09-25-11 06:54 AM
88 1234
tools
    well then, case mate or oem hard shell case?

Both case was in stock at my local bestbuy. The oem hard shell case looked a bit cheesy and bulky compared to the cm..

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    manofice1 likes this.
    08-17-11 08:03 PM
    ^is it available in the US best buy?
    08-17-11 08:50 PM
    Sorry, forgot to state that the BestBuy that I went to was located in Canada.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    08-17-11 08:54 PM
    Just ordered the casemate in black
    08-18-11 10:08 AM
    Who's cup of tea is this?
    ratchetjaw#AC likes this.
    08-18-11 11:49 AM
    the all black looks awesome.

but man, the metal band...dont want to cover the metal band..lol
    08-18-11 12:09 PM
    x3

I would like to know as well.
    Specifically for the barely there brushed aluminum cases
    Yes there are.....this is the link.

Case-Mate BlackBerry 9900 / 9930 Barely There Brushed Aluminum Cases (Case-Mate BB9900-ALUM), BlackBerry Bold 9900 / 9930 Cases, Covers, Holsters, Skins, and Accessories for the Bold 9900

You know the one problem I have with casemate is that they hide the 'BOLD' logo...I hate that. But their cases are beautiful regardless.....
    Last edited by totallygone; 08-18-11 at 12:36 PM.
    08-18-11 12:33 PM
    the all black looks awesome.

but man, the metal band...dont want to cover the metal band..lol
    I was in the same mind as you, that stainless steel rim is soooo nice! But that black case looks amazing so I went with it
    08-18-11 12:46 PM
    what the **** is the point of these cases? Scratch protection? LOL. What a joke. Have had maybe a dozen smartphones in 10 years and never had a case. The phone companies work hard to make it thin then some people put a case on it -- any case adds bulk and is completely uneccessary. Will net you an extra $20 in 2 years if you sell it, that's about it. From less scratches. Yippee. For 2 years of carrying around a bulkier phone.
    08-18-11 01:30 PM
    what the **** is the point of these cases? Scratch protection? LOL. What a joke. Have had maybe a dozen smartphones in 10 years and never had a case. The phone companies work hard to make it thin then some people put a case on it -- any case adds bulk and is completely uneccessary. Will net you an extra $20 in 2 years if you sell it, that's about it. From less scratches. Yippee. For 2 years of carrying around a bulkier phone.
    what crawled up your ***? I put a case on so it doesn't get scratched up as much and for that rare chance I might drop it, it can add some protection.
    ericlc2, andy957 and fabian7897 like this.
    08-18-11 01:39 PM
    waiting for mine to arrive. Ordered it from Crackberry in the brushed aluminum finish.
    08-18-11 02:56 PM
    Can any one confirm if it will work with the OEM cradle? I read some thoughts above but has anyone tried it yet?

I must have the cradle but I want the case.

thanks
    08-18-11 02:59 PM
    I just ordered a silver brushed aluminum barely there last night. Shipped out today. Hipefully get it in a week or when I clears customs... I ordered a charging dock the other day too. I'll report back once I have it all together if it fits

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-18-11 03:54 PM
    @ dcnats: I've never been a case person either for those exact reasons, but the 9900 is thinner than I care for - feels nice but I've gotten used to the older thicker BBs so don't mind it being a bit thicker - and the case-mate barely there barely adds antthing to the phone and I think the brushed aluminum looks badass. Who knows, maybe I won't like it and you'll see it up for sale in a few weeks....

08-18-11 04:00 PM
    I am getting my phone and ordered the black brushed aluminum one too - looks like it will be a sharp combo!
    08-18-11 04:17 PM
    Here's mine in black. I only put it on when I'm not using the OEM holster.
    ]

beautiful pics!!!
    08-18-11 04:25 PM
    well then, case mate or oem hard shell case?
    I guess it will have to be individual choice. I prefer the OEM, however the case mate does look good, but I didn't like not having the buttons covered up.

OEM pro: Buttons covered, grippy material, less chance of it falling. Not bulky feeling.

Con: camera & flash area not covered fully like Case mate.

I guess to each their own, but the OEM one does the job perfectly. I bought mine for $13.00 from Bestbuy last week, so even for that price .. who cares lol
    08-18-11 04:42 PM
    Can any one confirm if it will work with the OEM cradle? I read some thoughts above but has anyone tried it yet?

I must have the cradle but I want the case.

thanks
    I have tried and they do NOT work with the cradle. Mine is being returned as the cradle is important to me.
    ericlc2 likes this.
    08-18-11 04:47 PM
    @ leems: I agree, it is personal prefference OEM vs case-mate. Personally I love the look of the 9900 brushed metal side on the sides so if I'm covering that I want to put on the barely there brushed aluminum case-mate which I think will look baller

@ greggebhardt: do you think the charging pod could be shaved down a bit to work? That's my plan

08-18-11 05:51 PM
    This case is not my cup of tea. It's quite ugly.
    08-18-11 07:16 PM
    Picked up the black one at Best Buy in Ottawa. Love the look. Great slim case.

08-18-11 07:20 PM
    @ DX9: how much thickness does it add? Could you take a picture of it next to your old BB (9700 etc) with them both laying flat beside each other?

08-18-11 07:26 PM
    @ DX9: how much thickness does it add? Could you take a picture of it next to your old BB (9700 etc) with them both laying flat beside each other?

Sold my 9780 last night. It honestly doesn't add much thickness. Case is very thin unlike a rubber skin.

08-18-11 07:46 PM
    ^^^ what's the hole below the flash cut out for?
    Its for the microphone which is used for video recording.

08-18-11 09:42 PM
    Waiting for Seidio to come out with an Innocase for the 9900
    08-18-11 10:40 PM
88 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD