08-06-09 12:20 PM
218 1234 ...
tools
    Ill most likley use a skin..

Even though I want to just put a sticker on the back and leave it like that.
    01-27-09 02:41 AM
    i always use the OEM leather holster and wear it on my belt... the curve 8900 is still quite big to pocket...
    haha so put it in your BACK pocket?

i sure hope yall arent the type who wear it in the front pocket and have that awkward cellphone bulge in your pants. hahaha.

and whoever said i was a "little hottie" is probably like a lot older than me or something haha. 22ish is currently the oldest i'll date.
    01-27-09 02:55 AM
    i usually have it in my front pocket but u can barely tell with the phone i have now. might be a diff story when i get my new curve tho
    01-27-09 02:58 AM
    yeah it generally looks fine in the front pocket unless youre wearing like, super tight pants haha.
    01-27-09 03:02 AM
    haha yea thats true. since i work most of the week i tend to be in work pants which are very comfortable and baggy so shouldnt be much of a problem. just were not allowed to have our phones on us at work so gotta find ways to sneak in a txt message here and there
    01-27-09 03:15 AM
    yeah i work in a clothing store and i believe the womens clothing buyer is the only one in the business with a blackberry! we are allowed to have the phone on us but are "only supposed to use them on break." the only person who really cares is my boss though and its not a huge deal since i only text at work... although that can be a distraction since i work in customer service haha.
    01-27-09 03:18 AM
    Another vote for not using any case.

I just keep mine in a separate pocket from my other stuff.

I dislike extra bulk to the phone and/or getting it out of the case.

If I was going to go for anything it would be what howejustin has suggested.
    01-27-09 06:56 AM
    I have a screen protector and the OEM silicone skin on my 8900. The skin for the 8900 actually feels a lot better than the ones for the 8320 where it has a less rubbery feeling so it's easier to slip in and out of your pocket.
    01-27-09 07:10 AM
    I have the fortte leather flip case for my Pearl and hope to get something similar when I get my Curve
    01-27-09 08:22 AM
    Haha i generally havent got the patience to put one of those on without messing it up royally! i may give it a shot though
    You don't have to put it on yourself, ZAGG might have a mall location near Charleston and you can take it to them and they'll put it all on perfectly, my brother did this with his G1 and it looks damn nice.
    01-27-09 08:42 AM
    I have been trying to get on the zagg website for days now and my browser keeps timing out. How is everybody else getting through to order? How long before you have to replace the zagg protector or is it permanent?
    01-27-09 09:17 AM
    I got my 8900 December 7th so at the time there wasn't any cases or protectors, but I took my phone to the same guy i got all my screen protectors for my K790 and other phones and he custom made me one (He has an extremely steady hand lol). I definitely recommend at least a screen protector. I just picked up a silicone case a few weeks back from a rogers store and I actually dropped my phone by accident from about 3 feet and everything is fine.

ohh and i sometimes put my phone in my front jean pocket :P but i don't wear skinny jeans. lol

Forgot to mention... I see a lot of people talking about ZAGG, but phantomskinz has shields too and from what the phantomskinzguru said in a post the other day CB users get a 20% discount and all orders ship with 2 skins and they have free ground shipping to US and Canada.
    Last edited by Nazarius; 01-27-09 at 09:20 AM.
    01-27-09 09:17 AM
    Best Skins Ever has the best bang for the buck when it comes to screen protectors.

Wearing a Blackberry (or any cell phone) on your belt is a fashion snafu. Ugly.
    01-27-09 09:23 AM
    Also getting the Zagg full body protection for my 8900, supposedly shipping sometime around the 27th according to their site. There is a promo code floating around somewhere to give you approx. 20% off your order.

I may look into an Otterbox later on, they are pure armor for your phone, but they make it real bulky. And one of the best things about the 8900 is the low weight and slim profile, so I dunno on the Otterbox just yet.
    01-27-09 09:23 AM
    BSE just released their 8900 full body skin... 6.99 for two sets ; >

and u missed the 50% Zagg special i guess..
    01-27-09 09:41 AM
    22ish is currently the oldest i'll date.

haha jk..

i think the best bet for you is to get a full protection skin from BSE, Zagg or Phantom skins, so when u keep it in your pants at work it won't scratch (whether it be front or back pocket)

then for times in your purse or where ever you should get a nice pouch for it.. there are tonnes out there now ; >
    01-27-09 09:44 AM
    Actually, the genuine RIM silicon cases are quite nice. I had one on my Curve 8320 and must have dropped it at least a dozen times from 4 feet up, sometimes onto concrete, sometimes asphault, etc. Not 1 scratch or ding ended up on the phone itself, and the skin still looked brand new when I sold it this past weekend (with the phone, of course). Needless to say, I have another one for the 8900 coming in the mail tomorrow and a screen protector coming in a couple weeks most likely since it won't ship until tomorrow (InvisiShield).

I hate leather cases, they're just too bulky. I like slim and streamlined, while maintaining functionality. I'll be sticking with my silicon case.
    I agree 100% with you. I have always had one of the Blackberry silicon cases on my phone as well. Like you, ive dropped it TONS of times....not one scratch. I ALSO ordered the invisible shield from ZAGG since its gotten such great reviews. So I will have an invisible shield PLUS the silicon case on mine.

p.s. yeah, Leather cases are horrible IMO
    01-27-09 09:49 AM
    I don't use cases any longer ever since I realized that cnn.cn has complete replacement housing for Blackberries at a descent price (at least in my opinion). If my phone gets really messed up, I'd rather just replace the housing. Plus it gives you the option of change the color down the road as more options come along.

I did, however, order the Invisible Shield yesterday to give that a shot. I never used those before but many seem to like them. I got the pre-order discount at 50% off so it seemed like a good time to try it out to me. Other than that I will just replace my housing if necessary.

I would recommend placing a screen protector over the display as soon as you get the phone. The 8900 does not have an additional plastic protector over the screen as the 83xx series did as part of the housing. What you see on the 8900 is the actual LCD so if you scratch that, you will not be a happy camper.
    was there a discount code or anything for the 50% off?
    01-27-09 09:52 AM
    Yes there was a code, but its expired now.
    01-27-09 11:48 AM
    yeah i work in a clothing store and i believe the womens clothing buyer is the only one in the business with a blackberry! we are allowed to have the phone on us but are "only supposed to use them on break." the only person who really cares is my boss though and its not a huge deal since i only text at work... although that can be a distraction since i work in customer service haha.
    hey smijes.. i hear ya im in retail also...
    01-27-09 02:02 PM
    What's a baller? Is it the new yuppie?
    01-27-09 02:16 PM
    Also getting the Zagg full body protection for my 8900, supposedly shipping sometime around the 27th according to their site. There is a promo code floating around somewhere to give you approx. 20% off your order.

I may look into an Otterbox later on, they are pure armor for your phone, but they make it real bulky. And one of the best things about the 8900 is the low weight and slim profile, so I dunno on the Otterbox just yet.
    The promo code is iphoneinca.
    01-27-09 02:34 PM
    has anyone got the shipping info for their zagg order?
    01-27-09 03:29 PM
    I use a pink Seidio Innocase on my 8330, which is also pink... It matches the color of the phone very well, which is something I like... Its a hard case, but it has a soft, "rubberized" feel to it so I always have a good grip when I am using it
    01-28-09 01:06 PM
    Also, its kind of pricey on their site... Runs for $30, but you can get them on eBay for way cheaper... I got mine, brand new, on eBay for $12 so I definitely dont have any complaints about that
    01-28-09 01:09 PM
218 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD