I personally think the "one-click" unlock button on top of the phone is a terrible idea -- although RIM appears to be sticking with it, so maybe it's just me. My problem is that, since I keep my phone (locked) in my pocket, certain movements I make can cause me to unknowingly trigger the unlock button. This obviously opens up the phone to start making accidental calls, etc.

I figured a good solution would be to find a case that gives some protection around the top lock button. So, of all the cases available currently, has anybody seen one that should offer the maximum amount of protection for "misfires" of the lock?
    12-18-09 11:41 AM
    T-mobile sell a hard case that I'm using. It covers the buttons and to press them in it takes some effort, so accidental engages can't really happen.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-18-09 11:47 AM
    put a password on it, you can make it like a 1 letter password if you like solves you problem
    12-18-09 11:50 AM
    If you have a holster that was given in the box try using that, if not otter-box is the way to go for any maximum protection for your blackberry. If you want thin then I suggest the commuter series or impact. They both have covering for any buttons on the side or at the top. It is still accessable to use without difficulty but offers great protection. There is also defender but it is a bit bulky to my liking
    12-18-09 11:50 AM
    You might consider a swivel-type holster with a flap to put the phone in. With my phone, I got a very nice leather swivel holster with it in the box and have it turned vertically as to not to have anything press the phone.

EDIT: Oops! sorry for posting the same idea as Vuitton. I'm a slow poster sometimes.
    Last edited by bronco_fan; 12-18-09 at 11:54 AM.
    12-18-09 11:52 AM
    oh also not sure if you carrier has this dumb policy but with Rogers if you try to return your phone for warranty they ask you if you put your phone in your pocket and apparently that is misuse of the phone and they wont warranty it....dont shoot the messenger this is straight from the mouth of a CSR at Rogers the other day on the phone
    12-18-09 11:56 AM
    Thanks everyone.

T-mobile sell a hard case that I'm using. It covers the buttons and to press them in it takes some effort, so accidental engages can't really happen.
    Is this the "Bio-Degradable shell" that I see on T-Mobile's website? If it's not too much trouble, can you measure the dimensions of the case (including depth) ?
    12-18-09 01:55 PM
    oh also not sure if you carrier has this dumb policy but with Rogers if you try to return your phone for warranty they ask you if you put your phone in your pocket and apparently that is misuse of the phone and they wont warranty it....dont shoot the messenger this is straight from the mouth of a CSR at Rogers the other day on the phone
    REALLY? Thats interesting.
    12-18-09 02:01 PM
    put a password on it, you can make it like a 1 letter password if you like solves you problem
    +1 to this you should really have a password on your phone anyway it holds to much data
    12-18-09 02:07 PM
    It dosent unlock by pressing that button, it only locks.
    12-18-09 02:19 PM
    It dosent unlock by pressing that button, it only locks.
    On my 9700...the lock button on the left both locks and unlocks the phone.
    12-18-09 02:24 PM
    REALLY? Thats interesting.
    yeah, i felt like asking if they would supply me with a 3rd arm to hold my phone at all times when i use my other 2 as normal
    12-18-09 02:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD