I received another case last week that I ordered from Amazon for my 8130, the "Smokey Smoke Transparent Clear Hard Case Cover Protective Snap-on for Rim Blackberry 8130 Pearl PDA" here = Amazon.com: Smokey Smoke Transparent Clear Hard Case Cover Protective Snap-on for Rim Blackberry 8130 Pearl PDA: Cell Phones & Service

At $3.95 I was originally impressed by the case (finally a fair price for a simple little piece of plastic!), it is a hard dark-tinted case that adds only about 1mm to the thickness of the phone. It definitely provides basic protection although I wish it also covered the screen.

After a few days of having it on, however, enough dust/debris had collected that I was annoyed and wanted to take off the case to clean the phone-no easy feat-the case is almost impossible to get off of the phone without breaking it!

Variously trying a knife, screwdriver, etc. to remove the case, I eventually got it off fine & was able to wipe off the inside of the case and the phone and it snapped right back on in 2 seconds w/o any problems...2 days later, more dust/debris and another cleaning session...3rd time one of the little plastic hinges snapped and the case is toast!

I was much more satisfied with this case than the rubber 'skins' that never seem to stay on the phone (or don't feel like they will anyways) and which are impossible to slide into a pocket...but in the end it was way too annoying to have debris accumulating and this case definitely required regular cleaning that I didn't even have to do with no case at all.

In the end I'm pretty annoyed at the cheap cases now that I've been through 3 or 4 in 2 weeks time, and I'm now looking into more expensive cases, maybe even one of those otterboxes..
    03-04-08 09:33 AM
    The age-old addage is true: you get what you pay for.
    Not that some deals aren't good quality products, just in general.
    03-04-08 09:45 AM
    Seidio Slim Hybrid Rocks!!!
    03-04-08 09:50 AM
    I imagine that is the case with any hard case. Even the invisible shield I use attracts small debris.

I am thinking of getting one of those otterboxes this summer. I think it will be needed when I go camping and floating.

The nice thing about the invisible shield is it's, well, invisible and I'm sure it will fit inside those hard cases.
    03-04-08 11:17 AM
    Seidio Slim Hybrid Rocks!!!
    Second that, just got mine yesterday
    03-04-08 01:05 PM
    03-04-08 01:05 PM
    duct tape.
    03-04-08 02:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD