So I got my Torch about 3 weeks ago and bought a case and screen protector the same day (I'm pretty crazy about keeping my phone in perfect condition, you should've seen my 8310 after 2 years... Almost perfect ; ). Well I took the case off yesterday and saw that the front faceplate of the case has scratched the s**t out of my phone. Needless to say I'm pissed. Has anyone else had this happen?? I'm using a Case-Mate plain black case. Also, I want to bring the phone back and get a new one, anyone know if that'll work?? It's within the 30 days return period through At&t. Thanks!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-29-10 11:28 AM
    I would think the case manufacturer would be responsible. If the carrier replaces it because of the 30 day period it wold surprise me. Sorry about the scratches, I am the same way about my phone and guitars.
    09-29-10 11:32 AM
    My Torch and 9700 have and went commando. Why hide a great looking device?
    09-29-10 11:49 AM
    I agree. I'm styling my Torch barednekkid. I had a hardcase on my Bold and was peeved to find my BB all scratched

09-29-10 12:53 PM
    I'm assuming you purchased through ATT??

I imagine they would not replace the phone because of the scratches from the case unless you bought the case at the ATT store and THEY installed it... even then it would be a stretch to think they would.

But... if you are within your 30 day period... just complain about the slider or the buttons or something else and they will likely replace it.

When I was in our local ATT store over the weekend for my wife's phone, someone came in with a Torch and I overheard the conversation. (being the nosy Torch owner I am) The guy said he just didn't like the way his worked and they went in the back and brought out a new one and exchanged it... no questions asked. I though that was pretty sweet service!
    09-29-10 03:08 PM
    If a phone ever needed a case, it is the i4. It is so sterile looking. Minimalist style at best.
    09-29-10 05:26 PM
    On my 9700, my otterbox defender scratched the heck out of the top of the device...
    09-29-10 06:20 PM
    I had the Otterbox on mine since day one and it scratched my top bezel. Now I just go caseless.
    09-29-10 06:24 PM
    I use mine naked and store it in a Storm 2 factory leather sleeve. Keeps it like brand new.

09-29-10 06:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD