I have the 8330 and I'm using autostandby. However, when I put my BB in my holster, it switches from standby to the default thing (I think sleep). Is there a way I can disable this so it stays in standby mode? Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-20-09 10:03 PM
    I think there is a setting for it but I will have to check on it. The bb goes into stand by mode when in your holster but still receives calls, messages, email etc.. it just saves battery. When you pull the phone out it comes out of stand by mode...
    05-20-09 10:32 PM
    Can't find a disable option sorry
    05-20-09 11:57 PM
    Putting the BB in standby via the mute button and putting the BB in a magnetized OEM holster are the same thing.

You can turn the auto lock when holstered feature on and off by going to Options/Security Options/General Settings.

Last edited by blackngray70; 05-21-09 at 03:00 AM.
    05-21-09 02:55 AM
    Oh ok, I wasn't sure if it was in standby mode or something different when I put it in the holster. That works for me. Thanks!

05-21-09 12:52 PM
    You're welcome

05-21-09 12:54 PM
    Putting the BB in standby via the mute button and putting the BB in a magnetized OEM holster are the same thing.

You can turn the auto lock when holstered feature on and off by going to Options/Security Options/General Settings.

That is for auto lock not stand by mode right??
    05-21-09 12:56 PM
    They are the same thing

Put your BB in standby with the mute key and then put in a OEM holster then pull it out but make sure you have the auto lock when holstered enabled and you'll see what I mean.

Also if you put a BB in a OEM holster then pull it out it will come out of standby for a second and if you don't unlock it, it will go back in standby.

05-21-09 01:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD