01-04-12 09:39 PM
30 12
tools
    I just got an Active case and charging pod for Christmas for my 9930. I've only used it a couple of days obviously, but it seems like if I don't position the phone just right in the cradle, while it has the case on, the charge points won't contact and it doesn't charge. Plus it can be easily jarred ever so slightly and loses contact.

It almost acts like the phone isn't heavy enough to put good pressure on the charge points, or that the case is preventing it from making a good contact.

Anyone else experienced this, and worked out a solution?
    12-28-11 03:59 PM
    I just got an Active case and charging pod for Christmas for my 9930. I've only used it a couple of days obviously, but it seems like if I don't position the phone just right in the cradle, while it has the case on, the charge points won't contact and it doesn't charge. Plus it can be easily jarred ever so slightly and loses contact.

It almost acts like the phone isn't heavy enough to put good pressure on the charge points, or that the case is preventing it from making a good contact.

Anyone else experienced this, and worked out a solution?
    Can one of you guys post pictures - Narci posted pics of the barely there case fit with the charging pod. I'd be curious to compare the two.
    12-28-11 05:06 PM
    I ordered the BB cradle and the Seidio cradle yesterday and just ordered the hard case tonight.
    12-28-11 08:46 PM
    Apart from the active & surface(neither of which I like) which cases work with the seidio cradle? Links to crackberry shop for the cases will be appreciated

Have my cousin coming down from the US so wanna order it. Will be a bummer if it doesn't work.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-01-12 10:03 PM
    I bought the 9000 holster and the blackberry hardshell together to work with my 9930 as recommended in the Crackberry store. I was disappointed with the result. Firstly, I didn't like the blackberry hardshell case because it made the phone sound cheap and plasticky when it's handled. I like things to feel solid and sturdy. Secondly, and more importantly, the phone doesn't quite fit in the 9000 holster with the hardshell on. It's just a bit too big, big enough that the holster flap magnet won't quite match up unless it's physically pushed down. Waste of money for me. I'm using the otterbox commuter case with the seidio active holster. That's the best combo I've found so far.
    01-04-12 09:39 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD