I'm in the process of getting a new case for my storm, but really can't decide between a couple of choices:

BodyBlove Snap on hard case-I like the hard case design, as well as the clips ability to prop your Storm up in various positions.
    Body Glove | 2009

Case-Mate Smart Skin Case-I'm not one for the silicone cases, but from what I've read, this one is allot sturdier and covers the screen gaps that are prone to letting in dust.
    Smart Skin BlackBerry Storm Cases

Incipio SILICRYLIC Case-I like it's sturdy design... but it would be a pain in the fanny to take apart every time you need to do a battery pull.
    Cases and Accessories - SILICRYLIC Silicone Crystal Case for BlackBerry Storm 9530 - White

Any idea which one you would go with? And why?

Thanks.
    04-08-09 01:09 PM
    I guess no one has anything to add then.
    04-08-09 08:18 PM
    I have the incipio case and it is a great design it protects the phone from falls it has the benefit of silicone and the hard case which makes it nice. I haven't yet done a battery pull so idk how hard it is to take off, but we will find out soon I'm sure. Let me know if you hav any questions about it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-09-09 06:12 PM
    Hi,

I was wondering getting the Incipio silicrylic case for my STORM and has two questions. How does it feel in the pocket, is it very bulky or annoying? And for anyone with the white case, does the case get dirty fast? Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by rmt5034; 04-12-09 at 05:15 PM.
    04-12-09 02:01 PM
    I don't know about the other two, but I've never had any luck with Body Glove! Not well made, IMO.
    04-12-09 02:17 PM
    I fitted/use a Silicone case.

I find it stops the Storm being bulky(er), is easy to remove for cleaning and due to being rubbery, stops the phone sliding around on car dashboards etc.
    04-13-09 04:05 PM
    I have to say this topic really matters on what type of person you are. I personally hate Silicone cases. And I said personally so put the torches away.

Silicone Cases: Tend to be flimsy, stretch over time, attract and collect dust, and the grip added feel is good for when in your hand, but when in your pocket it makes it hard for me to get my phone out and sometimes have to use 2 hands, one to hold my pocket and the other to pull my phone. The Storm already has dust under the screen issues, I dont need something to attract MORE dust.

Acrylic cases depending on the manufacturer for example the ones at Verizon stores in color and clear feel cheap and scratch the phone over time. You drop your phone and that case will break, and the texture of the case is just not me. My phone does not need added bling anyways. Imagine pulling your phone out in the middle of a meeting with that case on. lol

I have owned a lot of cases and have found myself to be quite happy with the Seidio Innocase II with the Holster combo. Sometimes I use the holster sometimes I don't, depending on my attire that day. The case has a nice rubbery-grippy feel to it but not enough to give you a hard time getting it our of your pocket. Feels solid, the new way the case closes no longer makes me feel like it will split open and expose my phone if dropped. The interior is padded and has not added any scratches to my phone. It does not add much bulk to the Storm which is a plus. With the case on the phone my Storm is still something I can put in my pocket and go on about my day without looking like I'm smuggling bricks (not a reference to drugs, lol). I'm not a fan of chrome, which for me was another bonus for this case, it covers the side rails and still gives me full access to all of my buttons and my screen. I do not have issues clicking anywhere on my screen with this case on. I hope that when I get the Niagara a case will be built for it with the same pros I have listed above. It will be a perfect match.

Whoops almost forgot for anyone who might have some questions on the Holster. It is simply one of the best one I have owned for my phone. The Holster feels very secure as it wraps AROUND the top of the case then has a piece of rubber where the clips meets the back of the case to keep it from scratching it. It is a spring loaded clip so it stays on the case very nicely. It works with the Blackberry's sleep function because it has a magnet and is also padded where the face of the phone would rest.

I hope my post helps you and Happy Monday everyone!!!!

Last edited by azboricua; 04-13-09 at 06:56 PM.
    04-13-09 06:42 PM
    I would DEF. recomed checking out BlackBerry Storm Defender Case // OtterBox.com . Here is brief list of it's properties:
    Compatability/Features:
    BlackBerry Storm (9500S)
    3 LAYERS OF PROTECTION!
    First, a clear membrane that protects the SurePress touch screen
    Second, a hi-impact Polycarbonate shell
    Lastly, a Silicone skin to absorb bump and shock
    Dimensions (case only): 4.76" x 2.80" x 0.90"
    Weight (case only): 2.86 oz.

Notes: Case NOT protected against water. Will provide some added protection against drop, bump and dust. NOT intended for protection against water intrusion.
    04-14-09 02:01 PM
    I personally have 3 cases. A standard BB silicone which is good to just add color and a grip. I also have a plastic snap-on which I got with the package upon purchase. It is great for gripping the phone while texting.
    I would support the Body Glove, and I rock it from time to time. My only word of advice is to be cautious if you do a lot of pulls. The thing is a monster to get off. After you loosen it up that little bit it's not so bad, but that first time....it's a project.
    08-04-09 04:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD