My charger at the end of the tip that goes into the blackberry fell into a puddle of water and I tried drying it out. My question is, is it safe to charge my phone if I'm not sure if its dry or should I just buy another charger for safety? Thank you everyone in advance

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-28-09 10:55 AM
    If it was me personally I wouldn't try it in lieu of frying my phone. All I can say is at least it was just the charger that went in.
    08-28-09 11:03 AM
    That's exavtly what I was thinking. How much is it for a new charger? Should I get it from crackberry or verizon store? Don't know which one to get

08-28-09 11:16 AM
    Put it in a baggy of dry rice for a couple of days. It is just a usb cable and should be sealed...
    08-28-09 11:18 AM
    Aww a couple of days? My phone has like 50 percent battery life left. Its going to die tonight

08-28-09 11:31 AM
    My BB came with both a wall charger and USB cord if the charger got wet do you have the seperate USB cord to use? If not, You can use the USB cord from pretty much any digital camera or external 2.5" hard drive to charge your BB from a computer's USB port. See if you can find one of those for now.
    08-28-09 12:55 PM
    Yes i have the USB. Will it take the same time to charge? i usually don't leave my computer on overnight because it is loud.
    08-28-09 01:57 PM
    I've never compared the two but theoretically it should be the same.
    08-28-09 02:15 PM
    USB charging isn't as fast as wall charging.

08-28-09 05:25 PM
    I agree with putting the charger in a bag of uncooked rice. It is just the tip of the cord that got wet, not the transformer part. You don't need to buy a new one.

You might want to rinse it in some isopropyl alcohol first to get any dirt or residue out of the plug, plus the alcohol will help remove any water from the plug.

08-28-09 05:44 PM
    Thank you everyone for the reply's. I put it in a bag of rice for 2 days. I'm going to wait one more day. Then i'll charge my phone, in hopes of it not damaging my phone!
    08-29-09 11:41 PM
    If it were my phone, I'd replace the cable rather than take any chances with my BB

08-30-09 01:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD