02-20-10 11:43 AM
43 12
tools
    I love my tour shell/holster combo but when I take it out it feels so much better. A little thinner and looks better where I can see the chrome. But with trackball issues I read about I'm scared to put it in my pocket without the case.

How many of you just keep it in your pocket without a case? Is it safe? Again, I love the case but it just looks and feels so much smoother without any case.

I was just curious how many of you use a case and how many don't and don't have any problems or scratches on the screen? Or trackball issues. Plus I'd like to have a charging cradle and I can't get one because of the shell and I don't want to have to take it out and put it back in everytime. It's actually not that easy to take out.
    02-15-10 02:40 AM
    I use the Epik Case and keep it in my pocket on a daily basis. No problems with the trackball/keypad at all. As far as scratches go, I use a screen protector, so I don't really worry about them.

It doesn't show the chrome, like you said you wanted to see, so that may be a problem. But it protects the sides/top/back of the phone and that's what I look for in a case. Also, it's snug, not flimsy like the OEM silicon cases and it slides easy in and out of my pocket. Fits everything I want.

As you go thinner and more "stylish" the protection isn't as great, you could say. For example, I have a "barely there" case and I love the way it looks, but the protection isn't as great. Top and bottom are left uncovered.
    02-15-10 02:47 AM
    Yeah, this one protects well and fits very snug. It looks like it's made on the phone actually. A lot of people who didn't know better thought my phone came like that. And the holster part slides over the front and what that does is put it in standby and protect the screen. Check out the case I use. It doesn't add much thickness at all. it's the best case I've seen BUT it still just looks kinda better and feels a little better without it. My girlfriend has a case like you have on her curve. Well, my ex now. And it is cool but still not the natural feeling.

Heres my case. Buy OEM Verizon Blackberry Tour 2 9650 & Tour 9630 Shell/Holster Combo Case Pack - Black, 84039, FREE SHIPPING!
    02-15-10 02:51 AM
    I see. I like the Epik mainly because it's not silicon, still "slippery" if that makes sense.

So you're saying you want a case, where it feels like there's no case at all... haha. Try a barely there case maybe, but the top and bottom won't be protected. Either that or just get an invisibleshield, if you feel that's enough protection for you.
    02-15-10 02:56 AM
    I see. I like the Epik mainly because it's not silicon, still "slippery" if that makes sense.

So you're saying you want a case, where it feels like there's no case at all... haha. Try a barely there case maybe, but the top and bottom won't be protected. Either that or just get an invisibleshield, if you feel that's enough protection for you.
    Na, I'm just saying if I use a case the one I got is perfect. I just am thinking of not using a case at all. I'm wondering how, "safe," it is to go without a case. Due to trackball issues mostly. I like to keep my Tour looking like the day I got it and that case I got does a good job of it.

I guess I'll keep using my case because if I dropped it in a parking lot it wouldn't even hurt it as long as I had the holster part over the screen. If I drop it without it, it's going to have a big scratch or crack in the screen.

With the curve I used the case it came with. Which was just a slide in and out case. I had it outside the case and dropped it on concrete. Well, I had to deal with a huge crack in my screen for months and I don't want to do it again.

It's just it looks so much more attractive naked. lol And a charging cradle looks cool. I have an external charger for my extra two batteries. And a lot of these charging cradles charge an extra battery while charging the phone and it's easier to just sit it down on it rather than plug it up.

Off topic btw, since I got 5.0 my battery life is crazy good. I turn my gps off now when not in use.

My phone has been on and I've been texting heavily for the past 5 hours and it's still on 100%. Hasn't even went down to 95% with texting heavily and using myspace heavily. And it's not even on standby!

Sorry, I had to vent! This is getting me super excited that it last this long. And this isn't my extended battery it's just my regular one in.
    02-15-10 03:04 AM
    Is this the case you got? The guy here says the regular wall charger doesn't go all the way in and you have to use a USB cable. That sucks. Your case looks cool as far as style but it doesn't protect. Like I need something on the front of the phone to protect the screen, trackball, and keyboard and not get stuff in it.

02-15-10 03:10 AM
    Fyi, the new epik pro (without designs) will show chrome.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-15-10 11:49 AM
    Yes, I have one of the new Epik "Pro" cases, and I just LOVE it! It slides easily in and out of my pocket and doesn't attract lint or pet hair. And for six bucks, it's very reasonably priced! No problems accessing the jack for the wall charger either, and the cutout for the headphone jack is plenty large as well.
    02-15-10 12:01 PM
    Mine goes naked. All the time. I have tried quite a few cases but I can't find just the right one. I'm pretty easy on the 9630 and keep him safe. Sure, accidents can happen and I hope I'm not jinxing myself in saying this, but for me, naked has been okay.
    02-15-10 12:23 PM
    I just use the clear film over the top buttons and screen and the holster it came with is perfect..I can remove the phone from holster in about a second.. Been using the phone/hoster combo over a decade so it feels kinda natural and is more of a reflex with no thought required ...
    02-15-10 12:32 PM
    I never use a case on my tour. I've had the same one since release and no trackball issues. Cases are too big of a pain when you have a charging pod.

02-15-10 12:36 PM
    The problem with like 90% of cases is that they don't cover the one thing I would care about getting scratched, the screen. Then you have the problem with using a dock you mentioned. Seido or however it's spelled makes a special dock you can use with their cases.

Mine just stays nekkid in my pocket, in the charging dock, or on my dresser.
    02-15-10 01:02 PM
    I keep mine naked as well. Actually, every case ive used seems to get dirt underneath the case and it ends up grinding it into the phone and actually making it worse than if I didnt have a case. So because of that I always use mine naked and it looks just as great as it always has.
    02-15-10 02:38 PM
    Mine is naked too. I do use a black SPE leather side case.
    02-15-10 03:15 PM
    I keep mine naked too, I used to use the seidio case with holster but swapped it out coz it just feels better in your hand naked

02-15-10 03:55 PM
    Yeah, it definitely feels better naked. But I went back with the case just because I know I'll drop it or something. I may go to the case it came with that way when it's in my hand it's naked but in a case when it's being carried. Most people would find this a stupid decision. But us Blackberry nerds think long and hard about this decision. lol
    02-15-10 03:59 PM
    i use it naked as well. TBH i think it's kinda amusing to see people with cases on their blackberrys but whatever floats your boat
    02-15-10 04:37 PM
    i use it naked as well. TBH i think it's kinda amusing to see people with cases on their blackberrys but whatever floats your boat
    Why do you think it's amusing? My case has protected my screen from being cracked multiple times and from anything getting in the track ball. It's a very hard shell case and the holster slides over the screen. Nothing amusing about just wanting your blackberry to not be cracked.
    02-15-10 04:40 PM
    I bought a 30 dollar case for mine that quickly went into the dresser drawer. I love being able to slip my phone right into my pocket.

I don't wear belt holsters, because I don't feel the need to advertise that I have a blackberry.
    02-15-10 05:11 PM
    I bought a 30 dollar case for mine that quickly went into the dresser drawer. I love being able to slip my phone right into my pocket.

I don't wear belt holsters, because I don't feel the need to advertise that I have a blackberry.
    I don't neither. I stick my phone in my pocket and the holster clips outside my pocket. You can't see anything but the outside of the clip. I don't wear it outside my pocket and clip it inside because that's not secure or reliable. it's better to put it inside the pocket and use the clip clipping outside. And I clip it on my sun visor in my truck so I don't have to dig in my pocket when it rings.

And with these holsters you couldn't advertise it's a blackberry because you can't see it's a blackberry. The holster goes over the screen and the shell stays on the back and sides. Plus I don't think people that DO wear open cases on their belt are advertising it. It's just more safe and reliable. But I used to clip mine on the outside and had it fall too many times.

At my last department we had special blackberry cases that we clipped on our duty belt. I usually clipped it right before my gun magazines and it was a really good clip but really only works with a police belt.
    02-15-10 05:17 PM
    well i used the OEM case for ever until, i pulled it out one day and it fell from my waste to the ground. I carry it around in an otter box now because the chrome is beat up from the fall. I'm pleased with the look though.
    02-15-10 06:13 PM
    Defender Otter Case, i know it is thick and some think it is ugly but for protection you cant find a better case, I also think it looks stealthy and it does bring a screen protector as well as a skin for the keyboard. Even the cleanest hands will have oil on them and eventually you will have issues. I could not recommend this case any better.
    02-15-10 07:02 PM
    I like mine naked. Bought an Otterbox Deffender Case soon after I got my tour. Great case but it takes away from the sleekness of the Tour. I like the holster that came with my Tour but it can still get banged up in my line of work so lately I've been rockin the OEM synthetic pocket pouch it does a great job of protecting both the screen and trackball while in my pocket.
    02-15-10 07:27 PM
    Naked for me. No trackball problems, nada

weeeeee
    02-15-10 08:02 PM
    Mine is always naked. So far I've been very careful with it. I keep it a separate compartment in my pocketbook. I love the way it looks with nothing on it and I'm constantly cleaning it.

02-15-10 08:37 PM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD