I'm on the fence between the CaseMate Smart Skin vs. the Seidio rubberized hard cast for both me and my gf. Can I get opinions on how they compare?
    03-30-09 07:59 PM
    I have the case mate smart skin for both my berrys. They are amazing with two faults. Horrible feedback if you use the speakerphone. Also if you use a pod for charging you have to remove the case. This has caused extra wear from daily removal.
    03-30-09 08:21 PM
    I love my Seidio case, one of the best I've used. No need to remove it if you use a charging pod. Easy to remove and put back on. I've had mine for a year now and it still looks brand new, even after a few accidental drops.
    03-30-09 10:30 PM
    I have a Seidio 2 piece case that snaps over the phone and I have the sleep mode holster that works with the case.... Guess its a good $25 spent... Kinda wish I didn't have to spend any money though lol....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-30-09 10:56 PM
    I have the Seidio rubberized hard case and matching clip in holster. I bought both at my local Verizon store and after my rewards discount I saved a bunch. Even before the discount they were alot less than you see online. These are sold as Verizon accessories but they say Seidio on them.

Forgot to mention that I love them both!!
    03-30-09 11:08 PM
    I'm usually just a "clip" person but this Seidio partnership was good I had to get it lol

03-30-09 11:17 PM
    I have the Seidio case, but I just recently took it off. If I drop my phone the case usually snaps off as well. I figure why bother if it isn't going to stay on and protect against falls.

03-31-09 08:07 AM
    Cop,
    Double check the back of your case to see if the model is BB8330 and not BB8300. When I first got by 8330 I bought the case from Verizon and the fit was not right. Apparently enough customers complained and Verizon realized that there was now a case specifically for the 8330. Mine now fits perfect...no gaps...actually a bit difficult to take off. That's why I installed QuickPull.
    03-31-09 11:29 AM
    I have no exp with the CaseMate but have the Seido 2 piece from Verizon and the BB leather holster with sleeper. I cut the top flap off the holster and the Seido is snug enough in there that it will not fall out. I like it because I'm not messing with clips or tabs to try and get at the phone. Pull it up and it's out
    03-31-09 12:27 PM
    I have the Seido rubberized case. The rubberized material makes for the nicest case I've seen (on any device). You won't notice smudges or scratches with it. It also adds very little bulk to the device, which is rare for a hard case.

Unfortunately, the clips that hold it together seems to be easily worn by just a few openings and closings. (I think this may be an unavoidable trade-off to have such a thin case.) If you get this case, forget about doing battery pulls. Reset the device with the three-finger salute or QuickPull, but leave the case on. Also, not a good choice of a case if you plan on switching out MicroSD cards, for the same reason. I already had to replace my case once because I opened it three or four times.

Now I won't remove it until I'm prepared to replace it.
    03-31-09 01:00 PM
    Cop,
    Double check the back of your case to see if the model is BB8330 and not BB8300. When I first got by 8330 I bought the case from Verizon and the fit was not right. Apparently enough customers complained and Verizon realized that there was now a case specifically for the 8330. Mine now fits perfect...no gaps...actually a bit difficult to take off. That's why I installed QuickPull.
    Thanks for the info. I was hoping that maybe that was the problem, but my case says BB8330. I'm not sure why mine always pops off when my phone is dropped
    03-31-09 02:02 PM
    Thanks for the info. I was hoping that maybe that was the problem, but my case says BB8330. I'm not sure why mine always pops off when my phone is dropped
    Maybe your case was part of a bad mfg batch...

Either way, the case popping off isnt a bad thing. That means the case is taking most of the impact. I have dropped my phone multiple times with the Seidio and
    my phone has never gotten a scratch or had any problems with it.
    03-31-09 04:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD