I was curious if i get a different charger such as this one
    ( Retractable Micro-USB Sync & Charge Cable)

will it make a difference on how fast the phone charges.. because I know the tour takes forever to charge. I have experience buying 3rd party chargers for other phones and having them be faster than the original charger.
    07-23-09 09:16 PM
    Charging through the USB is slower than using a car or travel charger. I don't use non-OEM chargers after a bad experience with a third party charger.
    07-23-09 09:42 PM
    I get all retractable cables too, same with my iPod, I've never had any problems.
    07-23-09 09:48 PM
    I was curious if i get a different charger such as this one
    ( Retractable Micro-USB Sync & Charge Cable)

will it make a difference on how fast the phone charges.. because I know the tour takes forever to charge. I have experience buying 3rd party chargers for other phones and having them be faster than the original charger.
    There are some phones, not sure if the Tour is one of them, like the Palm Treo Pro that need a dedicated charging cable or car charger. A dedicated usb charger will have pins 2&3 shorted and that tells the device that it's a charger and that it can draw max power. I know on the Treo Pro it's a big difference in power. The reg mode will draw just a few hunderd mA's, just a bit above trickle charge really. Where as a charger cable or the proper car adaptor etc can draw upwards of 1.2 amps.
    07-23-09 10:38 PM
    Can't speak for a 12v car charger specifically, but I've had no problems charging my Tour using a micro USB wall charger from my Motorola H710 Bluetooth. I have a small 12V inverter (150watt) I keep in my car which acts as my make-shift "car charger"
    07-23-09 10:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD