Is there any case for 9900 that works with the Blackberry OEM charging pod for 9900? I am looking in to this; Otterbox Commuter Series for BlackBerry Bold 9900/9930 - Black - CrackBerry Canada

But I am not sure if it will work with the charging pod. I wish Blackberry makes their charging pods with instructions to third party case makers on how to make a case to fit in there.

Is there any case that will work with the pod without removing it from the phone?
    08-22-11 09:25 AM
    unfortunately none that I've seen. Not otterbox, not blackberry branded.
    08-22-11 09:27 AM
    That's sad because there are many people (most of my friends) would love to have a good case for protection and use the phone as a clock.

Also my dad said his BlackBerry charging port was damaged because he kept plugging and unplugging every night and morning. Charging pod solve that issue by simply making a contact instead of inserting the USB pug.

Now I have to remove the case every time I charge. dam it!
    08-22-11 09:43 AM
    Charging pods are made to the exact dimensions of the phone it was made for. Adding a case changes the size of the device making it unable to fit into the pod.

I understand where you are coming from. I also love a case to protect my phone, but love the ability to just slap it in a pod when it needs a charge rather than plugging the cable in.
    08-22-11 09:46 AM
    Charging pods are made to the exact dimensions of the phone it was made for. Adding a case changes the size of the device making it unable to fit into the pod.

I understand where you are coming from. I also love a case to protect my phone, but love the ability to just slap it in a pod when it needs a charge rather than plugging the cable in.

Was(is) there any third party charging pod+case for phones like 9700, 9780 so on? If there was, then in near future we may see third party charging pod+case combination?
    08-22-11 09:49 AM
    There is a company (or two) making inductive charging mats (I think that's the right name for it) that allows you to put your phone down on a mat and it will charge completely wirelessly over night. You need a different battery cover to make it work however since the charging points are in the new battery cover. I'm unaware of any company that makes a charging mat that includes a full protective case however.

There is also a case that has a 2nd battery in it. I forget the name at this moment. However you still need to plug in the case to charge both batteries, but the frequency of you having to do that is reduced since you can use both batteries before you need to recharge.

Edit: The case is the Case-Mate Fuel Lite..
    Last edited by NetworkGuy; 08-22-11 at 09:57 AM.
    mssca likes this.
    08-22-11 09:55 AM
    i think case mate barely there for 9900 will be fit
    08-22-11 10:29 AM
    See when you buy a 3rd party apple dock then it comes with several inserts to suit the various iPods and itouch's....

So, RIM ought to make a charging dock and supply an 'insert' that a naked bold fits into, then sell on the 'pattern' to case makes who can then make a case/insert for dock that matches. Problem solved.

Now, where do I file that patent?

Lol

Steve
    08-22-11 10:49 AM
    When seidio starts making cases, expect them to come out with a dock that fits the case.

That said, i'm not terribly crazy about their docks.
    08-22-11 05:09 PM
    i think case mate barely there for 9900 will be fit
    i am very upset as i read on the bb forum that the case mate brely there case works with the charging pod.

i can confirm that the case does not fit in the pod and now i have to send this case back for a refund.

waste my time ahhhh.
    09-08-11 04:02 AM
    I have the case from Sprint. It looks like they designed the bottom to work with the charging pod. Anyone know?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-10-11 11:57 AM
    When seidio starts making cases, expect them to come out with a dock that fits the case.

That said, i'm not terribly crazy about their docks.
    Well I had one from Seidio for the 9530 which fit the case including extended life battery. The dock came with a little sleeve which allowed docking the phone with case and normal size battery as well.
    I'd really like to see that for the 9850. Right now the stock VZW (BB?) case does not fit into the charging dock, as everyone here has observed for other models.
    09-10-11 03:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD