just got my bold today. it came with a fairly nice leather case that clips onto your belt... but that's kind of dorky.

i'm looking for something that you can't really see (there are so many sweet cases for the iphone). does anyone have any recommendations?

a quick google search revealed this one: Blackberry Source.com - BodyGuardz for BlackBerry Bold

anyone have any experience with that? i can't post the actual URL because i don't have 10 posts, but if you paste that into a google search, the first hit is what i'm talking about...
    12-15-08 09:29 PM
    bump. anyone?
    12-16-08 06:50 AM
    Hmmm well i was under the impression that the Bodyguardz was a skin, not really a case

Exactly what are you after??..is it a leather case or just a skin to protect your device from scratches etc??. Because if its a skin then Bodyguardz, Invisble shield amongst many others are your best bets. If its a leather case your wanting then i myself use the official RIM pouch and it does a pretty good job of keeping my Bold safe...not exactly the easiest to get the phone out ie its a tight fit but at least i know my Bold is well protected.
    12-16-08 06:58 AM
    bump bump bump
    12-16-08 11:36 PM
    you could also get a skin for it and then it would be a bit protected if you placed it in a pocket but me i like the OEM holdster and for the safety of my BOLD i would do and wear what i had to keep it safe .
    and i agree the pocket is nnice but too tight .
    12-17-08 01:21 AM
    Hmmm well i was under the impression that the Bodyguardz was a skin, not really a case

Exactly what are you after??..is it a leather case or just a skin to protect your device from scratches etc??. Because if its a skin then Bodyguardz, Invisble shield amongst many others are your best bets. If its a leather case your wanting then i myself use the official RIM pouch and it does a pretty good job of keeping my Bold safe...not exactly the easiest to get the phone out ie its a tight fit but at least i know my Bold is well protected.
    i'm after a skin to protect the bold from scratches. the leather pouch that came with the device is nice and protects it, but i refuse to hang that dorky thing from my belt and it's way too bulky in my pocket.

i used to keep my curve in my pocket, but after a year or so it looked like it had survived chernobyl.

i figure a skin + putting the bold in a pocket (and having it be the ONLY thing in the pocket, no keys!) ought to be enough to keep it safe...
    12-18-08 10:27 AM
    I also don't like the bulky belt pouch that comes OEM with the Bold. I bit the bullet (ouch) and paid the $29.99 for a 3 pack of AT&T skins at a retail store and they are working nicely. I heard there was a site called wirelesscloseouts.com that was really cheap on those but haven't had a chance to investigate...
    12-18-08 10:31 AM
    just got my bold today. it came with a fairly nice leather case that clips onto your belt... but that's kind of dorky.

i'm looking for something that you can't really see (there are so many sweet cases for the iphone). does anyone have any recommendations?

a quick google search revealed this one: Blackberry Source.com - BodyGuardz for BlackBerry Bold

anyone have any experience with that? i can't post the actual URL because i don't have 10 posts, but if you paste that into a google search, the first hit is what i'm talking about...
    personally, i like the case that comes with the bold. pair that with "invisible SHEILD" by ZAGG and youre good to go.
    12-18-08 02:21 PM
    I had belt holsters for years with my winmo phones and they do look dorky.
    The bold has a screen protector and a silicone skin - low cost and protects it enough to keep it in my pocket.
    The skins offer loads more grip, I can even leave it on the dashboard and not have it budge when I turn corners. Dead easy to get it on and off the bold when I want to mount it in the car holster.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-18-08 03:03 PM
    I use the BlackBerry-made silicone skin with the Sedio holster that's made for the Sedio Inno Case.
    12-18-08 04:09 PM
    I use the BlackBerry-made silicone skin with the Sedio holster that's made for the Sedio Inno Case.
    Are you using that pair? Does it work? I am really interested in the Innocase holster, but I still want to use it with the silicon case (cheaper than the Innocase)
    12-18-08 04:43 PM
    Are you using that pair? Does it work? I am really interested in the Innocase holster, but I still want to use it with the silicon case (cheaper than the Innocase)
    Yes, I use them together. I originally had that setup for my Curve and liked it, so when I got my Bold I got the Bold Silicone and the innocase holster and it works fine.

12-18-08 05:46 PM
    Yes, I use them together. I originally had that setup for my Curve and liked it, so when I got my Bold I got the Bold Silicone and the innocase holster and it works fine.

Hehe , thanks a ton for your confirm. I am gonna to buy that holster ^___^
    12-18-08 06:05 PM
    You're welcome!

12-18-08 06:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD