Are the official blackberry cases worth buying, I have always been a side case person but those cases are like 40 bucks....is it worth it or should I buy an aftermarket...
    06-11-09 03:34 AM
    Are the official blackberry cases worth buying, I have always been a side case person but those cases are like 40 bucks....is it worth it or should I buy an aftermarket...

if you want my opinion for 40 bucks you can get one heck of a case..

I usually don't buy cases from the manufacturer as I feel company's who specialize in only making cases come up with some very solid designs..

for something like a side holster its a possibility that I would consider right from RIM but any type of skin case or form fit case I would go with the known case makers
    06-11-09 03:40 AM
    In my opinion, I wouldn't but any other type of side holster than the ones provided by RIM. They are sleek profile and I love how the magnet puts the phone into standby.
    (....though I'm not claiming that third-party manufacturers aren't the same -- just my preference).
    06-11-09 10:49 AM
    I have an Otterbox Defender case for my Curve and for my 8830 WE. These imo are the best hands down cases out there.
    To add to this litte plug for Otterbox I had a problem with the 8830 shell popping open which really was not a big deal but I thought I would mention it to them anyway. Without even questioning me the asked for my address and the colour of the case and bam it was in the mail. They remind me of Moen, if you need or break a part with there faucets they will without asking why send you a new part ................ FREE
    I feel these cases are durable and do what they say they will and now knowing how the company stands by there product has left me a customer for life.

Good job Otterbox !!!

Last edited by Netman2008; 06-11-09 at 01:40 PM.
    06-11-09 01:27 PM
    arent those things huge?
    06-12-09 12:03 AM
    One word...

Incipio

Once they make a case, they normal have multiple versions from super thin to super durable, it's all you'll really need. VERY stylish and VERY protective cases. Plus, their customer service is second to none.
    06-12-09 12:28 AM
    arent those things huge?
    They definetly make it fatter but then what exactly would you like a case to do for you ? If you want it just to have someplace to hold it then by all means just use a basic pouch but if you want to be able to talk while standing outside while it's raining or God forbid drop in onto the ground then Otterbox is the one that will survive. Not saying others wont but in my opinion these cases are well thought out and durable.

To get back to your ? yes they are so if being as thin as can be is what you want then this probably is not the one for you. If protection is what you are looking for then I can say nothing but good stuff about this company
    06-12-09 02:28 AM
    Thx for ur input...I have to figure out which one that I want when I grab my TOUR

I thought that RIM was a little overpriced with their cases but I know that you can get some of the same features for cheaper. I just wanted to know what some of the "experienced" Crackberry users used.
    06-13-09 12:32 AM
    I am biased, since I've never used another case other than those from the manufacurer for my phones. But I love them, I had a silicone skin for my pearl, and now both a silicone case and side holster for my 8330. My girlfriend has a silicone case for her pearl, her sister the same, her dad has a side holster for his 8830 and 8330, and her mom has a silicone case for her storm. Also, everyone I work with has genuine cases for there berries.

Never a problem, awesome quality, and my telus rep usually throws in a case or two when we get new phones so little to no cost.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-13-09 02:02 AM
    I am biased, since I've never used another case other than those from the manufacurer for my phones. But I love them, I had a silicone skin for my pearl, and now both a silicone case and side holster for my 8330. My girlfriend has a silicone case for her pearl, her sister the same, her dad has a side holster for his 8830 and 8330, and her mom has a silicone case for her storm. Also, everyone I work with has genuine cases for there berries.

Never a problem, awesome quality, and my telus rep usually throws in a case or two when we get new phones so little to no cost.

U got more silicone in ur family than Dolly Parton.....

.....sorry, I know, very dry and dumb humor....
    06-13-09 04:39 PM
    I want a nice leather one with a belt clip and a strong magnet that is not like huge and like 50 bucks....could be pleather for all I care
    06-13-09 04:40 PM
    Seidio or nothing for me. Best cases ever!

06-13-09 05:41 PM
    Seidio or nothing for me. Best cases ever!

The innocase? Have u tried the side holster case?
    06-14-09 07:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD