12-25-08 02:12 AM
27 12
tools
    My Mom needs a few last minute Christmas ideas. What kind of cases are all of you Storm users using? I do not want a skin, because that just collects dust in my pocket. I would really like something like the Seidio hard cases, the clear ones for the older BB models. It doesnt have to be clear, but something of that nature. Thank you for your input. Oh, does anyone have the leather OEM pouch? How do you like that?

Tyler
    12-21-08 04:35 PM
    I have the leather sleeve. I have put my BB in the sleeve and keep the sleep in my coat pocket or pants pocket. No problems so far. No dust under the screen either.

I am however ordering the real leather sleeve from CB because the leather will mold better to the phone over time.
    12-21-08 04:38 PM
    Ok. I will take a better look at this one. I would really like a hard case though, that I don't have to take off the phone to use. iPhone has some neat ones. It will probably just take time for the manufacturers to get their products on the market.
    12-21-08 04:43 PM
    Does anyone have the Seidio Flex Armor?

http://shop.crackberry.com/seidio-fl...medium=content
    12-21-08 04:45 PM
    i have a clear hard case that I bought from Verizon, screen protectore which I bought from verizon and that it what it wears and I have a leather sleeve for when I put it in my pocket and so far no dust or anything
    12-21-08 04:51 PM
    How much bulk does that case add on to the phone? Is it clear, or is it more of a smoky color?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-21-08 04:56 PM
    it is all clear and it doesnt add much bulk at all but the only other alternative is something like a zagg invisible shield and i hate those.

do u know where i can find my pin for blackberry messenger?
    12-21-08 04:58 PM
    Ya, go to the options menu, and hit the status option. It says pin.

12-21-08 05:02 PM
    Your PIN is located in Options > Status
    12-21-08 05:06 PM
    I have been using either the OEM leather sleeve for carrying in my pocket, or the OEM leather holster. I'm not crazy about either of these 2 options.

I'm waiting for Seidio to release their 1mm thick case & clip holster. It's $50 for both & from what everyone tells me, it's worth it.

The Storm is just a little too bulky to carry in my pocket, IMHO.
    12-21-08 05:12 PM
    That's exactly what I want.

12-21-08 05:13 PM
    With the Storm, be careful of the cases that ship with them: I was talking to the guy at the Vodafone shop, and was told that a lot of people had come in with the buttons broken off of their Storm. Apparently the cases that they come with are very tight, and the buttons were catching and breaking off.
    12-21-08 05:19 PM
    I personally use the clear hard plastic protector. It doesn't add much weight to it but it definitely protects it from hard impact.

I use this over the silicon protector or cosmetic protectors due to the fact that those products cheapen the look of the storm. They also don't protect your phone from hard impacts.

I'm looking to buy a darker hard plastic protector just because the clear one makes it look like a portable video game player.
    12-21-08 05:22 PM
    I'm curious if the Seidio Innocase will need to be removed every time the Storm is put into the cradle for charging. I bought the cradle when I first purchased the phone, and I use it for charging and as my alarm clock every night.

It might not be my best option if it needs to be removed for placement into the cradle.
    12-21-08 05:35 PM
    I have a solution that I am very, very happy with as it works great for my pocketbook, briefcase and also as a clip to my jean's belt-loop. I was waiting for Vaja leathers Storm case that will be coming out. So I thought I would find something to make do...but now I really like my case as I modified it. First, I happen on a black Vera Bradley (VB) "tech case" that fit's perfectly my Storm with it's black silcone cover. Then I took a flat magnet from an old ugly case I found a best buy and with a soft eyeglass cleaning material, I created a pocket for the magnet and then sewed it inside the VB case. The magnet is for an effective "sleep mode" function and the magnet works great. So I quickly hand-sewn it to the outside of the VB's interior pocket in order that the pocket itself still function for my credit cards and $ when I don't need anything else with me...it's very handy. Also, I found this tiny black spring clip (mini-carabiner clip) that I snap it to VB clip and then on to my jean's belt-loop.

Here is a link so you can see the correct VB "tech case" I used...good luck. Hope you make or find your perfect case. ;o)
    Vera Bradley Tech Case > Travel Accessories > Travel Accessories - eBags
    12-21-08 06:26 PM
    The leather BlackBerry case with the magnet in it for the Curve fits the Storm perfect.
    12-21-08 06:27 PM
    Does anyone have the Seidio Flex Armor?

http://shop.crackberry.com/seidio-fl...medium=content
    Yes, I have the seidio-flex-armor and it is more sturdy than a regular silicone skin case. The flex-armor seems to be thicker and does not seem likely to lose it's shape. I plan to use it till the more sturdy Innocase II comes out!
    12-21-08 07:47 PM
    Yes, I have the seidio-flex-armor and it is more sturdy than a regular silicone skin case. The flex-armor seems to be thicker and does not seem likely to lose it's shape. I plan to use it till the more sturdy Innocase II comes out!
    the pictures of it show the external speaker being covered...is that the case?
    12-21-08 08:00 PM
    Yes. I can't tell that the sound is diminished significantly.
    12-21-08 09:26 PM
    Just bought a new holster today at Best Buy thats working pretty well. Made by Xentris. They advertise that they're authentic BB gear. Thoughts so far:

-cuts down bulk of the leather holster by about half
    -has built in sleeper magnet
    -keeps a pretty tight grip on the storm
    -doesn't hide the phone like other holsters/pouches (which may be good or bad depending on your point of view)
    -doesn't muffle ring/alert tones - speaker points out

Here's a pic:

12-25-08 01:35 AM
    I just bought the official Blackberry black silicone case. Simple, but really looks good without adding bulk but is a little thin. DEFINITELY going to order that black Flex Armor though. Looks great.
    Last edited by Jaysus Cutler6; 12-25-08 at 01:43 AM.
    12-25-08 01:41 AM
    Seidio Seidio Seidio. Just do it.
    12-25-08 01:45 AM
    Cutler can you post a link to what that black flex armor looks like? and that blackberry silicone case?
    12-25-08 01:48 AM
    The Seidio case is here http://shop.crackberry.com/seidio-fl...medium=content and the BB silicone case I got was on Cell Phone Accessories - DayDeal.com . My case was $12, and the Seidio cases are $20 but I can't find anyone that has the black one in stock. Verizon sells a pretty thick silicone case for the Storm that runs about $13.
    12-25-08 01:54 AM
    Innocase innocase, innocase

Seidioonline - Your Leading Manufacturer of Smartphone Accessories

to quote the governator, "DO EET NOW!!"
    12-25-08 01:58 AM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD