Hello,

I was wondering, has anyone of you changed the case on their 9700 bold? I was thinking of buying a new chrome case from ebay and changing my Bold's case but I am not sure if that is advisable or not...

Thoughts on that would be apprecaited

Oh and if there are any recommended case-brands that you may know of would be appreciated as well, as I have no idea if there are such makers.

Thank you.
    11-30-10 01:09 PM
    Are you talking about the housing of the Blackberry? If so I don't think there are specific manufacturers making the housing pieces. If you buy the housing make sure its not from truesupplier on their website or on ebay. They have the worst quality housing.
    11-30-10 01:16 PM
    11-30-10 01:21 PM
    I have never purchased from this seller. Looks nice but not sure of the quality of the housing but if its anything like cnn.cn then your propbably getting a higher quality housing
    11-30-10 01:25 PM
    Its nothing to change the housing, if you dont mind watchin some youtube videos on proper procedures, that you have patience and a steady hand.

One thing to make sure of is to not ruin the antenna module while changing the housing.

Good luck and looking forward to pics
    11-30-10 01:29 PM
    Hello,

I was wondering, has anyone of you changed the case on their 9700 bold? I was thinking of buying a new chrome case from ebay and changing my Bold's case but I am not sure if that is advisable or not...

Thoughts on that would be apprecaited

Oh and if there are any recommended case-brands that you may know of would be appreciated as well, as I have no idea if there are such makers.

Thank you.
    Yeah before I answered to this thread I'd wanna know if you were sure you meant "case" (a part that goes over the phone) or "housing" (the plastic that replaces the current black outside of the device.) My experiences w/ cases via ebay have really varied. I have gotten nothing but pure junk, and then others have lasted me a very long time. Best advice for cases, don't spend a too much in case they are crap so you can just throw them away because the postage to return it is usually more than the product itself (not to mention a hassle... Lol). I wldnt change housing unless you are willing to risk voiding your warranty bottomline no matter how good of quality the purchase may be.

Good Luck :-)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-30-10 01:32 PM
    I have never purchased from this seller. Looks nice but not sure of the quality of the housing but if its anything like cnn.cn then your propbably getting a higher quality housing
    Those cases are really expensive compared to the one on ebay. Do you have more info on that website? are they really good?
    11-30-10 01:33 PM
    They are better then most but they take forever to ship. If you can find cheaper recommendation but equivalent quality take it. cnn.cn sometimes take over a month to arrive
    11-30-10 01:35 PM
    I've always gotten my stuff from cnn in about 10-14 days. I've always purchased my parts from them as I know I will get quality parts. I've purchased from others in the past and ended up wasting my money due to poor quality.
    11-30-10 01:53 PM
    I've always gotten my stuff from cnn in about 10-14 days. I've always purchased my parts from them as I know I will get quality parts. I've purchased from others in the past and ended up wasting my money due to poor quality.
    Specifically arriving in Canada sometime take more than a month due to stupid customs as well
    11-30-10 02:06 PM
    better to take oem...
    check everything4blackberry the have OEM white and black full housing
    also check this video how to take it off:
    youtube.com/user/gtcellphone#p/search/3/4i0NNglarXE
    11-30-10 05:54 PM
    Thanks, will do.
    11-30-10 06:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD