09-25-11 07:54 AM
88 1234
tools
    Here's mine in black. I only put it on when I'm not using the OEM holster.
    where did you get those screen protectors?
    08-19-11 12:11 AM
    Its for the microphone which is used for video recording.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Are you sure?? There is nothing on the bb right where that cutout he's talking about is...
    Its right over where the battery cover attathes below the flash...??

And thanks DX9. That's what I was hoping to hear

Last edited by Big_Ern; 08-19-11 at 01:31 AM.
    08-19-11 01:29 AM
    Has anyone made a case for the 9900/9930 that will work with the charging pod? You'd think with everyone having such a hard on for the pod that someone would come up with a solution???
    08-19-11 01:55 AM
    Or a pod that works with the cases. I woulda bought a case/pod combo from case-mate (or someone else) if one existed.... Much like Siedo's extended battery/cover & charge pod combo they sell for the other berries (no case available for them though...)

08-19-11 02:00 AM
    How do these cases perform for accidental drops? A case for me has to perform well there. I don't drop my phones often but it happens at least twice a year with at least once on a concrete sidewalk.

Style is nice but protection is the most important thing for me when it comes to a case. Please share your thoughts and experience on this.

I've used Otterbox and SenaCases in the past and both did the job well enough in the protection category.
    08-19-11 06:14 AM
    How do these cases perform for accidental drops? A case for me has to perform well there. I don't drop my phones often but it happens at least twice a year with at least once on a concrete sidewalk.

Style is nice but protection is the most important thing for me when it comes to a case. Please share your thoughts and experience on this.

I've used Otterbox and SenaCases in the past and both did the job well enough in the protection category.
    I have not dropped my phone in years.

If you drop yours often, Otterbox makes huge rubber cases to protect. The cases like Barely there will only protect from scratches and general wear and not sudden stops on concrete.
    DrewDT likes this.
    08-19-11 06:23 AM
    Yeah I might end up buying a commuter otterbox for "going on" nights when I drink, this case doesn't look like it will protect much from a concrete fall
    08-19-11 06:31 AM
    I have not dropped my phone in years.

If you drop yours often, Otterbox makes huge rubber cases to protect. The cases like Barely there will only protect from scratches and general wear and not sudden stops on concrete.
    Thanks for the feedback, it is rare that I drop my phone and I don't necessarily need an Otterbox for protection (although I haven't ruled them out), I just want to ensure I am protected in the unlikely event this occurs. These Case-Mate cases do look good though.
    08-19-11 06:33 AM
    but I have pretty much thrown/drop kicked my old 9700 on the ground in the gravel with zero issues (fumbled it and tried to catch it but end up being clumsy and batting it away from myself directly at the ground full of sharp rocks). Sure it got a couple chips or scratches, but it never broke!
    Except for once that the lock button got dented once so my 9700 always locked itself and wouldn't unlock, but I was able to fix this by opening the case and bending it back to normal

Blackberries are TOUGH Devices
    No cracked broken screens like what would have happened with an iphone
    08-19-11 06:37 AM
    this cases look so nice...it is neither reducing the beauty of the phone nor adding to it, yet protecting it...
    08-19-11 06:57 AM
    Thanks for posting info about this case. I didn't see them last time I checked and was wondering if they were going to have a case. The chrome plated Casemate BT protected my 9650 lots of times plus it looked great too. I had to have something for the 9930 quick though so I ordered the soft and hard case from BlackBerry to try out until The Next Great Thing came along...looks like it's here already!
    08-19-11 08:11 AM
    Great case, dropped my phone twice already. Heart stopped. Fell on to a lovely tiled floor, great for breaking my 9700 without a case. Can safely say the blackberry 9900 is fine and the case has done it's job ! No dents or scratches on the case either, lucky escape or great design. you choose
    08-19-11 08:22 AM
    how is this compare to the OEM hard case that crackberry currently have in stock?
    I ordered both the hard and the soft case. The hard case is only hard on the back; sides are a stiffer rubber material. It looks pretty good on the phone but adds a somewhat cheap feel to it as it does not match the quality of the phone itself.

I actually like the OEM softcase better. It isn't silicon but rather some kind of acrylic vinyl. It fits snug to the phone, doesn't add a lot of bulk but has good grip and makes the whole phone feel safer from bumps and bruises. The colors on BlackBerry's page don't look like the real thing though and I am happy about that. All they had in stock was the bottle green and the color was much better in person than what it appeared to be on the website.
    08-19-11 08:32 AM
    My only problem with any of these cases is that you can not longer use the charging POD.
    08-19-11 08:37 AM
    My only problem with any of these cases is that you can not longer use the charging POD.
    +1, was going to order one till I found that out. If i'm going to be sacrificing the pod, mine as well go with a case that can survive the rapture, the otter box commuter. Will have to think about this over the weekend.
    08-19-11 08:46 AM
    I am going to *make* it fit the charging pod with the barely there alumin case on it
    The contacts are showing on the bottom and I bet base/hole on the charging pod could be filed/ground bigger to work with the case on
    08-19-11 09:00 AM
    I hear many users find it a deal breaker for a case if it doesn't allow them to use a charging pod. I've never had a charging pod myself, I've always just plugged my charger into my BB and left it flat on my desk. What added value / advantages does a pod offer over leaving your BB flat on the desk charging or getting a case with a stand like this one?
    BlackBerry Bold 9900 / 9930 Pop! case with built-in stand by Case-Mate
    08-19-11 09:04 AM
    I changed my mind and went for the cheaper OEM soft case.

Nice and slim, fits perfectly and only cost 8
    08-19-11 09:08 AM
    I hear many users find it a deal breaker for a case if it doesn't allow them to use a charging pod. I've never had a charging pod myself, I've always just plugged my charger into my BB and left it flat on my desk. What added value / advantages does a pod offer over leaving your BB flat on the desk charging or getting a case with a stand like this one?
    BlackBerry Bold 9900 / 9930 Pop! case with built-in stand by Case-Mate
    For one, it saves wear and tear on the usb port on the phone. Also just much more convenient to drop it on the pod. Also keeps your desk a little neater so you don't have a charging cable laying around.

I've never used a case on any device - I have always preferred the original look and feel. And, because I like the pod and have a proclip in my car, cases would just be a pain anyhow.
    DrewDT likes this.
    08-19-11 09:13 AM
    I like it and its a bonus that it fits in the holster too, well you need to make it fit.
    08-19-11 01:10 PM
    I like it and its a bonus that it fits in the holster too, well you need to make it fit.
    What did you have to do to make it fit?
    08-19-11 04:46 PM
    well, we can do a DIY project, just cut some part of the bottom of the OEM soft case (like the bottom part of case mate), i think im gonna try it later when i received my 9900 and my pod, i only have my OEM case for now took a looonggg time for 9900 to be release in germany
    08-19-11 05:04 PM
    I ordered the Black Emerge case from Case-Mate. It looks pretty sweet
    08-19-11 07:33 PM
    Here's mine in black. I only put it on when I'm not using the OEM holster.
    This is SEXY. Are you using any sort of screen shield or protector?
    08-21-11 06:13 PM
    I am going to *make* it fit the charging pod with the barely there alumin case on it
    The contacts are showing on the bottom and I bet base/hole on the charging pod could be filed/ground bigger to work with the case on
    Let us know how that works out for you. I too will not leave the charging stand, case only if it will fit in the stand.
    08-21-11 06:27 PM
88 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD