i am gonna get a storm 2 soon. i'd like some recommendations on a case. i want one thats reasonably priced, but protects the phone well from drops etc.
    Thanks!!!
    03-02-10 06:17 PM
    That's like asking, "should I were boxers or briefs;" EVERYBODY has an opinion, but in the end, it is what you prefer. Do a search on cases and you will read a few hundred suggestions!

PS - Welcome to the Storm2 fold...it is an outstanding phone.
    03-02-10 06:22 PM
    Epik resin does it for me.
    03-02-10 06:24 PM
    Otter Box Commuter...about $20 if you shop around. I got mine from Newegg and it's the second time I've used the Commuter case. They're awesome! If you want one that's more slim and doesn't have the rubber padding, the Incipio Feather is also great. Or at the other extreme is the Otter Box Defender if you really plan on beating on your phone. Personally, I think the Commuter is a perfect compromise. It has the padding, but it's not too bulky.
    03-02-10 06:24 PM
    I like the one that is sold at the Verizon store thats a hard silicone bcuz it hugs the storm 2 very well and is good against the drops. I just wish there was a better color bsides the teal blue or dark purple thats offered....maybe a pencil grey would b nice

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-02-10 06:25 PM
    Epic case for me
    03-02-10 06:28 PM
    Case-Mate Barely There here!!!
    03-02-10 06:29 PM
    There's probably about 50 threads on this exact same topic, but I'd recommend the OtterBox Defender.
    03-02-10 06:33 PM
    Just curious if anyone knows any type case that works with the BlackBerry Charging Pod? Any out there that allow you to keep the case/skin on and still use the charging pod? Thanks.
    03-02-10 06:49 PM
    Otter all the way. Have tried many, many cases they all either break or don't protect enough.
    03-02-10 07:10 PM
    Just curious if anyone knows any type case that works with the BlackBerry Charging Pod? Any out there that allow you to keep the case/skin on and still use the charging pod? Thanks.
    Seidio makes a charging pod that works with cases. You have to take off whatever case you have to use the blackberry one
    03-02-10 08:04 PM
    Otterbox commuter case all the way. Lightweight case that doesn't compromise the point of buying a case... To protect your phone. That's what I use.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    03-02-10 08:14 PM
    Can't beat the Epik Resin case for price, looks, or quality. Can be purchased in eBay for about $5 shipped from Hong Kong or from a CB member at www.Degasis.net - Authorized Dealer of Epik Case Products for Smartphones - Blackberry Iphone Etc. for about $8 shipped from the USA.

No screen protector necessary but I use a $5 cheapy I bought from eBay for the fingerprint resistance and anti-glare properties.

03-02-10 08:20 PM
    body glove case for me, its great!
    03-02-10 09:33 PM
    Can't beat the Epik Resin case for price, looks, or quality. Can be purchased in eBay for about $5 shipped from Hong Kong or from a CB member at www.Degasis.net - Authorized Dealer of Epik Case Products for Smartphones - Blackberry Iphone Etc. for about $8 shipped from the USA.

No screen protector necessary but I use a $5 cheapy I bought from eBay for the fingerprint resistance and anti-glare properties.

Nothing personal, but I bought this thing and it lasted about 2 considerable hard drops before it broke. Not very happy. Then again I work in some tough enviroments.
    03-02-10 09:46 PM
    I like the one that is sold at the Verizon store thats a hard silicone bcuz it hugs the storm 2 very well and is good against the drops. I just wish there was a better color bsides the teal blue or dark purple thats offered....maybe a pencil grey would b nice

I too like the case at Verizon, I bought the purple one, and on eBay I found this -

1 Hard Skin Silicon Cover Case Blackberry Storm 2 9550 - eBay (item 320483431910 end time Mar-04-10 20:31:03 PST)

idk if it's the same brand or whatnot, but it's more or less the same thing. Tons of colors. I ordered a hot pink one.

03-02-10 11:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD