I just got a new Cellet case for the 8830 today. I have a BestSkinsEver on it already. The fit seems awfully tight and am hopeful it will loosen up a bit.

I was just wondering if anyone thinks the BSE might be contributing to the tightness? I know the BSE is quite thin, but was curious if anyone else had experience with the Cellet case.
    01-17-08 10:07 PM
    I have never heard of the Cellet case, where did you get it?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-18-08 11:55 AM
    I got it for $17 shipped at wirelessground dot com/bl88sesicawi.html

I can't post a link yet, so you'll have to edit it to make it work. BTW, the case is already loosening up nicely. After a week, it'll be fine. The quality is excellent. This is a great open top slip case. I was looking for a very slim case and this is it. I didn't want any extra flaps, clips or thickness. I wanted as slim a case as I could get to protect my 8830 against damage. This is the one.
    01-18-08 11:12 PM
    I just got a new Cellet case for the 8830 today. I have a BestSkinsEver on it already. The fit seems awfully tight and am hopeful it will loosen up a bit.
    My curve cellet was really tight. The best thing I did was take a small knife and remove the cardboard (> 1/8") from the interior, down the sides.

It now slides in/out easily, but does not shake loose.

P.S. I removed the strap and top magnet completely from mine, as for the magnet, I gently pried the felt off, slid it out, glued the felt back down. I found there was too much risk associated with a strong magnet that close to the screen (if that even matters).
    Last edited by dckiwi; 01-21-08 at 12:57 PM.
    01-21-08 12:48 PM
    Just an update:

The cellet case has marred the surface of my screen. The case has a magnet inside the case (no, not the one that turns off the screen) that works with an optional clasp over the top of the case, that can be used to prevent the BB from falling out. I took off the strap, but the magnet inside the case remains. There is a small lump inside the case where the magnet is, which has rubbed continuously on my screen. The BSE has worn down and the rubbing has transferred to the actual screen.

Exchangecellular refuses to give a refund, since I reported it 9 days after the 15-day return period. They offered an exchange, but I think it is a design flaw. I bought two cases, including one for a friend. My friend's BB has the same issue now.

Just a warning to those considering the Cellet case...

So I took your advice and pried the battery out. I think it'll be fine now...
    02-11-08 03:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD