stores in the past I can tell you that cheap chargers are just that, CHEAP. I could buy bulk CLA chargers for .49 each. Spend the money and get OEM. They work and have a good warranty.
    02-23-10 01:26 AM
    I bought the Storm2 bundle from here on Shop Crackberry which included an OEM charger. I use that charger on my charging pod at night with no issues. The OEM which came with the BB is permanently packed in my travelling case!!
    I never by cheap chargers as I have been told that they could damage the battery.
    02-23-10 04:51 AM
    I have an OEM charger and my storm's been dieing on the charger lately...
    02-23-10 04:59 AM
    I've heard of this problem too and it's mainly a power supply issue by inferior chargers. Go get an OEM and never look back. They're cheap and reliable. CB has a good price and they can be had for as cheap as $6 on Amazon. I bought an extra one just to have for travel. Make sure you are getting an OEM and not an imitation.
    02-23-10 11:52 AM
    Since i never bought OEM how do i know it is and not a knock off? Any links to some would be much appreciated.
    02-23-10 01:07 PM
    02-23-10 01:18 PM
    Thanks, great price too!
    02-23-10 02:40 PM
    Does the same hold for car chargers - OEM good, 3rd party bad? I've had the same thing as op but with an iGo car charger.
    02-23-10 03:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD