View Poll Results: My Curve is still in perfect condition, which is worth investing in?

Voters
48. You may not vote on this poll
  • Screen Protector

7 14.58%
  • Belt Clip

2 4.17%
  • Silicone Case

7 14.58%
  • Screen Protector AND Belt Clip

6 12.50%
  • Screen Protector AND Silicone Case

15 31.25%
  • Belt Clip AND Silicone Case

2 4.17%
  • All 3

7 14.58%
  • None

2 4.17%
04-03-09 08:02 AM
38 12
tools
    I have a curve and I normally carry it around in my pocket.
    I do not have a screen protector, I do not have a belt clip, I do not have a case, and it's still in perfect condition (only had this one for about 2 weeks).
    Should I invest in a case/screen protector/etc? If so, which?

Thanks for voting!
    03-31-09 12:49 AM
    Any screen proctector will do just fine. As far as a case it is all in personal opinion.
    You can look at seidio,or any other brand here on the crackberry store.
    It is personal opinion when it comes to what your berry looks like

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-31-09 12:51 AM
    that's true, just want to see where other people stand..maybe they can swing my vote..
    i haven't had a curve, i've had a world edition for very long and the condition didn't change too much..wanted to see what curve users had to say about the matter haha
    thanks for the input though
    03-31-09 12:52 AM
    Can't vote in this one as you left out full body protection such
    as the BSE or Invisible Shield from Zagg.

I have a clear case and a full BSE
    03-31-09 12:54 AM
    I chose the wrong one but anyhow I have a BSE and holster for my Berry while out and a silicone skin (tire tread looking thing) for when I am at home.

Still looking for a decent hard case that fits my taste...
    03-31-09 12:58 AM
    I'm real happy with my silicone skin, especially after my BBs fall the week before, fell onto my saddle tank and settled nicely without harm.

Oddly enough, I had my BB outa the case when I dropped it while servicing a trailer. Since it was light, I didn't feel the loss until I was 100 miles down the road. My Berry was safely on charge, and I was routed back through and stopped by the drop yard last night, and there it was, right where I dropped it, a nice imprint of the tire of the trailer I drove over it!

I used a wet-wipe and cleaned it off, didn't even damage the clip! So I saved the money for a new one, and the case rides on my waistband once more. Not bad for a $10 investment.

03-31-09 01:36 AM
    I want to get some protection for my bb. However, here in the UK i cannot find a silicone case or screen protectors? How rubbish is that? I don't know if i'm looking in all the wrong places but i've been in all the phone shops in town etc.
    03-31-09 01:40 AM
    screen protectors is not bad. Here in China, most phone users get screen protectors for their mobiles. What's more, it is not expensive.
    03-31-09 02:00 AM
    I'm seriously thinkin about the Otterbox...working in Law Enforcement...Its almost a GOOD tool to have for your berry

03-31-09 02:52 AM
    i never leave the house w/o protection. silicon and a screen protection. its almost like its double bagged and ribbed. (that went too far)
    03-31-09 03:27 AM
    The BB belt holster with sleeper magnet is fine for my needs, and the auto-sleep seems to improve battery life. It seems to provide adequate protection for the screen. If I was carrying the phone in my pocket I would want as minimum one of the slip cases (no clip) with the magnet to sleep the phone, to protect the phone from keys and cash, and prevent pocket dialling.

If I was working in a harsher environment I would probably follow Diesel984 to the Otterbox. For mostly office use where the phone lives on the desk I might prefer a silicone case.

Without knowing how the phone is used it is difficult to suggest which option is best for any particular user.
    03-31-09 03:41 AM
    I want to get some protection for my bb. However, here in the UK i cannot find a silicone case or screen protectors? How rubbish is that? I don't know if i'm looking in all the wrong places but i've been in all the phone shops in town etc.
    I had the same problem, went to eBay in the end and got what I needed
    03-31-09 04:50 AM
    If you want an OtterBox, hit me up. I have one I do not need.

If you want an OtterBox, hit me up. I have one I do not need.

03-31-09 05:23 AM
    Hm, I do like the silicone cases, but then I dont.. I HATE the screen covers, because they peal off to often.. So I just use the pocket case my phone came with, the leather one that just says blackberry. But ended up loosing it a few months back when staying at my cousins. And just now bought a new one off ebay, for only $3.99 and free shipping. Its great to use when your just putting it in your pocket, keeps your phone from getting scratched up. And right when you are done using it, just slide it back in.. I wish I would have never lost mine though, because right after was when I got a few scratches on it.. Wont have anymore though..
    03-31-09 05:36 AM
    Does anyone have an Otterbox knocking about?
    03-31-09 05:37 AM
    i was thinking about silicone cases but i got one for my girlfriend's iphone and after dust went between the case and the phone, the body got all scratched up..ever since, i was kind of paranoid about the whole silicone case thing..
    03-31-09 09:00 AM
    I like my Silicone Case just fine...matches my purple trackball!
    03-31-09 09:07 AM
    Check out Siedio products, they make some great cases, and most have the sleeper mag
    03-31-09 09:08 AM
    I'm definitely getting an otterbox for my 8830... There's no better protection out there, and the bulkiness isn't an issue for me

03-31-09 09:56 AM
    Get yourself a Best Skins Ever, Inc. Home Page and just take good care of it.

See my signature for pics.
    03-31-09 09:57 AM
    If it wasn't for my silicon case my curve would be a wreck- I am a huge klutz and drop it all the time (w/o exaggeration at least once a day). I will say I am going to buy the cheapie screen protectors- I have purchased several IS b/c I was switching phones quite a bit over the winter but the one I have had since December actually got nicked and looks bad- I am done paying for the $$ ones, I am sure the cheap ones will work just fine and won't cost me $20 every time I switch my phone out.
    03-31-09 10:01 AM
    I use OEM BB holsters and I keep a screen proctector on mine. I also have a BB silicone skin for those times when the holster will be a lil bulky

03-31-09 10:57 AM
    So yeah, a case is worth it

03-31-09 10:58 AM
    My phone was perfect until one day it did a flip out of my hand onto concrete. Next day bought screen protector and seidio II for the case. Happy ever since.
    03-31-09 11:36 AM
    Must haves include a screen protector and silicone case. FTW...
    03-31-09 01:11 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD