08-19-09 01:26 AM
31 12
tools
    i switched to the iPhone for awhile and it's not a <b>bad</b> phone, i just felt like i had gone backwards. i tried to use it like a crackberry addict uses a phone (aka: listening to pandora while on AIM, sending text messages and typing emails and surfing the web at the same time). the inability the phone had to multi-task was the deal breaker. i cut down on texting, emailing, IMing - i gave up on the luxury of how my contacts and other apps synched up together so nicely. i kept adjusting my 'expectations' of a phone into a smaller list - until i realized that's kind of crazy.

i don't hate on the iPhone, but in a way, it just felt like it wasn't as 'up to date'. so, i'm back to my crackberry ways, multitasking like crazy, emailing, browsing, etc, all on that high-resolution screen and WAY better sound (i can talk longer without that icky sensation of that screen on my cheek or tying to cope with the poor speaker phone). and..i don't drain the battery before lunch like i was with the iPhone. it's like having my life back!
    So your sayin you LIKE your Bold. LOL! That post was very helpful to me. Thanks, Bexx.
    07-26-09 12:06 AM
    i have both an iphone and a bold. i love them both. right now i'm using an iphone and frankly loving every minute of it. the comment about the 1.4 millon downloads being fart apps, lest we forget that blackberry has em too. my opine is that unless you are a corporate IT guy, or really really utilize security features, most people just dont need the security that is offered by blackberry. i know that everyone says that the iphone is just a toy. but cmon, we're all trying to make our blackberry's have more fun too. if that wasnt the case, there wouldnt be sooo many different themes to make a berry look like an iphone, or hello kitty, or prada, gucci, whatever themes you can think of. if you didnt want to have fun with a berry too, why the 16 gig memory cards? theres no way thats for "business stuff". i'm just as fast on the virtual keyboard as i am with the bold keyboard. and to the statement that what happens when the virtual keyboard goes kaput? same thing that happens when the trackball stops working, or one of the keys on the blackberry keyboard falls off. you get it fixed. what are storm owners gonna do when the same thing happens to them? simple as that. in the end, it all comes down to preference.
    07-26-09 12:19 AM
    Look I was first in line for a iphone when it first came out. Then I was first in line for the 3g. I wasn't however first in line for the 3gs. I simply got fed up with the apple shenanigans. The benchmarks for the 3gs compared to the 3g made me wanna puke. It seems that apple is forcing their devices now to cash in as much as they can. And I was a very loyal iphone user. I refused ti pay 199 dollars for a magnetic compass and technology to shoot video that's on even the cheapest phones you can buy from metro pcs. They are merely compensating with the app store to cover up the fact they are still behind on some features. When I got my hands on the blackberry bold there was no goin back. I'm a business owner and this phone has saved me a ton of time in many applicable areas of my business. While I'm not saying the iphone sucks I think that the blackberry is just simply more powerful for practical uses.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-26-09 09:25 AM
    Blackberry is the best lets face it.
    07-26-09 11:22 AM
    Another thing to check out too. Look at youtubes iphone vs bold the factors are heavily weighed down on the iphones side. Its preety funny to see biased reviews

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-26-09 12:41 PM
    great story
    08-19-09 01:26 AM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD