My work gives me a phone, then the boss calls me in and gives me a lecture because the printout she gets every month shows too many personal calls. BS, I know. So now I'm going to get another phone (Blackberry) to use for personal use. I don't want to walk around with two phones because, well, I think it just looks stupid. I don't have much choice. Any advice on how I can make the best of this? I was thinking of a case that can hold two phones but I have yet to find one. I'm going to have to have both phones on me most of the time.

Any ideas?
    02-28-12 10:20 PM
    Get a Free Google voice number and point it to your work phone. Use that as your personal number. Download the Google voice app on your work device and make all outbound calls through the Google voice app. If you change jobs or devices you can easily point the Google number to another device.
    02-28-12 11:01 PM
    Did you talk to your boss and tell him you would pay for your personal calls or even split the phone bill with him? It would be cheaper than going with a new plan - for both of you.

At my work we get the monthly phone bill and go through it. I either pay 0.12 a minute for my personal calls or I pay the ratio of my personal calls to total calls of the bill (minus the data package - which they pay for completely). The reason they did this is because if a company gives you a company cell phone and you use it for personal use - you have to claim it as a fringe benefit for your income tax. Paying for your own minutes removes this hassle.
    02-29-12 06:58 AM
    Search online for the PearPeel case for two mobile phones - for luxury leather cases that can hold two BlackBerrys or other handsets...
    11-20-14 01:37 AM