I'm sure everryone is sick of this question, but I'm having a hard time finding anything good on this subject.
    1. I was looking at the skins. Not really getting what they are accept maybe just a plastic coating? And if that's what it is then is it hard to adhear? and does anyone have this and/or suggest this?
    2. I have the rubber bb backing that VZ offers which I like cuz I don't drop it with this, but I'm not getting any protection on the screen. Do you think I can use the the rubber backing with the skin? So I get a good grip? Or is the skin rubberish so it won't slide around and I can get a good grip?
    3. Does anyone recommend anything else that won't add a lot of bulk that would protect the screen also? thanks
    12-03-07 12:10 PM
    I wont go with Skins, dust tends to stick to the cracks and it`s a pain to apply.
    I have the OEM silicon skin matched with a hacked screen protector from my iPhone days
    12-03-07 12:13 PM
    R U saying you use an Iphone screen protector?
    If so is it because you think it's a better product or just because you had it 4 your Iphone?
    12-03-07 12:37 PM
    Same question I had I think. I was going to order the full body Invisible Shield or the BodyGuardz full body shield. But then I tried a gel skin and got into this have every color except pink fetish for my 8130. The gel skin let me have a better grip on the phone than if I have a full body skin from Invisible Shield or BodyGuardz. What I did was order the screen protector from Invisible Sheild for $12 and now have bought a bunch of gel skins to protect the body and have some grip and an ever changing personality to my phone.

If you want a good deal on gel skins(less that $10, SHIPPED) I've bought 3 from them so far:
    eBay Store - TalkAccessories: Cases and Holsters, Cases Holsters, Holsters Cases

For the Invisible Shield Screen Guard(with lifetime warranty):
    BlackBerry 8130 Pearl Screen Protector | 8130 Pearl Screen Protector | invisibleSHIELD

Hope this helps!
    Last edited by kidqwik; 12-03-07 at 01:06 PM.
    12-03-07 12:46 PM
    That's what I have is a black gel skin and I do like it! I had a blue gel skin for my ipod and it looked nasty after a couple weeks. do you know how to clean them?
    Does the screen protector distort at all?
    12-03-07 12:58 PM
    I keep it in my pocket and have only been using the blue skin since Friday. Only had the phone since the 23rd so... I'd recommend trying to clean the gel by taking it off the phone(or Ipod) and trying dish detergent and warm water on it. Make sure it drys off completely inside and out and then put it back on your phone. Over time I think all skins will get beat up, but remember the purpose of it is so your phone's body doesn't. The skins let me have a better grip of the phone. If I was to Invisble Shield the whole body and just had that, I think the phone would be slippery(especially in the summer) from sweat, etc.
    12-03-07 01:06 PM
    That's what I was thinking and wondering about the skins if they would help with the slippery issue. But I love the gel skin 4 that reason. Do you notice any distortion from the screen protector?
    12-03-07 01:36 PM
    Anyone know the website where I can get the luxury case for the pearl. Its cost around 100 and you can ingrave your intials and comes withs rivet holster. Can remember the site
    12-03-07 02:14 PM
    sure would like a nice pink case for my pearl cant seem to find any yet
    12-03-07 02:18 PM
    did u see the demo on invisableshield? I thought it was really good and u can still use the gel skin!
    12-03-07 02:18 PM
    That's what I was thinking and wondering about the skins if they would help with the slippery issue. But I love the gel skin 4 that reason. Do you notice any distortion from the screen protector?
    Mine is on it's way to me in the mail. I did a temporary thing by cutting out out screen shield for my 8130 with one made for the Voyager. THAT looks like crap, but it's serving it's purpose till the Invisible Shield arrives. I've read all over about the Invis Shield and it's received very good reviews and people seem to love it. The screen shield is made from the same material as the body shield. I'll let you know how it is as soon as I get it and slap it on. I do love the gel skins though for the body. The grip is good and it's like giving it a new pair of clothes every day. By Friday I'll have blue, dark red, olive green, and black. Then I'll probably order the pale gold one. The phone will look festive for Christmas.
    12-03-07 04:14 PM
    I'm going to order the body guardz tonight! And as far as the gel skins I was thinking of red fror xmas too! thanks for the insight today
    12-03-07 07:27 PM
    R U saying you use an Iphone screen protector?
    If so is it because you think it's a better product or just because you had it 4 your Iphone?
    Because it was just lying around
    12-03-07 11:08 PM
    Blemoon42, are you kidding? These are EVERYWHERE.

I can't post the URL because I don't have enough posts yet, but check blackberry's site, under accessories, scroll down until you find the pink one. I think you can buy them here at Crackberry.com, too.

I use it myself and love it. Buy one!
    12-04-07 07:30 AM
    i guess i need to clarify that a fitted pink case for the 8130 pearl i dont think the fitted skins or cases from the 8100 will fit the 8130 isnt the spot for the camera slighty different? im taking peek on this sight right now
    12-04-07 09:08 AM
    Anyone know the website where I can get the luxury case for the pearl. Its cost around 100 and you can ingrave your intials and comes withs rivet holster. Can remember the site
    I had a Vaja case for my Motorola Q. Nice quality leather case, was just under $100. BUT... they put a SD card holder in the case for some reason and it scratched the glass that they put in the case. I wrote them an email about it, and they never responded. They've been very responsive to new product inquiries, but when it comes to warranty support, very poor.

I'm hoping that Piel comes out with a case. I like the idea of being able to put my license and debit card into my case to get rid of my wallet.
    12-04-07 09:15 AM
    Matt thanks , that's the web site I was looking for. I will email them to see if they will support the 8130.
    12-04-07 09:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD