The other day, I was using my Bold on a laptop for thethering and got a low battery warning... flash red battery icon and beeping alerts..

Ever since then, evertime I connect/disconnect my charger or Power on/off the phone, it plays a sound. (like when you connect/disconnect a usb device from windows)

I'm using OS 5.0.0.314 and the only app I have installed is BerryBuzz, Docs2Go, MSN, GTalk and GMaps. I'm assuming BerryBuzz has something to do with this... I can't find a way to turn off the sounds and it's getting rather annoying.

Anyone else have a similar experience or know of a solution?

Thanks.
    11-23-09 06:10 AM
    I think it is one of the features of the 5.0.0.314 OS, I also noticed that when your battery is fully charged a sound is played to notify you.
    I haven't found a way to disable the sounds myself yet.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-23-09 07:27 AM
    I think it is one of the features of the 5.0.0.314 OS, I also noticed that when your battery is fully charged a sound is played to notify you.
    I haven't found a way to disable the sounds myself yet.

This new OS 5 feature was also in .238. To disable it just go to Options, Advanced Options, Accessibility and set Event Sounds to Off. There are 6 alerts : Battery Full, Battery Low, Power On, Power Off, USB port Connect and Disconnect.

11-23-09 08:36 AM
    This new OS 5 feature was also in .238. To disable it just go to Options, Advanced Options, Accessibility and set Event Sounds to Off. There are 6 alerts : Battery Full, Battery Low, Power On, Power Off, USB port Connect and Disconnect.

Correct. I keep my event sounds turned on as well. You can even change these sounds to whatever you want. Here's a thread on how to do this:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f95/how...sounds-334477/
    11-23-09 09:16 AM
    Ah thank you.

11-23-09 12:38 PM

Thanks for info... I was looking for this

--
    Prem Soni
    06-18-13 03:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD