hey guys im going away for the weekend and will be spending alot of time at the beach, problem is i have alot of work to get done so im gonna need to get a good case to protect my Bold. any suggestions ?
    08-20-09 11:56 AM
    hey guys im going away for the weekend and will be spending alot of time at the beach, problem is i have alot of work to get done so im gonna need to get a good case to protect my Bold. any suggestions ?
    otterbox defender is your best bet! only thing not protected is trackball for function reasons but ive got one on mine for a while now and in my opinion you wont get better protection with anything else!(ive tried quite a few in my day)
    08-20-09 12:04 PM
    A zip lock baggy! Keeps the sand and water out.
    08-20-09 01:14 PM
    A zip lock baggy! Keeps the sand and water out.
    Dang, that's what I was going to say! You can get the snack bag size with the double zipper, works the best. Keeps the sand out. I went once without it and got sand everywhere inside, outside, caked in the screen edges. I didn't even drop it in the sand, just from the wind blowing sand around.
    08-20-09 01:39 PM
    Leave it in the car with the air conditioning on. Trust me.

In all seriousness, I would never take my Blackberry so close to water and sand.
    08-20-09 01:43 PM
    When I go to the beach I use my 8310. But a ziplock bag works as well.
    08-20-09 01:44 PM
    I use a ziploc bag, its cheap and easy to replace.
    08-20-09 01:48 PM
    +1 on the ziplock bag. Sandwich size. Keep it in the shade, too, under an umbrella or beneath a towel or shirt in a beach bag.
    08-20-09 01:54 PM
    Some years ago, I dropped my cell phone on the sand, far from any water. When I found it a half hour later the phone would no longer power on because of all the sand everywhere. Battery change didn't help either. You don't want to repeat my mistake.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-20-09 02:06 PM
    +1,000,000 on the ziplock back! I discovered this little caveat after a trip to the beach, I was no where near the water with the phone, I had it in a sock, inside a shoe, under folder clothes under a towel covering the whole thing, went to leave and the phone had sand everywhere!!!!!!
    After that I decided to put it in a ziplock, phone works fine, can make phone calls and everything

08-20-09 02:13 PM
    LOL What is a ziplock back?

08-20-09 02:23 PM
    Case of Shiner
    08-20-09 02:25 PM
    In the car.
    08-20-09 05:51 PM
    I use Aquapack bag - think is similar to ziplock...

Waterproof Phone and GPS cases
    08-21-09 12:06 PM
    I use Aquapack bag - think is similar to ziplock...

Waterproof Phone and GPS cases
    Did click on that link. They offer 'Dessicant sachets' - we all should have a bunch those on hand for those accidental toilet dunks!
    08-21-09 02:57 PM
    Since everyone's already made suggestions I'd just like to say I'm glad I don't got on trips with you, Mr Workaholic.

08-21-09 03:08 PM
    thanks for the response guys!
    08-23-09 11:04 AM
    i just spent 10 days in FL on the beach every day. I have the otterbox defender (case) on by bb curve. it worked great! no sand in the device and no worrys when the beach spray hit the phone!
    just to be extra save it put a piece of tape over the speaker slots and the microphone spot just ensure sand did not get into the device. I worked for 5-6 hours a day (mostly emails and web access) each day while on vacation and the otterbox case was excellent!!! no complaints here, the case does bulk up the phone but i am pretty hard on my bb (lots of use in extreme situations), i have dropped the phone endless times, went to the beach, gotten it wet (don't suggest doing so) and the otterbox defender worked great. you'll get used to the bulk of the case.
    08-23-09 11:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD