I bought a BB Case for my Storm. I think I read somewhere that there were magnets in the case so the Storm will know when it is in the holster? What does this actually do? How can I set it up, cannot find anything about it?
    I am assuming it will automatically put the phone in "lock" mode automatically???
    Any help here?
    03-17-09 05:05 PM
    Yes it does put the phone in a lock mode automatically you don't have to set anything up. There very nice because it will save your battery life.
    03-17-09 05:26 PM
    Not quite accurate, it will lock it IF that option is enabled. It will put it in "sleep" mode, e.g., shut the screen off immediately and keep it off. Alerts and messages still come through, which will make it vibrate then play the ringtone. Depending how you've setup your sound scheme. And yes it's automatic.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-17-09 05:42 PM
    anyone not happy with this case? i know i am
    03-17-09 05:43 PM
    my phone has a mind of it's own when in the holster. Sometimes it will alert me and sometimes it wont. It just depends. Another annoyance I guess.
    03-17-09 07:39 PM
    ANY holster that has a magnet in it will put that phone into "sleep" mode you will get all calls, texts e-mail..ect... sleep mode allows for your screen to go black to save on battery life... Its a must have for me.

I have the Seidio innocase II along with the holster for it, very happy with them
    03-17-09 07:43 PM
    I really like mine. I was always against side phone holders, I've been a phone in the back pocket guy forever. This case is great, I like the fact that it puts my phone in sleep mode it really does save my battery during the day.
    03-17-09 07:44 PM
    I bought a case at the Verizon store for $25. I did not like it. It was huge and had a flap cover and a clip I could not remove. I bought two BB leather covers on fleabay for $9 each including shipping. They are much smaller and work great. I was having battery life issues and do not anymore if I use the case!! Very Nice.
    I also use the case as a stand sort of. When I am at my desk, I set my storm on the case and it immediatly will shut off the screen and conserve the battery.
    03-26-09 08:40 AM
    The case that comes with the 8830WE works perfectly for the storm. Though I ordered a VAJA case on monday.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-26-09 08:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD