While due to the stupid blasted Passenger Seat of the car I now have to order a new case, which it was about time anyways but still.

I was inside the Grocery store and my wife took our son out to the car well she got in to pull the car around to pick me up, when I went to get in the car the side of the passenger seat just caught the BlackBerry and Rip and Snap. UGH!! There it went the holster snapped in two

So that being said I need a new case for my BlackBerry. Preferrable something I can wear on my belt, and something that isn't $50+.

Any Recommendations?
    06-21-10 06:56 AM
    I find the newer Blackberry case with the full flap top is a good one. The older ones clips snapped for me every two months. The new one seems indestructible. Crackberry doesn't sell it, sadly.

Here is the one with the clip you should look for - the old clip is fragile. This one sure isn't!

BlackBerry OEM Black Leather Swivel Holster for BlackBerry Curve 8900 58196 - Wirefly - Best Prices!
    06-21-10 07:28 AM
    Ah man sorry to hear that. I use the Otter Box commuter which is an awesome case but no clip. One of my boys who doesn't even own a BB randomly gave me a official BB leather case with the flap top and belt clip that looks like it was made specifically for the S2 with Otter Box commuter. I mean it fits perfectly. I couldn't be happier. Plus I got the OB for only $20 (free shipping) off ebay.
    06-21-10 07:31 AM
    I find the newer Blackberry case with the full flap top is a good one. The older ones clips snapped for me every two months. The new one seems indestructible. Crackberry doesn't sell it, sadly.

Here is the one with the clip you should look for - the old clip is fragile. This one sure isn't!

BlackBerry OEM Black Leather Swivel Holster for BlackBerry Curve 8900 58196 - Wirefly - Best Prices!
    Wow Sweet man - That looks Snazzy I found one on CrackBerry's site that has the Flap Top, but it looks the exact same as the Curve Case to me unless there is a little more snug of a fit?

Im also considering a CAR Mount for GPS. Any of you guys use one?

And for those with Verizon - Does it have Traffic updates?
    06-21-10 07:41 AM
    Ah man sorry to hear that. I use the Otter Box commuter which is an awesome case but no clip. One of my boys who doesn't even own a BB randomly gave me a official BB leather case with the flap top and belt clip that looks like it was made specifically for the S2 with Otter Box commuter. I mean it fits perfectly. I couldn't be happier. Plus I got the OB for only $20 (free shipping) off ebay.
    Hey man thanks for the Reply, I've heard good things about the Otterbox, if they weren't so expensive it would definately be on my route but they are indestructable

Im not hard on my phones but I do the occasional wear and tear. Normally the seats dont bother me but when I do ride passenger its something to be cautious of.

Everyone laughs at me because I wear it on my belt, but I can't feel it when its in my pocket, and whats the point of the phone if you can't hear or feel it in your pocket. Just a thought
    06-21-10 07:44 AM
    Yup - this mount is rock solid;

http://shop.crackberry.com/igrip-uni...medium=content

The only problem is if you squeeze it shut too tight it presses the convenience key But it will outlast your car. Well, my car anyway.

Don;'t know what you mean about traffic updates.

Edit - Oh, wait. Traffic updates. Verizon I believe is using Telenav, which does Traffic. I personally would go with Garmin Mobile, since it's cheaper in the long run. If you buy it from this link it's $80. And it has traffic too.

Garmin | Garmin Mobile for BlackBerry - Turn your BlackBerry into a savvy navigator with Garmin Mobile

I do like Telenav, But I like the less expensive option better
    Last edited by MikeLip; 06-21-10 at 07:53 AM.
    06-21-10 07:46 AM
    Yup - this mount is rock solid;

http://shop.crackberry.com/igrip-uni...medium=content

The only problem is if you squeeze it shut too tight it presses the convenience key But it will outlast your car. Well, my car anyway.

Don;'t know what you mean about traffic updates.

Edit - Oh, wait. Traffic updates. Verizon I believe is using Telenav, which does Traffic. I personally would go with Garmin Mobile, since it's cheaper in the long run. If you buy it from this link it's $80. And it has traffic too.

Garmin | Garmin Mobile for BlackBerry - Turn your BlackBerry into a savvy navigator with Garmin Mobile

I do like Telenav, But I like the less expensive option better
    I saw that mount but read somewhere that it doesn't go sideways? Truth? Also - One problem I have found with all Windshield mounts (Except for my Satellite) is they fall - Any problems with these in particular?

Also I agree on being cheaper long term, Im just tired of GPS and updating maps and all that stuff. Plus if I get a windshield mount and I dont know how often this has been tried before now but Speakerphone from the windshield? Good bad for having a conversation?
    06-21-10 08:24 AM
    The Garmin Blackberry app works like Telenav - it gets the maps as needed and they are the latest maps. There is no web integration - I liked being able to plan a trip on the Telenav site and just having it appear on my BB by magic Oh well, I will survive without it.

Garmins $80 one time fee gets you service from Garmin for the life of your BB. No monthly bills like Telenav.

No, the bracket doesn't do horizontal well. I use GPS vertically anyway. I also don't use speakerphone in the car. I use a headset, which works hugely better.

I have used a number of visor mount hands free systems. None are all that good, but they all work better than speakerphone. DON'T buy the Blackberry one. It's a recased Jabra for twice the price. It works OK but the price is a complete ripoff. Blueant seems to work the best so far if you want to go with one.

As for having them fall off - grossout time. I lick the suction cup first. It doesn't ever come off until you release it. of course it leaves nasty rings on the glass
    06-21-10 08:55 AM
    The Garmin Blackberry app works like Telenav - it gets the maps as needed and they are the latest maps. There is no web integration - I liked being able to plan a trip on the Telenav site and just having it appear on my BB by magic Oh well, I will survive without it.

Garmins $80 one time fee gets you service from Garmin for the life of your BB. No monthly bills like Telenav.

No, the bracket doesn't do horizontal well. I use GPS vertically anyway. I also don't use speakerphone in the car. I use a headset, which works hugely better.

I have used a number of visor mount hands free systems. None are all that good, but they all work better than speakerphone. DON'T buy the Blackberry one. It's a recased Jabra for twice the price. It works OK but the price is a complete ripoff. Blueant seems to work the best so far if you want to go with one.

As for having them fall off - grossout time. I lick the suction cup first. It doesn't ever come off until you release it. of course it leaves nasty rings on the glass

Ohhhhh DUH!!! :Facepalm: You mean you use an APP for the BlackBerry - I see now. I thought you meant you paid for a seperate GPS for $80.00 Yeah the app would be nice I agree. And for a one time fee its nto bad to continuously do updates. My biggest thing is I want Traffic updates, now that Im traveling for my job traffic becomes a nightmare especially in the citys. So if the app/GPS can do reroutes thats a HUGE plus.
    06-21-10 09:01 AM
    Yes, the Garmin app can do reroutes and stuff. Think of it as a traffic-enabled Garmin GPS with new maps forever. Forever defined in this case as the life of your Blackberry.

I am not sure how useful traffic is. Here in Cleveland Ohio, it's not all that useful - it usually lies. It says there is traffic that doesn't exist, or it says there is no traffic while you sit parked in it. I have had that with both Garmin and Magellan standalone GPS units, and Telenav and Garmin Blackberry apps.
    it's not the device, it's the service they subscribe to. But there is only one game in town for that.
    06-21-10 09:22 AM
    Yes, the Garmin app can do reroutes and stuff. Think of it as a traffic-enabled Garmin GPS with new maps forever. Forever defined in this case as the life of your Blackberry.

I am not sure how useful traffic is. Here in Cleveland Ohio, it's not all that useful - it usually lies. It says there is traffic that doesn't exist, or it says there is no traffic while you sit parked in it. I have had that with both Garmin and Magellan standalone GPS units, and Telenav and Garmin Blackberry apps.
    it's not the device, it's the service they subscribe to. But there is only one game in town for that.
    Ive never had Traffic Updates on any GPS Unit but hey if it comes with them then more power to it How often does the app update the maps for it? Also does it do App Updates also? I haven't seen it yet but Im curious to see screen shots of it. I also like it that Im able to take calls while its doing its thing thats even better because I think with Verizons Navigator you can't if I remember correctly?
    06-21-10 09:45 AM
    The maps update as often as Garmin updates maps. Yes,m you do get app updates, but they are VERY infrequent. Yes, you can take calls with either Garmin or Telenav.
    06-21-10 12:11 PM
    On a secondary note to cases, for those of you with a "Pouch", how do you feel about your Storm 2 being Nekid when its outside of the patch? Im always affraid Im going to drop it or something. I mean you can see from the exterior of my existing case it hasn't been protected too well but I think a lot of the nicks in the case I have now is from seat belts or door frames etc.. Which would be guarded in the pouch that I get if I do. But what do you guys think?
    06-22-10 07:16 AM
    Garmin's does this also, with Garmin's Mobile Manager. You create an account (free) from your desktop browser, enter your destinations, etc., and it will sync with your BlackBerry. You have to log in from your BB too of course (Where To?, My Locations, Mobile Manager). No need to log in again after the first time, unless you reinstall, reload OS, etc.
    06-24-10 02:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD