Hey guys.

So I originally got the commuter case from everything4blackberry.com

But true to SOME negative reviews... the plate for the top (slider) portion of the blackberry did not survive one moderate fall.. and will no longer stay clipped on. There goes 30(ish) bucks.

I'm no 16 year old who drops things at a club with a fake id.. I'm a responsible student.. but every once in a while **** happens.

A friend of mine had a cool looking 'gel'-type case he said he bought at the mall for 12$ (should have been my first clue) so I got one.

NONE of the smart buttons (mute, lock, side smart key) work with it.. so there goes that solution. It also affects my keyboard in an odd way.. for instance I cannot accomplish the alt+lg+lg clear thing with it on./ despite alt and the l/g keys working.

SO my quesiton: I'm willing to spend some coin.. but I need a GOOD DURABLE CASE that is NOT TOO bulky and might have SOME aesthetic value... also one where the TOP portion (or any) wont BREAK in a fall.

I see some other threads on this but they don't even mention trying any other cases.

Help would be greatly appreciated.

Also.. I was going to buy 'oem body glove snap on' case from everything4bb.com Simply because I'm impatient and I know they ship fast.. but the I'd rather ask around first so if you suggest something please elaborate on where/how I can pick it up

thx! <3
    06-04-11 01:22 PM
    I think you might be better off getting a holster for it.

I've got a Torch case that sounds similar to your's but from Future Shop. I've dropped my Torch a couple of times but the case actually protected it pretty good and I also keep in in a holster (I know, probably OCD of me). The slider part is a little loose and I took it off because my finger kept hitting the edge of it and it started to bug me. I kept the back of it on and that seems to be enough.

The other thing I got for it and I'm hoping to find it for my PB is the Invisishield for the screen. It's the best thing for it. I got for free from Future Shop when I first got my Torch, but it really protects your screen from scratches and stuff.
    06-04-11 01:47 PM
    Thx for the reply.

I use a holster when I work (store calls meetings etc) but not when on campus or out @ bars etc etc.

I don't want to be a holster rat all the time heh.
    06-04-11 01:48 PM
    The maker of my case is called Case mate. It's a gunmetal silver so it actually blends nicely with the trim around the slider part. The back is showing some minor scuffs and scratched but am happy with how i't protected my Torch.

I think it comes in black as well. There might be other colours now, haven't checked it recently.

However definitely get the screen protector for your phone if you haven't done it. It's slightly, ever slightly tacky to the touch, but it makes using the touch screen easier cuz your fingers aren't sliding around so much.

I understand what you mean by holster. Mine is in a holster cuz it's easier to fish it out of my bag but I hate clipping it onto my pants/belts. I always feel kind of awkward and weird with it.
    06-04-11 04:50 PM
    Firstly, this should have been posted in the torch forum, or the accessories forum.

Secondly, you must have not searched too long, as there are already 10's of threads about cases for the 9800...

At any rate, I would suggest the AGF GRT case... Back is black, front is gun-metal colored (plastic)

The big advantage about this case is it has it's own rail system, and therefore does not clip to the device, but rather to itself. It is very solid, (adds a bit of bulk), and looks great...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-06-11 08:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD