Been browsing this site for years but just signed up today because i've ran into a problem.

I ordered some stuff from a oem supplier of blackberry parts, ordered a new trackball and new shell in black. Took my phone apart put it back together.

But now I have no sound and no flash on my camera... Can i get a point in the right direction here? What should I do?
    11-03-09 08:47 AM
    There is a video, the tread is a sticky for the 8900. Do it again slowly with the video.
    11-03-09 08:52 AM
    David,
    Congrats on becoming a master
    11-03-09 08:55 AM
    Just watched the vid, on my new bezel i had to transfer the flash board and the little silver square over to the new case. I'm thinking i messed up something at that point...
    11-03-09 09:00 AM
    Slight warning: the silver square you are talking of is most likely the handset speaker. Scratch/damage this the slightest bit and you have distorted audio. Do everything slowly and carefully. good luck.
    11-03-09 09:47 AM
    Yes it is the speaker and i am a moron and did damage it but still works fine as of now..

The problem was the plastic pins that hold the flash unit and speaker in place were too long. I used a hot allen wrench to melt the plastic down to the board which enabled the contacts to touch each other..

Now the speaker and flash work properly. thanks for the help.
    11-03-09 10:01 AM
    I'll tell you how you know if it really works:

Options -> Status -> Type "T E S T" -> BlackBerry button -> select Handset Audio -> Run -> Do as the application instructs you.

If any of the tones sound distorted, bad luck.
    11-03-09 10:07 AM
    I'll tell you how you know if it really works:

Options -> Status -> Type "T E S T" -> BlackBerry button -> select Handset Audio -> Run -> Do as the application instructs you.

If any of the tones sound distorted, bad luck.
    How do you escape the keyboard test other than holding the BlackBerry button? I wanted to run multiple tests but the keyboard test was first. When I push Escape or End it just registers the key press on the test screen. When I go back into Options and type TEST is takes me back to the keyboard test. It's and endless loop.

Edit: Figured that out quickly. Push the trackball.
    11-03-09 09:28 PM
    David,
    Congrats on becoming a master
    Thanks!
    11-03-09 09:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD