Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Case-Mate Barely There

4 18.18%
  • Otterbox Commuter Series

9 40.91%
  • other cases

9 40.91%
    I'm considering buying either one of these cases, any suggestion??? And can you guys possibly post the picture of your torch with the case? thanks!!
    12-14-10 06:49 PM
    Still think this is one of the best cases and cost a fraction of similar ones..

HARD RUBBER CASE COVER FOR BLACKBERRY TORCH 9800 NEW - eBay (item 270649347638 end time Jan-12-11 00:48:46 PST)
    12-14-10 06:56 PM
    I'm considering buying either one of these cases, any suggestion??? And can you guys possibly post the picture of your torch with the case? thanks!!
    Honestly, your looking at two cases that are very different, one offers a bit different and more protection than the other.

However, I think in this forum, the most recommended case will be the AGF - GRT case. You should look that one up, in my opinion it is far superior to either one of the cases you are trying to decide between.
    12-14-10 07:09 PM
    That case that Papped posted is a steal. Otterbox is much over priced
    12-14-10 07:14 PM
    For the most part a lot of the expensive cases are re-patterned versions of the same basic case...

Exception being maybe the AGF because it has it's own slider mechanism, but it also has some of it's own issues and is much thicker, so...

Also it comes with a screen protector... and the case... for $3.50... shipped...
    12-14-10 07:15 PM
    I'm Using AGF GRT and it works very good!
    12-14-10 07:30 PM
    I've used seven different cases, including two cheapos from ebay, and the one I've liked best has been the Seidio Innocase. I've had the otterbox, the barely there and the medley cases, every single one I've busted the top piece or the thing wobbles and creaks so bad I can't stand it.
    In my opinion, the Seidio is the easiest to put on and take off yet it seems to stay on the best thus far and has the best fit. I love the Otterbox case until the top piece broke. I received a replacement case but the fit was terrible so it was unusable.
    The only case I haven't tried is the AGF but if you get it, find it on ebay, it's a rip off from at&t.
    12-14-10 08:43 PM
    i just bought CM Barely There, this case is pretty sweet. What did u dont like about this case, quillhill???
    12-15-10 07:44 AM
    +1 Seidio Innocase Surface case does the job. Since I prefer a holster it also comes as a combo case and holster that is real sweet.
    12-15-10 09:18 AM
    I have the case mate barely there, and the cheap case off ebay.

whatever you do, pick one case and stick with it. If you take the cheap case on and off the phone too many times, the clips will snap off the top piece and render it useless.

if you take the case mate off too many times, the top piece will loosen and need to be held on with tape to protect it from drops. the back is also a nightmare to get off, and depending on how you pull it, you'll find your device separating from itself.

I have no experience with the otterbox commuter so I can't comment on it.
    12-15-10 09:49 AM
    I'm using the Otter Commute and really like it. It fits snugly, and doesn't inhibit the slide function at all. I also have had no issues with the front part popping off. One of the best Ive had.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by pilsbury; 12-15-10 at 05:11 PM.
    12-15-10 11:29 AM
    i love my case-mate "barely there" case! here's my video review of the black one:

12-15-10 12:45 PM
    i just bought CM Barely There, this case is pretty sweet. What did u dont like about this case, quillhill???
    See post below because that covers a lot but I'll elaborate ...

I have the case mate barely there, and the cheap case off ebay.

whatever you do, pick one case and stick with it. If you take the cheap case on and off the phone too many times, the clips will snap off the top piece and render it useless.

if you take the case mate off too many times, the top piece will loosen and need to be held on with tape to protect it from drops. the back is also a nightmare to get off, and depending on how you pull it, you'll find your device separating from itself.

I have no experience with the otterbox commuter so I can't comment on it.
    With the first barely there case, the top piece just wouldn't stay on... I returned it for the Otterbox case which was great until the top piece broke off. I have a charging pod and there's no way around taking the case off to use it. The second barely there case, while it looked awesome, the top piece didn't fit right and my gosh, the creaking and wobble was worse with it on than off. I have a launch day device so it's got a few of the maligned design quirks which with the proper case don't bother me at all.
    For being $25 to $30 or so a pop from the at&t store, the case-mate barely there cases just don't get the top piece right at all as far as fit, unfortunately. Now, I don't blame them too much for that given how difficult it is to successfully design and manufacture a case that has a top piece that fits well on the Torch but I didn't have nearly as much trouble with cases on the Pre Plus which has a similar design. *shrugs*
    Thus far, the Seidio case is the best I've used.
    I had an ebay case that the top piece broke about six hours after I first put it on. I didn't even take it off. I pulled it out of my pocket, the top piece popped off and the clips were broken. Disaster. Good thing it was only about $6.
    12-15-10 02:18 PM
    how about the Mobi hard shell cases? anyone had experience with that? it's cheaper than most other cases
    12-15-10 02:24 PM
    The mobi hard cases are actually the same case as the one I posted, they just cost $13 instead of $3.50.

And NEVER buy the clear plastic hard cases. They will always break, really easily.
    12-15-10 02:54 PM
    Wow.... so I bought both the Otterbox Commuter and CM Barely There cases, I find out that using the Otterbox case for the bottom and Case Mate case for the screen is the best.. lol
    12-15-10 06:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD