This has happened to me a few times and I can't quite for the life of me figure out if its the phone, OS, or the case.

I have an ATT Torch with the latest OS .246 and a holster for the 9700 (I know the magnets are not aligned so I have to lock the screen after I put it in the case).

But here is my issue, if I receive a phone call and I take it out of the holster and try to answer the call using the phone button it does nothing and I can't figure out a way to answer the phone without using the hardware button? If I don't answer the call I'll get the missed call notifications and everything but the Hardware Keys Cease to function. The Touchscreen works without a problem. Even sliding the keyboard out does not make a difference. I do a battery pull and its back to normal. Can someone tell me what the problem is?

Its not that I'm too cheap to buy a BB case, which I may end up doing if that would resolve the issue. I only had the phone for 1 week so I can still do an exchange. Appreciate the guidance of the community.
    10-13-10 03:06 PM
    Does the same thing happen if you pick the phone up off your desk/out of your pocket to answer?

If it does it is probably a software issue, if it doesn't it probably an issue with the holster.
    10-13-10 03:09 PM
    If its out of the holster it works fine can answer a call and everything no problem.

I know I can buy the Torch holster from Crackberry but was hoping to pick them up in Brooklyn but I can't find any vendors that sell the OEM case for the 9800. Plus I didn't want to damage my phone just after 1 week.
    10-13-10 03:15 PM
    Best Buy Canada has the oem holster, strange that the US one doesn't.
    The only thing I could find in Brooklyn is BlackBerry Torch 9800 Leather Vertical Pouch Case OEM #HDW-23466-001 (Black) | OrionGadgets.com if you called them they might let you pick it up from the warehouse.
    10-13-10 03:25 PM
    I just bought a Torch 9800 and wanted to use the case I had been using for my Bold. The screen wont hibernate when i put it in the case. is this because the magnets dont align or is there a software input that needs to be activated on the phone that I can't find?
    10-13-10 04:23 PM
    I am using a torch with a 9700 case that came with it. I do not have this issue at all. The reason I never got the torch OEM case is because with the hard shell case thing I have on this it will not fit. I'm thinking it is an overall softwear issue. Mine is fine.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-13-10 06:42 PM
    I just bought a Torch 9800 and wanted to use the case I had been using for my Bold. The screen wont hibernate when i put it in the case. is this because the magnets dont align or is there a software input that needs to be activated on the phone that I can't find?
    I notice when using that case half way down the phone will go to "sleep" and then as I got towards the bottom it would wake up again. I would then just click the Lock button. If I am correct the magnet is towards the bottom of the screen.
    10-13-10 10:06 PM
    No worries. This morning I just ordered the OEM Case for the Torch off Crackberry and we'll see if this solves my issue.
    10-14-10 11:46 AM
    I have the oem torch case and when I pull the torch out it is still asleep and I have to reboot to get lit screen back.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-15-10 08:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD