Right next problem.
    My Bold 9780 was white when I acquired it. Not a problem I thought, I'll just change the casing to black, which I have done successfully, but the screen still has a white surround to it. Easy fix or is it a screen replacement? Just wondering how easy would it be to just paint the edge of the LCD black, I don't really want to go to the expense/hassel of changing the screen.
    Happy days.
    Malcolm.
    12-21-11 07:46 AM
    Just wondering how easy would it be to just paint the edge of the LCD black, I don't really want to go to the expense/hassel of changing the screen
    You need the screen bezel - if you wish to paint it, u call the shots as you gotta live with it in the end ...

but i can tell ya the paint (if you do) will come off with sweat-n-grease from using the phone during voice calls ...
    malgpz900 likes this.
    12-21-11 08:01 AM
    You need the screen bezel - if you wish to paint it, u call the shots as you gotta live with it in the end ...

but i can tell ya the paint (if you do) will come off with sweat-n-grease from using the phone during voice calls ...
    Cheers for that. I was not sure if the coloured section of the screen was separate. I'll see if I can source one.

Malcolm.
    12-21-11 02:00 PM
    Why not get a new LCD?
    12-21-11 02:32 PM
    Why not get a new LCD?
    Yes that would be last option.
    12-21-11 02:34 PM
    You need the screen bezel
    Done the usual searches - Fleebay and google and cannot find any reference to a screen bezel.

Can anyone point me in the right direction please.

Failing that how do I find out which LCD display I have to get a replacement (do I have to remove the old one to get the code off the back)

Many thanks,

Malcolm.
    12-21-11 02:37 PM
    As far as I remember, disassembling the phone is pretty easy. Search for a guide and you should find what you need.
    Just be careful when getting the screen.
    12-22-11 04:56 AM
    I'll just change the casing to black, which I have done successfully, but the screen still has a white surround to it.
    Hi Malcolm

I sympathize with your problem that you are facing at the moment. It is most unfortunate that the source from where you purchased the OEM 9780 housing kit didn't give you a proper authentic one that actually fits 100% correctly - or else you wouldn't be having the problem that you're facing now.

Unfortunately - these kits are all from China & there're multiple outlets that sell whatever they can (to make a fast buck - w/o much understanding!).

Take a look below at the 2 sources known to be selling proper BlackBerry Housings :

( 1 ) True Supplier - OEM Blackberry Bold 9780 Full Housing Faceplates Covers *::*BlackBerry Bold 9780*::*Blackberry*::*Housing / Faceplates*::*Truesupplier - Blackberry Accessories,iPhone Accessories & HTC Accessories wholesale Co.

( 2 ) Cellular Nationwide Network or CNN - BlackBerry Bold 9780 OEM black housing set - QWERTY - - Cellular Accessories | Mobile Accessories |

If you go to (1) and expand the pictures of the housing they're selling, you'll see there are NO slots for the camera & LED flash in that kit. Whereas in the (2) kit, its just about perfect as the OEM BlackBerry. The sources for both of them are from China but one of them has this "crappy error"

Therefore - one has to be sooo very careful as to what you pickup or else its trouble like what you're facing now.

CNN.CN is very popular here on CrackBerry and many have in the past made purchases to do a changeover of color to their BlackBerry.

I suggest you make a purchase of the Full Kit from CNN.CN for the OEM 9780 Black Full Housing Kit as this would fit your purpose perfectly (instead of doing wrong things like changing the screen etc which otherwise is uncalled for).

Once this reach you, just install the entire kit - removing all the other things from the past purchase you've installed.

And you should then be smiling | soon instead of being now ...

This is my 2 pence advise here to you ... happy holidays pal ...
    malgpz900 likes this.
    12-22-11 08:40 AM
    Hi Malcolm

I sympathize with your problem that you are facing at the moment. It is most unfortunate that the source from where you purchased the OEM 9780 housing kit didn't give you a proper authentic one that actually fits 100% correctly - or else you wouldn't be having the problem that you're facing now.

Unfortunately - these kits are all from China & there're multiple outlets that sell whatever they can (to make a fast buck - w/o much understanding!).

Take a look below at the 2 sources known to be selling proper BlackBerry Housings :

( 1 ) True Supplier - OEM Blackberry Bold 9780 Full Housing Faceplates Covers *::*BlackBerry Bold 9780*::*Blackberry*::*Housing / Faceplates*::*Truesupplier - Blackberry Accessories,iPhone Accessories & HTC Accessories wholesale Co.

( 2 ) Cellular Nationwide Network or CNN - BlackBerry Bold 9780 OEM black housing set - QWERTY - - Cellular Accessories | Mobile Accessories |

If you go to (1) and expand the pictures of the housing they're selling, you'll see there are NO slots for the camera & LED flash in that kit. Whereas in the (2) kit, its just about perfect as the OEM BlackBerry. The sources for both of them are from China but one of them has this "crappy error"

Therefore - one has to be sooo very careful as to what you pickup or else its trouble like what you're facing now.

CNN.CN is very popular here on CrackBerry and many have in the past made purchases to do a changeover of color to their BlackBerry.

I suggest you make a purchase of the Full Kit from CNN.CN for the OEM 9780 Black Full Housing Kit as this would fit your purpose perfectly (instead of doing wrong things like changing the screen etc which otherwise is uncalled for).

Once this reach you, just install the entire kit - removing all the other things from the past purchase you've installed.

And you should then be smiling | soon instead of being now ...

This is my 2 pence advise here to you ... happy holidays pal ...
    Many thanks for coming back to me. I don't think my problem is with the kit I have bought. I am assuming the white one that was on originally was is the original, and the one I have bought and fitted is exactly the same shape. The second one you showed from CNN looks exactly the same shape around the screen so would look exactly. I have resigned myself to live with it for the minute until after Christmas when I will source another screen.
    Many thanks for your help.
    Malcolm.
    12-23-11 02:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD