06-11-09 02:02 PM
28 12
tools
    Hello everyone! I just made the jump into the BlackBerry world, and I am liking it so far. I have had my Storm for a week now. I installed the Zagg invisibleSHIELD on my Storm last night (man that was a pain), but I would still like to have some sort of case for added protection. What case would the more experienced Storm users recommend? I have heard that the otterbox is supposed to be the toughest one out there, but there are issues with pressing the screen near the edge. Anyone use the otterbox case without this problem? Should I go for a hard case, or would a silicon sleeve be ok?

Also, did anyone else using the Zagg invisibleSHIELD have trouble getting the screen protector part on? As careful as I was at putting it on, it still has a few bubbles and is kind of wavey. It really doesn't look good. Will it smooth itself out, or should I peel it off and use another screen protector?

Thanks for the help.
    06-04-09 10:37 AM
    I use the hard cases from verizon. They gave me them when I got my storms. Also have the holsters that work with it. No problems.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-04-09 10:41 AM
    I also have the ZAGG invisishield. I have 2 cases the I change back and forth from depending on what I am doing. I have the Otter box defender, the new version doesnt have the issues with not being able to click the screen on the sides, it is very bulky though. I also have a VAJA case, kinda expensive but looks really nice and protects the phone pretty well. I am sure there are other cases out there that people can recommend to you but these 2 are the only ones I have used and both protect the phone very well
    06-04-09 10:43 AM
    i myself am using a hard case with an ed hardy design and holster to go with it...looks pretty cool and feel protected at the same time
    06-04-09 10:44 AM
    seidio innacase 360,works great,great protection.
    06-04-09 11:15 AM
    I also have the ZAGG invisishield. I have 2 cases the I change back and forth from depending on what I am doing. I have the Otter box defender, the new version doesnt have the issues with not being able to click the screen on the sides, it is very bulky though. I also have a VAJA case, kinda expensive but looks really nice and protects the phone pretty well. I am sure there are other cases out there that people can recommend to you but these 2 are the only ones I have used and both protect the phone very well
    Is the Otter box too bulky to fit comfortably in my pocket? I don't like the idea of wearing a belt clip. Did you have trouble getting the screen part of the invisibleshield on?

I should have mentioned this in my original post, but I prefer to carry my Storm in my pocket. Whatever case I get will have to work for this.
    Last edited by chiggin; 06-04-09 at 11:37 AM.
    06-04-09 11:35 AM
    Why not just let your Storm go naked?

I do, and haven't had any issues with scratches or anything.

Though, if you are prone to dropping things, I can see why having a hard case would be a good idea.
    06-04-09 11:45 AM
    I use the silicone skins in different colors. no scratches thus far.
    06-04-09 11:55 AM
    I use the seido innocase 1 it works great. It covers all your phone except the screen. I have dropped my phone a couple of times getting out of my car and my storm is still going strong.
    Have you seen the youtube video where the guy uses knives and keys and trys to scratch the storm screen? I dont know why anyone would use any kind of protector as the screen wont scratch.
    Anyway that is my two cents!
    I would Highly recommend the Seidio Innocase II, as long as you don't do hardcore stuff with your phone you should be alright.

One thing to keep in mind is that some cases won't fit your phone properly because you have the invisible shield on.
    I use the otterbox and case mate skin. I also have a screen protector on my storm screen and my otterbox works well with it.

As for putting a otterbox covered storm to your pocket; No. Coat pocket; Yes.
    06-04-09 11:59 AM
    Here's another choice.

I have a holster of theirs and it's super-tough. You can get one as a 'pouch' or a holster. You aren't likely to see one in a crowd of Storm owners either.
    06-04-09 03:06 PM
    I use the seido innocase 1 it works great. It covers all your phone except the screen. I have dropped my phone a couple of times getting out of my car and my storm is still going strong.
    Have you seen the youtube video where the guy uses knives and keys and trys to scratch the storm screen? I dont know why anyone would use any kind of protector as the screen wont scratch.
    Anyway that is my two cents!
    Link please?
    06-04-09 03:10 PM
    I use the leather holster

Classy and protective

06-04-09 03:22 PM
    I've always avoided cases/skins (they tend to fit awkwardly in my pockets) until I found this. Check it out. Good Protection, slim fit, and from what I've read on here, a Lifetime Guarantee.
    06-04-09 03:24 PM
    Hello everyone! I just made the jump into the BlackBerry world, and I am liking it so far. I have had my Storm for a week now. I installed the Zagg invisibleSHIELD on my Storm last night (man that was a pain), but I would still like to have some sort of case for added protection. What case would the more experienced Storm users recommend? I have heard that the otterbox is supposed to be the toughest one out there, but there are issues with pressing the screen near the edge. Anyone use the otterbox case without this problem? Should I go for a hard case, or would a silicon sleeve be ok?

Also, did anyone else using the Zagg invisibleSHIELD have trouble getting the screen protector part on? As careful as I was at putting it on, it still has a few bubbles and is kind of wavey. It really doesn't look good. Will it smooth itself out, or should I peel it off and use another screen protector?

Thanks for the help.
    Consider using no case. I stow my storm in a hip pocket. The screen is glass and is not going to scratch.

06-04-09 03:28 PM
    I use the verizon brand screen protector.
    I have a leather holster for the curve that the storm fits in but now that I have the new version of the Otter box Defender I have grown to feel quite safe with it and the storm has stayed in it for almost a month now. My friend dropped their storm on the cement getting out of the car a few weeks ago and broke off a chunk of the chrome trim
    I think I could drop mine off a roof without damage!
    06-04-09 03:33 PM
    06-04-09 04:07 PM
    I use the innocase II with a screen protector of some sort. Got a 3 pack from verizon. Been using it for about a month now like that.

I chose the seidio because I had used their products before and have always found them to be top quality.
    06-04-09 04:44 PM
    I recently went to the innocase 360, with the verizon screen protector. The only problem I had with the 360, is that is comes with a built in screen protector and if you have one already installed on it, it gets moisture between them. I just removed the 360 screen protector and it works great. Covers everything awesome.
    06-04-09 04:49 PM
    See my sig. I love both of them.
    06-04-09 05:10 PM
    Hello world

I use the otterbox for my storm and I have not experienced any lag or trouble touching anywhere on the screen. It is pretty bulky though, as I have read elsewhere, "it makes what is supposed to be a sleek sexy device into a brick on my hip". I can attest to this it is true, but I need the added protection as I am a garbageman and it gets rough and dusty riding in that truck. Also, the 3.5mm jack for headphones is recessed and is too small for the jack on my pc speakers, no biggie. In a nut shell, I would recommend the otterbox to anyone with a job or situation that may compromise the safety of your BB!

Cheers! Hope this helps.

*(LibransuN)*
    9530/4.7.0.148
    pin:3069CF6B

06-04-09 05:40 PM
    I use the Otterbox Defender as well. Not quite pocket carry, unless you are doing the cargo pant thing. I work in the dirt, dust grime and weather. When I remove my Storm it looks as good as the day it went in.

Just my $0.02
    06-04-09 07:04 PM
    I've got the hard shell that they sell at Verizon, the one with the chrome front and "rubberized" back. I don't recommend it. With the holster that they sell at Verizon that fits around it, whenever I get into my truck, it gets tapped by the seat belt buckle and comes out of the holster, slipping between the seats.

BTW, found out the hard way that you should take off the phone and set it (far) off to the side when applying bug spray as the alcohol eats the rubberized backing It looks pretty funny now, with half the backing gone
    06-04-09 07:22 PM
    Stay away from the 360, it tends to get dust between the screen and built in protector. Poorly designed holes for the top buttons
    06-04-09 07:34 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD