So I just got the Case Mate Barely There case and It's a good case but I have changed my perspectives on what I want from my case. At first, I got this so that it will work with my dock. However, it does not charge when docked. Then I decided that I rather have a case that gives it more protection.

So I am asking for suggestions for cases that fit the follow criterias:
    1. Fairly thin and not too bulky
    2. Soft texture (I had a case before that felt like gel and it felt comfortable to use or maybe a leather case)
    3. Decent protection (This case doesn't protect the top, bottom, or front)

I've looked but just am not sure about the texture of the cases such as Otterbox Commuter or the Case Mate Tough Case.

Thanks in advance!
    10-02-11 02:11 PM
    Check out the BlackBerry branded soft shell case. It meets all the criteria you're looking for.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    10-02-11 02:36 PM
    Check out the BlackBerry branded soft shell case. It meets all the criteria you're looking for.

I use the OEM soft shell and it is a very good case for the money it costs.

I am also currently waiting on the OEM hard shell after reading good reviews of it.
    10-02-11 03:23 PM

Could not agree more. It fits the 9930 like a glove but is very easy to remove for dock charging. And it's pretty thin while still being protective.
    10-02-11 03:25 PM
    Verizon hardshell/holster combo for sure. 30 bucks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-02-11 04:27 PM
    Thanks for the suggestions but those two cases aren't quite what I am looking for. Anyone else have other suggestions? Thanks!

Edit: Oh and to clarify, when I say gel I do not mean the ones that feel like TPU. I personally don't think those feel too good on the hands. Thanks!
    Last edited by m0c21; 10-02-11 at 06:19 PM.
    10-02-11 06:17 PM
    I'm really diggin the Seidio case right now. Has an awesome feel to it.

Check it out.
    10-02-11 06:24 PM
    OtterBox Commuter the Best!
    10-02-11 06:41 PM
    OtterBox Commuter the Best!
    Totally!!!

10-02-11 06:46 PM
    Never used a case or screen protector and never will...call me a rebel..lol Just waiting for a clip-in case from Seidio for a naked 9930 and I'll be happy.
    10-02-11 07:20 PM
    Use the pouch the phone comes with, people always advertise and argue how thin and sexy their phone is then they throw on a inch of otterbox plastic... What's in ure pockets people? I have no case just a 2 dollar screen protector I got on ebay its very thin and if my phone gets scratched ill buy a new housing for 5 bucks on ebay big deal.

10-02-11 07:26 PM
    I would get an otterbox commuter they do have great cases but it may not be for you.
    10-02-11 08:02 PM
    OEM hard shell case looks pretty sexy

10-02-11 08:34 PM
    The case-mate barely there case does work with the dock. I charge on it everyday.
    10-02-11 09:13 PM
    The case-mate barely there case does work with the dock. I charge on it everyday.
    Trust me, it did not work. Search the forums and you will see that others are reporting that it works with some docks and not others. (even though they are all bb oem docks)

Edit: Maybe I'll just go buy another dock but try it out in stores to make sure it works so I can do what I originally planned to do.
    Last edited by m0c21; 10-02-11 at 09:41 PM.
    tecal4 likes this.
    10-02-11 09:38 PM
    Trust me, it did not work. Search the forums and you will see that others are reporting that it works with some docks and not others. (even though they are all bb oem docks)

Edit: Maybe I'll just go buy another dock but try it out in stores to make sure it works so I can do what I originally planned to do.

This doesn't make much sense, since the phone, dock, and case we all have are of the same dimension. Have you really tried positioning it in every single way possible? Because it can really be difficult to get it to charge...
    10-03-11 12:24 AM
    Yes I have tried every single possible position. I even carved the crap out of my dock to the trashcan. It worked after craving it until the metal triangle prong broke.

P.S. The dock is hollow on the inside.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...64/index3.html

greggebhardt:
    "I have tried and they do NOT work with the cradle. Mine is being returned as the cradle is important to me."

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...64/index6.html
    ilguy
    "I bought a case-mate barely there for my 9930 since it was suppose to work in the charging pod. I have two of the OEM pods, one at my office and one at my house. Works fine at my home but makes the blackberry a little tippy. Does not charge at all using the pod at my office. I've tried adjusting the pins, etc and no go.

If you're case-mate works with your charging pod, you are lucky. If it doesn't you aren't crazy!"
    Last edited by m0c21; 10-03-11 at 01:35 AM.
    10-03-11 01:33 AM
    Anyone happen to have any experience with either of these lines? Thanks!

Amzer Go
    Amzer Go Case For BlackBerry Bold 9930,BlackBerry Bold 9900

Body Glove Flex
    Body Glove Flex Snap-on Case - Black For BlackBerry Bold 9930,BlackBerry Bold 9900
    10-03-11 02:56 AM
    Since I found the answer myself by buying a new dock and a new case, I thought I share my discovery so others don't have to make the same mistake that I did.

I now have both the brushed aluminum and the solid white case-mate barely there cases. The solid color one fits much tighter and does charge on the OEM dock. The brushed aluminum one does not. Hope this helps someone.
    10-11-11 10:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD