I lost my OEM wall charger a few weeks ago. I was gonna buy a new one, but the other day, I saw a generic micro usb wall charger so I bought it (everyone said they work fine). It charges my phone fine, but every time I use it my screen freezes (like some other people are experiencing without the charger). It rotates fine, but it won't respond to any touches or clicks until I yank the battery. I have a new Seido case coming in a few days and I'd rather not have to take that on and off constantly. Any ideas?
    06-04-09 01:38 PM
    same thing happened to me when i bought an extra charger on ebay. they even sent me a replacement and it still froze my screen. i just took the hint that the non RIM charger is no good for my storm and threw them out.

i'm sure a real one would cost more, but it's probably worth it to save your device. you can always charge using the USB plug into your PC in the mean time..
    06-04-09 01:42 PM
    same thing happened to me when i bought an extra charger on ebay. they even sent me a replacement and it still froze my screen. i just took the hint that the non RIM charger is no good for my storm and threw them out.

i'm sure a real one would cost more, but it's probably worth it to save your device. you can always charge using the USB plug into your PC in the mean time..
    Ok good to know I'm not the only one in the world with this issue lol. Yeah I've been charging with the pc charger, but I can't really use it as an alarm since my desktop is kind of far from my bed. I'll probably just pick up another one from RIM now that I know it's the charger and not my phone.

Thanks for the quick response. If anyone has any ideas or solutions please lemme know .
    06-04-09 01:49 PM
    Does anyone have any ideas??
    06-05-09 01:14 PM
    I have been having the same issue i have a mybatt house charger and i charge overnight when i wake up froze cant scroll cant touch. So i had a warranty replacement sent to me and the same thing happened it has to be the aftermarket charger
    06-05-09 01:45 PM
    I have been having the same issue i have a mybatt house charger and i charge overnight when i wake up froze cant scroll cant touch. So i had a warranty replacement sent to me and the same thing happened it has to be the aftermarket charger
    Alright. That sucks. I'd like to know why this happens.
    06-05-09 01:50 PM
    This has happened to a lot of people with after market chargers for the Storm, myself included. About all you can do is return it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-05-09 02:33 PM
    Was told by a Verizon Rep (believe or don't believe) the OEMs are the way to go due to some internal working/goings on/thingy that senses the power output.... blah blah blah.... In short: Went back to OEM Chargers and it works fine.
    06-05-09 02:38 PM
    Here are the specifications from the Blackberry charger that came with my pnone::

INPUT: 100-240v ~150mA 50-60 Hz 10-20 VA

OUTPUT: 5V -- 700mA

You can compare this to the generic to see how they may be different.
    06-05-09 03:07 PM
    Get an OEM charger. Thats the fix for this problem.
    06-05-09 03:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD