so i just got my curve, and love it. but im a clusterf&^k when it comes to not dropping my phones. what i wanted to know is what people have experienced with cases for these. i was looking at the otterbox defender, but i'd prefer to not have a screen across the trackball. also any screen protectors that have shown to last for people would be helpful as well. thx a bunch

...skeeter...
    03-27-09 01:56 PM
    The bodyglove case looks pretty nice, comes with a screen protector but I am not sure if that inhibits the tb at all.. Its not as durable as the otterbox but what is? The one I am referring too looks and feels like a football. Seidio cases are quite popular, take a look at them in the CB store.
    03-27-09 01:58 PM
    No the body glove case dose not btock the trackball. There are best skins ever(BSE), the siedio "rubberized feel" case which is nice but sode not offer screen protection or keypad protection. But the best case I have seen is avaliable is from casemate and it offers total body protection, including the keyboard. And the screen protector can be put on if you choose. The keypad cover part of the case is laser vut and fits like a glove (lol) I have not had experience with this one, but from researching online, this seems to be the best case arround. It also comes in four colors. Go check it out in the accesories section!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-27-09 02:08 PM
    Enter your location
    Slim Soft Touch Hard Case - Black, at verizon wireless . com
    Similar to the body glove, it is just not texturized.

This is my favourite case. I have it in several colours. Even have a Red Sox one.
    I like it because when I drop it (which I frequently do, clutzy me), especially face down it gives a little buffer between the ground and the face of my phone. I have a screen protector on but this gives it a little more room so I don't get gouged.
    Last edited by sreneel77; 03-27-09 at 03:41 PM.
    03-27-09 03:38 PM
    Honestly, my hubby tends to be pretty rough on phones and needs a solid case and holster. He loves his otterbox as do most people who stop him to ask about it. Nice case and layers, solid clip.
    03-27-09 05:36 PM
    I love my casemate leather case and holster. I dont drop very much though so not sure how well it holds up to that.
    03-27-09 06:03 PM
    I have been trying to decide which case to get for a few months now, and finally just bought both the body glove as well as the seido rubberized case. So far, the body glove is the winner as far as protection goes. The built in screen protector is nice, but I am wondering if dust will collect under the screen protector. the case does add some bulk, about the same as having the BB in the pouch. I need something that will withstand some abuse so I think this one is better.

The seido case is also very nice. It is a very tight fit and adds almost no bulk to the BB. But there is no cusion to it at all. Seems like if it was dropped it might still do some damage. The body glove soft outer shell seems like it will absorb shock pretty well.

03-27-09 08:52 PM
    Otterbox as well as Body Glove has nice cases for the 83XX series...
    03-27-09 08:53 PM
    Having a built in screen protector is nice but I will never use that alone again.
    I had that kind of case on my video 80gb ipod, stupidly assumed it was
    protected and something got inbetween (I never saw anything but...) and scratched up my screen bad.
    Now I have screen protectors I change every few weeks.
    So even if I had a case with a built in screen protector, I'd still aplly
    something underneath of it.
    03-27-09 09:33 PM
    TIP:

I have read complaints that the screen protector on the body glove case gets scratched easily..... though this might sound completely stupid, put a screen protector ON the screen protector (cheap clear film cover from staples).... stops scratches and easily replaceable.
    03-28-09 11:01 AM
    I bought a screen protector from BSE and then a SEIDIO hard rubberized case off ebay for 10.97 shipped and love it.
    03-28-09 12:11 PM
    case mate is by far and away the best on the market. all my friends and family swear by them.
    03-28-09 01:55 PM
    I just purchased the body glove, and so far I love it. It seems nice ana sturdy, and should protect it from my clumsy hands.

03-29-09 12:49 PM
    No the body glove case dose not btock the trackball. There are best skins ever(BSE), the siedio "rubberized feel" case which is nice but sode not offer screen protection or keypad protection. But the best case I have seen is avaliable is from casemate and it offers total body protection, including the keyboard. And the screen protector can be put on if you choose. The keypad cover part of the case is laser vut and fits like a glove (lol) I have not had experience with this one, but from researching online, this seems to be the best case arround. It also comes in four colors. Go check it out in the accesories section!

agreed. i love this case.
    03-29-09 01:21 PM
    I have the Otterbox for my 8330 curve, I love this case. Otterbox has a hole for the trackball, it doesnt cover it up. I love the cover on the keys and screen. The cover is molded for the keys so there is no problem typing. If you really want good protection the Otterbox is the best one for it.
    03-29-09 03:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD