Hello all

A few questions regarding cases and screen protectors!

For those of you who have the OtterBox Commuter case, does your phone still fit into the case that is supplied in the box when you purchase the mobile? As this would be a pretty good solution to protecting the phone including the front...

Are there any other cases you would reccomend? I'm looking at leather flip cases too - but I dont see many recommendations or reviews on them, so dont want to spend too much (i.e. about 15gbp or more) online only to discover that its $%$^%! . I really dont want annoying strips which prevent me from using the keypad properly or dont allow me use the phone entirely without removing it from the case or having the slots (i.e. for the charger) in the incorrect place...ive seen this case Navitech Black with White Stitch Genuine Leather Flip: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo anyone have any experiences or see any potential problems with it?

Also Im looking for a good screen protector - as ive only had my bb a few days and the screens already a bit smudged up (from trying to get the battery cover off!) and from when the screen touches my face when talking on it....There are so many to choose from...

Any advice / response truly will be appreciated!

t.
    03-14-10 10:48 AM
    I just got a screen protector from thebestskinsever.com and absolutely love it. Heard about them from this forum too.

Went on easy and cover the whole screen (even the beveled edge)

Does a great job at preventing smudges.
    03-14-10 11:02 AM
    No the otterbox will not fit in the oem holster, or the geniune leather holster either... Its a tough fit already...

If you like the otterbox maybe take a look at a clip in type holster like the Seidio lock holster... That's whay I'm using currently...

If you want a leather holster like the OEM one, maybe take a look at the older style ones for the 88xx and 83xx series with the stretch material on the sides of it... Those stretch better then the all leather cases... So there lol you got some options to look at!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-14-10 11:34 AM
    No the otterbox will not fit in the oem holster, or the geniune leather holster either... Its a tough fit already...

If you like the otterbox maybe take a look at a clip in type holster like the Seidio lock holster... That's whay I'm using currently...

If you want a leather holster like the OEM one, maybe take a look at the older style ones for the 88xx and 83xx series with the stretch material on the sides of it... Those stretch better then the all leather cases... So there lol you got some options to look at!

The Otterbox Commuter will fit in the OEM leather holster but it's a very tight fit and the top doesn't close completely.

The Commuter also comes with a really good (and durable) screen protector though. My only complaint is that you have to clean the case every so often to get rid of dust build-up but other than that it's a great case.
    03-14-10 11:44 AM
    Ohw responses already! Hmm...why didnt I get a new message (s) alert on my phone???...

Okay, I dont have a holster supplied i have the pocket (UK thing?): BlackBerry Accessories UK Store - Product Detail 9700 Series&category=BlackBerry+9700+Series+Cases&pid=F 2222NTSM653SNEVVY6

Would it still fit okay in this?...

Thanks again for all your responses Much appreciated!
    03-14-10 12:09 PM
    Yes I am from the uk with both the commuter case and the BB pouch and they go together like a horse and carriage! :-)

03-14-10 01:31 PM
    Never bought a flip from them but the quality of the cases i have bought are outstanding. Sena Cases - Designer Leather Cases : BlackBerry-Bold 9700-Magnet Flipper
    03-14-10 01:47 PM
    Thanks for all your responses

If the commuter case and the BB pocket go together like a horse and carriage then this may be the best option for me! Thanks Firefighter0793 for this information.

Off to buy one...

t.
    03-14-10 02:58 PM
    I just got the Otterbox Commuter yesterday, and I love it. I thought it was going to be HUGE, but its a nice compact size.

Its a VERY tight fit in the OEM pouch. I had problems taking it out when my phone started ringing.
    03-14-10 03:40 PM
    I just got the Otterbox Commuter yesterday, and I love it. I thought it was going to be HUGE, but its a nice compact size.

Its a VERY tight fit in the OEM pouch. I had problems taking it out when my phone started ringing.
    spend $15 on ebay for an OEM Bold 9000 leather holster. I had one left over from my 9000 and my 9700 with a case on it fits perfectly.
    03-14-10 06:47 PM
    I'm checking right now

03-14-10 06:55 PM
    Its a really tight fit.

03-14-10 06:56 PM
    I just got a screen protector from thebestskinsever.com and absolutely love it. Heard about them from this forum too.

Went on easy and cover the whole screen (even the beveled edge)

Does a great job at preventing smudges.
    I was really happy to come across your post. I ordered 2 pairs of screen protectors from BSE, 1 pair for Tour and one for 9700. Both pairs were identical, and I wasn't sure if if they should be or if they just sent me 2 pairs of Tour covers accidentally. (They don't cover the full screen, so didn't put it on.)

Now that I know it should be a perfect fir, I'm calling them tomorrow!

03-14-10 07:34 PM
    I use the Otterbox commuter and Im very pleased with it. (The rubberized areas are a dust collector though) Surprisingly, the Seido Spring Lock Holster works excellently with the Otterbox. It fits perfectly and has the same look. It will not work with charging pods but you can lower the flap for the USB port.

As for a screen protector, its a good investment. I bought the ones from Crackberry, they worked well and are precut. You can also pick up generic ones at Wal-Mart for $5 but you have to cut them to size.
    03-14-10 09:21 PM
    Hi Guys

Thanks for all your responses!

Got the Otterbox commuter case today through the post - and yeah its not as bulky as i was expecting! - Which is a good thing! Must say, it does suit the phone (I know the phone is better looking without it, but its not looking bad with the case on either!). The screen protector I had to chuck, as it had a bit of fluff on it, and after trying to remove the fluff (BAD move I know - buy hey I was tired and not thinking correctly or wisely!)...well I got even more fluff on it! Just my luck ey!

The bb with the commuter case is a VERY tight fit into the uk blackberry pocket that is supplied when you buy the bb, so i am going to have to buy another case to pop the bb in...and now also need a screen protector! Never ending...
    03-16-10 04:27 PM
    Haven't seen if anyone has mentioned this particular case but I feel that the Epik case is really awesome... you can get it on ebay for right around $5-6 I believe. I bought one for my iPhone and loved it! Dropped my phone a few times on accident and not a single thing wrong with it. I just bought a Bold 9700 and plan on getting one again. My friend had one for his Tour and absolutely loved it as well. Hope this helps.
    03-16-10 07:38 PM
    ^^ I agree, the epik case is good protection for everyday use for the phone and not bulky like the other cases.

03-16-10 08:04 PM
    ^^ I agree, the epik case is good protection for everyday use for the phone and not bulky like the other cases.

^^ What they said. And it fits in the US holster but not sure about UK. I use Clarivue screen protector (Clarivue.com) 2 for $11 free ship. If you get "fluff" on them, you can rinse them off and reapply. They don't use adhesive, more of a static stick.

Good luck!

03-16-10 08:09 PM
    I'm using the commuter case and love it. Tried using the standard case and just as they stated earlier really tight fit.. Good luck.
    03-17-10 12:45 AM
    I always use a Cellet Elite Leather Form-Fit case on my BB's and my husband uses an Innocase II. The Innocase II bottom slips off easily so it's great to use with the charging pod. We use the Ultimate Screen Guards from Seidio.
    03-17-10 03:24 AM
    I'm personally a big fan of the Otterbox defender. I love the numerous layers of the case, and I originally was worried the pohone would be huge with the case, but it isn't!

My only issue with it is the dust collection under the built in screen protector....but I deal with it.....and it's a quick clean.

I love the clip it comes with.

03-17-10 03:40 AM
    Hi, yes I've also got to agree, left my phone in the commuter case overnight and it seemed that it attracted far more dust then when the case is not on - which is hardly anything! Have taken the case off, and the phone really does need a wipe down! The case however does make me feel more comfortable using the phone...just feels a lot better in my hands! So the screen protector gathers dust inbetween or on the top? I could deal with wiping the top, but not removing the protector regularly to clean it...

03-17-10 04:48 AM
    Hi, yes I've also got to agree, left my phone in the commuter case overnight and it seemed that it attracted far more dust then when the case is not on - which is hardly anything! Have taken the case off, and the phone really does need a wipe down! The case however does make me feel more comfortable using the phone...just feels a lot better in my hands! So the screen protector gathers dust inbetween or on the top? I could deal with wiping the top, but not removing the protector regularly to clean it...

Do you guys have buckets of lint in your pants? Lol. My commuter barely requires a wipe down and its in the left front pocket all day long.

03-17-10 06:47 AM
    Do you guys have buckets of lint in your pants? Lol. My commuter barely requires a wipe down and its in the left front pocket all day long.

that made me laugh! It wasn't in my pocket at the time it was gathering lint - we were both asleep in our own beds, woke 2 find that the screen wasn't as clean as it usually is ! Only diff between last night and the others, was yest it was in the commuter case!

03-17-10 12:32 PM
    order my otterbox commuter . Saw it on a friends bold and loved it. Hope itll treat me well!
    03-17-10 03:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD