so i'm an engineer, and usually in the office, and my skin/bse screen protector work fine for this application. in a few weeks, i'm starting a job where i will be in the field inspecting construction projects for 6 months and wondering what case i should get to better protect my Berry.

any ideas??
    07-01-08 10:34 AM
    Not cheap, but the most rugged case out there -

http://shop.crackberry.com/otterbox-...medium=content
    07-01-08 10:36 AM
    Otterbox - I'm in a similar environment (surveyor) and it is the best solution.
    07-01-08 10:36 AM
    You should probably get that otterbox case or whatever its called. Its mad brawlic and covers the whole thing up in like this crazy rubber thing.

Edit: damn beaten!
    07-01-08 10:37 AM
    i've heard though that there is a slot around the trackball where dirt etc can get in. is this true?
    07-01-08 10:54 AM
    There is a hole just big enough to use the trackball but when it is in the holster the phone face is completely concealed against it.
    07-01-08 10:55 AM
    hmmmm, i guess i have no other choice then to dish out the 50 bones for one of these. what do you guys like better, the black or yellow?
    07-01-08 10:58 AM
    I like the yellow personally; it just looks better and meaner IMO. If I have to throw on more professional attire though I put the BB in my pocket. I don't think the yellow goes well with suits/slacks etc...
    07-01-08 11:08 AM
    *I'll add that I may be a bit biased.

07-01-08 11:16 AM
    My husband does construction work and swears by the Otterbox (he has yellow), it has already survived 1 fall and is working great. He got it on ebay and it was quite a bit cheaper.
    07-01-08 11:33 AM
    yellow it is.....sweet setup btw with the two computer screens.....i have autocad open right now too on my giant 21" monitor which is oldschool style so takes up most of my desk.
    07-01-08 11:55 AM
    so i'm an engineer, and usually in the office, and my skin/bse screen protector work fine for this application. in a few weeks, i'm starting a job where i will be in the field inspecting construction projects for 6 months and wondering what case i should get to better protect my Berry.

any ideas??
    hey bro, I'm a directional driller(horizontal;HDD) and although I have a supervisory position, now and when I was in the trenches...bro..I just left the BB in the truck...lol...it's the ONLY way..IMHO.... I've tried some cases, but they ALL failed me...
    07-01-08 12:08 PM
    i'm actually going to be an inspector on a soil investigation project which includes drilling/rock coring. i'll be taking soil sample as well as recording what goes on.
    07-01-08 12:09 PM
    yellow it is.....sweet setup btw with the two computer screens.....i have autocad open right now too on my giant 21" monitor which is oldschool style so takes up most of my desk.
    Yeah I have a ton of deskspace left with this setup. Those monitors are twin LG 24" screens and the laptop driving them is a 17" so I have lots of real estate. usually I'll have AutoCAD, Photoshop and my GIS software rollin' at the same time.
    07-01-08 02:16 PM
    jeez, i'm gonna have to tell work about this and have them hook me up, lol. though, our CAD operator has a nice setup like that too, i don't think they care what i have for my limited autocad use.
    07-01-08 03:37 PM
    Otterbox! And have fun doing the new work
    07-01-08 03:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD