Hello all. I am new to the world of huckleberry's, recently purchasing my first 8130. I hope to pick your brains on the best means of conveyance for my brand new toy. Looking around I was hoping to get some kind of skin or hard case to protect it while it is out of the holster and than hopefully a leather holster that works in tandem with the skin/hard case. So basically I would have two levels of protection for my expensive investment. I'm not really sure if something of that nature exists, but I figure if it does someone around here would have heard of it.

I am open to all options. Thank you in advance.
    12-07-07 06:03 PM
    1. for beauty and class look at Sena cases
    2. for brutish appeal look at Otter Box.
    12-07-07 06:09 PM
    1. for beauty and class look at Sena cases
    2. for brutish appeal look at Otter Box.
    Thanks for the tip.

Do they make cases where you can use some kind of skin and it will still fit in their leather cases?
    12-07-07 06:10 PM
    skins i have seen are just thick enough to negate the factory made specs. get a skin and have a local leather craft person make a custom unit. i am a contractor and the sena flip case gives me great protection with the addition of a 99 cent screen cover.
    12-07-07 06:20 PM
    skins i have seen are just thick enough to negate the factory made specs. get a skin and have a local leather craft person make a custom unit. i am a contractor and the sena flip case gives me great protection with the addition of a 99 cent screen cover.
    So than I take it "Sena" is the way to go for leather cases?
    12-07-07 06:48 PM
    yes, see their site "sena cases " go to their site first to see design issues. nice little pockets for sd, credit card, biz cards.. the flip cover has the magnet which closes your screen when it is shut. belt clip is also part of the package.
    12-07-07 06:52 PM
    I highly recommend looking at the clear protector from this Ebay seller:

http://search.stores.ebay.com/Clear-Armor-For-Your-Device_8130_W0QQfciZQ2d1QQfclZ4QQfsnZClearQ20Armor Q20ForQ20YourQ20DeviceQQfsooZ1QQfsopZ1QQsaselZ1655 17415QQsofpZ0

It does take some patience and a steady hand to install, but is the best, most durable protector I have ever seen. It is made out of the material they wrap helicopter blades with to protect them from debris.
    12-07-07 06:56 PM
    Everyone thank you for the replies.

Keep the idea's rolling, though. I'm going to look around, and won't come to a decision until after the weekend. So don't stop now.

Thanks again!
    12-07-07 07:03 PM
    I found a nice black nylon with velcro flap. It has the sleeper function, rotating belt clip and a spot for sd card adapter. It cost 9.99 at walmart and made for the blackberry. Good enough until a metal one comes out.
    12-07-07 08:11 PM
    So than I take it "Sena" is the way to go for leather cases?
    Sena is GREAT...I have one myself, but look at Vaja also...they make the best smelling leather cases around. Wonderful craftsmanship (I had one for my Dell Axim many moons ago) and the Pearl cases are beautiful...HOWEVER, when I looked the other day the 8130 was still not available...but it could be worth the wait.
    12-07-07 08:55 PM
    Sena doesn't have cases for the Verizon 8130 Pearl. Their cases are for Pearls for different carriers.
    12-07-07 09:19 PM
    I'm looking for another case, too! This is good information.
    12-07-07 09:25 PM
    I have the OEM leather pouch for home and the new otterbox for work. If you need a durable case its Otterbox and then everyone else.
    12-08-07 04:57 AM
    Sena doesn't have cases for the Verizon 8130 Pearl. Their cases are for Pearls for different carriers.
    Maybe not the flip case...yet; but they do have the pouch models (which is what I purchased) shown here:

SENA CASES :: BLACKBERRY PEARL 8100 CASES

I bought mine right here at Crackberry...it was actually cheaper.
    12-08-07 07:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD