Whats the difference between the case that come with the BOLD and the one on the Blackberry shop site which mentions premium?
    Has anyone got one if so how is it?
    01-23-09 05:47 AM
    the one that came with the BOLD, which was in the box was the holster and that was it. Cases at the Blackberry shop, or Crackberry store after different manufacturers that produce different styles of cases for the consumer
    01-23-09 07:07 AM
    Whats the difference between the case that come with the BOLD and the one on the Blackberry shop site which mentions premium?
    Has anyone got one if so how is it?
    I believe he is talking about the fact that on Blackberry.com there are "premium" versions of the vertical and horizontal holster cases which sell for $99 in addition to the regular versions of those two cases. Having used both the horizontal and the vertical (which came in the box) I would hope the quality of the leather is better in the premium versions as it's not great on the standard ones.
    01-23-09 07:12 AM
    im content wit the holster it came wit
    01-23-09 12:12 PM
    As am I. It's not that bad, especially for coming with the phone.
    now I need a case that can easily slip into my pocket.
    01-23-09 03:47 PM
    Made with real leather, the stuff the BB comes with is a synthetic (it's not pleather, but a different type of artificial leather called Koskin) Oh, also the premium has a little spot in the holster that covers the trackball so junk doesn't fall in (but I feel this feature is probably useless).
    Last edited by drakain; 01-23-09 at 03:59 PM.
    01-23-09 03:57 PM
    Are all bolds supposed to come with a case?
    01-23-09 04:02 PM
    Are all bolds supposed to come with a case?
    no as Jreel pointed out they come with the leather holster. if you want a case i would suggest checking out the selection at the crackberry store
    01-23-09 04:05 PM
    Interesting.. I didn't get a leather holster when I got my phone from the Att&t store. At least it wasn't in the box. That's why I was asking
    01-23-09 04:28 PM
    yea, i would get in touch with att about that
    01-23-09 04:34 PM
    I bought an OEM horizontal case with proximity sensor for $14.59 + 2.99 shipping. Showed up in 5 days, looks just like the one that cam with the phone except it's horizontal.
    01-23-09 06:45 PM
    Interesting.. I didn't get a leather holster when I got my phone from the Att&t store. At least it wasn't in the box. That's why I was asking
    You may have been sold a demo/refund. Most providers (in my country anyway [canada]) will allow for refunds within 30 minutes of use.

Always check to see that the box is sealed before you accept the phone.
    01-23-09 06:57 PM
    Some of the premium models also come with contrast (white) stitching if I'm not mistaken.
    01-23-09 07:16 PM
    If I was investing in a premium case, I would hope to find a video reveiw on it. I'm really impressed with the holster that came in the box! I'm also wondering why the 8900 doesn't come with one. That sleeve that comes with Curves is just worthless.
    01-23-09 07:45 PM
    the one that came with the BOLD, which was in the box was the holster and that was it. Cases at the Blackberry shop, or Crackberry store after different manufacturers that produce different styles of cases for the consumer
    It's different in Canada.

The koskin case is standard issue (black material with black stitching). Many of the Rogers Plus and Wireless Waves and TBooth stores are now carrying the leather BlackBerry Accessories case (same design as the koskin case, but it's black leather and has white stitching). There is apparently a more premium case (on shopblackberry.com, but I have yet to see that in a store.

There is the horizontal BlackBerry Accessories case, but I wasn't fond of it. The clip cannot rotate, unlike the koskin case. Maybe it was because of the leather, but it felt REALLY tight -- so it would need a while to stretch out.
    01-23-09 08:00 PM
    Yea, i know that the AT&T Bold's come with a holster for sure, in other areas like in Canada or Europe it can be different for there packaging.
    01-23-09 08:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD