08-06-09 11:20 AM
218 ... 45678 ...
tools
    Here's a case I love for mine, it feels and looks great in person. Feels almost velvety. Remember, like with most hard cases to put a small bit of cloth on the shiny plastic top to prevent scratches.
    Amazon.com: BLACK RUBBERIZED COATED COVER HARD CASE PROTECTOR for BLACKBERRY CURVE 8900: Cell Phones & Service

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-13-09 10:28 AM
    I have been using a Monaco horizontal case for about a week now... fit is Great... exactly what I wanted in a leather case. Here is a picture from my 8900 - downsized to be able to attach as a thumbnail

*** EDIT: Here is the Link: BlackBerry Curve 8900 Monaco Horizontal Pouch Type Leather Case And that is not a snap closure... it's a magnetic closure.
    is there enough room in the case for a 8900 with a skin on it?
    02-13-09 10:40 AM
    is that holster strong? I've broken every plastic holster like that I"ve ever had....Never owned a Seidio though, so maybe that was my problem....still undecided on my holster (i like to pocket my phone), guess I'll get the black innocase II though
    Seems strong to me but it is plastic so with the right pressure I am sure it could break. Only had it for a few days. Skullgame maybe he can help you with the he actually works for a living so maybe he can tell you more about the durability. I just got this case. It is felt lined to protect the face of the phone.

02-13-09 10:41 AM
    i had a hard case on my pearl and now with my curve I have one of the silicone skins....black with flames...I havent had any problems with it, given tho, that when Ive dropped it, it hasnt landed on the keys
    02-13-09 10:42 AM
    I like the silicone just because I like the way it fits and feels.
    02-13-09 10:51 AM
    Seems strong to me but it is plastic so with the right pressure I am sure it could break. Only had it for a few days. Skullgame maybe he can help you with the he actually works for a living so maybe he can tell you more about the durability. I just got this case. It is felt lined to protect the face of the phone.

Right you are Cilantro! I do do manual labor at my work so my phones, in their holsters, usually get banged around. These Seidio holsters are very durable! With my Pearl holster, it took a beating but it still looks almost new and still works great! They may seem expensive at Seidio, but you get what you pay for!

02-13-09 10:59 AM
    hahahahaha my work!!!!

Last edited by ClintRo; 02-13-09 at 11:09 AM.
    02-13-09 11:06 AM
    I have the otter box...and while it does make my phone feel and look like its on steroids, my phone looks like its fresh out of the box when I remove the case....and Ive dropped it, spill hot coco on it and it was kidnapped for a few mins by a baby that drooled on it...and its fine
    02-13-09 11:28 AM
    I prefer the leather flip cases. I had one for my Pearl and I know it saved the day many times. I've lost count of how may times I dropped that phone.

I've been looking at flip cases for the 8900, but they all seem to cover the camera. Has anyone seen one that doesn't?
    02-14-09 12:37 PM
    I think I might try this one. Amazon.com: Amzer 82569 Rubberized Snap on Case for BlackBerry Curve 8900 (Bubble Gum Pink): Cell Phones & Service But I am also thinking of one of the Seido Innocase ones too. I tend to like to change stuff a lot so I'll probably collect different cases and sillicone skins in a variety of colors.
    02-14-09 01:32 PM
    I had the otterbox for my 8320 and I know a lot of people don't like the extra bulk but for a clumsy old man like me, I really liked the feel. (Minus the clear plastic protector) Yesterday I bought an 8900 and put on a screen protector but I'm stuck using an old spare gel case from my 8320. It fits size-wise but the openings are all wrong.

I wrote Otterbox about when they plan an 8900 release but so far no word. Would anyone recommend a comparable product? Something durable and that does add bulk for big hands.
    02-14-09 02:00 PM
    i am using TRIPLE coverage LOL i know its insane but i've had a pearl before and i dropped it like ankle high and it broke so im extra careful with this cuz im pretty clumsy

I have ZAGG protection + red or blue blackberry silicone + leather blackberry 8300 series case (so the phone can fit WITH the silicone inside)

hereeeee....
    I may do something similar with my 8900 when I get it. I tend to be really bad with phones. Part of it comes from sitting with the phone in my lap while driving, then forgetting it's there and getting out of the car... then BOOM... phone hits parking lot/ garage floor.
    02-14-09 04:59 PM
    got this case. its pretty nice. I didn't wade through all the pages in the thread, so I don't know if someone else already has this case as well.
    02-14-09 05:33 PM
    i ordered the bestskinzever and i'm loving it.
    02-14-09 06:00 PM
    i ordered the bestskinzever and i'm loving it.
    I ordered a skin too. I learned from my 8320, which I dropped a buncha times before I finally got a skin - get a skin
    02-14-09 06:52 PM
    I'm waiting on a Black OEM silicon skin. The genuine Blackberry skins are superior to generic. I also like to use my Bold holster (that came in the box) even thought the 8900 moves around a little in there.
    02-14-09 07:01 PM
    I got a black skin case and leather holster

02-14-09 10:14 PM
    The only thing I'm going to get for the 8900 is the Invisishield. The 8900 is the best looking phone out and a case will just ruin it in my opinion. I'm pretty careful with my phones so the invisishield should do the trick. For protection I just use the Blackberry holster it came with.
    02-15-09 12:09 AM
    for those that have the horizontal leather holster, is it as tight as the one that came with the phone? I have to struggle to get my 8900 out of the case that came with it. I feel like its an accident waiting to happen.
    02-15-09 04:43 PM
    Anyone get crystal hard case for the 8900? and where did you get it from? i bought one off ebay but it hasnt arrived and i dont think it will shady for some reason. but anyways where did you guys get it from?
    02-16-09 12:22 PM
    i like the full body ZAGG screen protector with the OEM leather (sock like) case
    02-16-09 12:29 PM
    anyone know if tmobile is selling a crystal hard case? at the store.
    02-16-09 12:56 PM
    anyone know if tmobile is selling a crystal hard case? at the store.
    I was at a t-mobile mall store yesterday, and they did have a crystal hard case in stock. They also have a few other ones. Typical store tough, scattered throughout the store in all random places.
    02-16-09 01:15 PM
    i use Phantom Skinz.
    02-16-09 03:21 PM
    I ordered the Seidio Innocase ii Black and the Seidio Ultimate Screen Guard. The screen guard says it's "extra thick," so I don't know how much I'll love that (but I also don't want any scratches in my screen). I'll post my impressions when they get here.
    02-16-09 05:33 PM
218 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD