I have a question about which case is the best for my BB.

I have a silicone case & i dropped my phone (eeekk) and it didnt help my poor BB out at all. I now am buying a new housing for it because it chipped the pink paint off the corner.

What case is the best for the BB. I hate the bar over the trackball with the seidio cases & i have ppl tell me its hard to understand me over the phone when I have those on. Help! I just dont know where to go next & I dont want to spend money on another dud case! Thanks!!
    01-23-09 10:12 AM
    01-23-09 10:23 AM
    i am very fond of the otterbox

We've Got Technology Covered // OtterBox.com
    doesnt it make the phone bulky?
    01-23-09 10:25 AM
    I bought a clear hard case for mine that protects the entire phone except the keyboard...10 @ T-Mobile.
    01-23-09 10:25 AM
    doesnt it make the phone bulky?

The otterbox does add some bulk to it, but you have to outway the goods from the bads, BB are normally fairly expensive devices if you are in a job wear you are prone to dropping your phone the otterbox is great for you.

if you are not prone to dropping your phone, you might want to look at something a bit less bulkly, but when you look at the expense of the phone and you factor in the chances that you could drop it the otterbox makes a good choice i think
    01-23-09 10:29 AM
    +1 for otterbox. I use it without the membrane on it I have one of these on the screen Best Skins Ever, Inc. Home Page. You get used to the little bit of bulk but the protection is worth it
    01-23-09 10:37 AM
    Same here for otterbox. Little bulky but if you exercise or work outside, it is well worth it. Have dropped mine or had it hit several times and no problems.
    01-23-09 10:41 AM
    I bought a clear hard case for mine that protects the entire phone except the keyboard...10 @ T-Mobile.
    I have this one also. It is an excellent case. Just bear in mind
    it has no sleeper magnet. I modded one into the holster part though
    01-23-09 10:55 AM
    I have had those clear hardcases for all my berries,and my nokia e62, and my Ipod. I usually buy two, so I have a backup. At the average of $5 on ebay, they have every time saved my device from damage. I will gladly keep shelling a few dollars every few months to keep a pristine looking device.
    01-23-09 10:58 AM
    I have had those clear hardcases for all my berries,and my nokia e62, and my Ipod. I usually buy two, so I have a backup. At the average of $5 on ebay, they have every time saved my device from damage. I will gladly keep shelling a few dollars every few months to keep a pristine looking device.
    which clear hard ones? Which brands? Because I think im going in invest in a clear one. I mean I have my pink BB and I want to show that off! Not to mention a beckymae housing that im going to order when her site comes back up. I must admitt this BB thing is addictive!! ((My husband still doesnt understand, but I have a feeling he will once he gets one))
    01-23-09 12:59 PM
    Speck is the brand for the hard clear case. They sell them at t mobile stores
    01-23-09 01:17 PM
    Speck is the brand for the hard clear case. They sell them at t mobile stores
    I have an 8330 will that work on it? or is it for the 8320?
    01-23-09 01:23 PM
    It should fit but I've seen the same hard cases for the 8330 at a verizon store.
    01-23-09 01:26 PM
    It should fit but I've seen the same hard cases for the 8330 at a verizon store.
    does it have that bar above the trackball bc i find tht just gets in the way I just cant seem to find exactly what i want ughhh
    01-23-09 02:41 PM
    I don't get then ones that have anything above the trackball...just goes straight up the sides of the keyboard and across the top of the screen and bottom of keyboard. The 5-10 dollar ones on ebay all seem to be about the same, but I did just get a Seidio blk rubberized hard case at Verizon. it was for a 8330, and I had to enlarge the cutout for the led indicator a little (the led on the 8330 is atop the screen i guess, but on my 8310 its up higher). The Seidio was about $20, and was worth the money and two minutes of dremel tool time.

I would strongly recommend at least the $5 clear hard cases. And a Seidio clip holster for "skinned" BBs...it hold both the Seidio brand and off brand hardcased BBs very well, and speaker side out.
    Last edited by drs155; 03-01-09 at 05:19 PM.
    03-01-09 05:17 PM
    03-01-09 05:22 PM
    I keep mine in 2 different cases depending where I am. The original 'case' or more like sleeve for my 8320, except with my BB in t'other way around to avoid screen scratches from the 'track ball protector'.

OR - I put it in a leather lanyard case if I'm out and about as I can slip it over my wrist which makes it easier to carry with other things.

Both are suitable, but I don't tend to drop my BB often, thankfully! So don't need the case to be bomb-proof.

Screen protectors are a must though!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-01-09 05:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD