08-19-09 01:26 AM
31 12
tools
    07-24-09 09:56 PM
    that is very true. blackberry is world-renowned for its secruity......it much surpasses the iPhone or any other device for that matter
    07-24-09 10:01 PM
    I don't understand why so many companies are purchasing fleets of iPhones for their employees. Surely they would be better purchasing a device / service that was purpose built for Business. Not a phone which was designed with pop culture in mind with a couple of business applications thrown in there? Correct
    me if I'm mistaken?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-24-09 11:05 PM
    Its simple. Having a iphone makes u look cool. A business with a iphone is a cool company.
    I for one think the iphone is a great phone. But for everyday uses and security, I go bb all day
    07-24-09 11:46 PM
    iPhone is a great and "fun" phone and it's probably not for business at all.

I remember when I wanted to purchase my Bold a while back. Some head corporate honcho purchased 20 Bolds for his employees. The sales repped asked why'd he chose the BB for his employees rather then some other phone like the iPhone. The guy just said "because I don't want my employees to be playing with their phones while they're suppose to be working. The iphone is a toy and a distraction, it isn't suited in the business area".

I agreed but I was also pissed he bought out all the Bolds before I got to the counter.
    07-25-09 12:04 AM
    I have owned a IPHONE 3GS

Horrible battery life, full charge with no use its possible for it to
    go to half charge over night. As it did for me

Radio is bad, in NON 3G areas you can barely send a text message
    it will just hang

3G can be sketchy and turn off completely

There is no Push Email, for Free

You are forced to use Itunes, and can not use the device as a hard drive

No data is Compressed

Encryptions is bad, so your data is not safe

Under certain Light and heat conditions the touch screen flickers

Mobile me is not supported by Bell Sympatico ( bad for canada customers )
    so no push for them, even if they pay for the service at 100$

Email Service is horrible and clumsy

No threaded email

You Cant down load free applications with out a credit card

The Oil Free screen is pure bunk, it still gets dirty

The Phone part is horrible, and has low speaker sound, with no place to
    turn up the volume.
    07-25-09 12:16 AM
    This is kind of silly, not really on topic.. but it goes along with the whole iPhone thing... Waiting to leave work today, and older gentlemen noticed me text messaging. He (jokingly) said, you're going to get arthritis! How can you spell so well on that small keyboard?!

One of my workers next to me, (rolling iPhone in hand) Says, "well it's easy when you have an iPhone, You don't have to know how to spell, It'll do it for you!"

I then turned on my Video camera flash at him :-)
    07-25-09 12:22 AM
    Of course the BB beats iPhone in security... Bragging about it shows nothing. The BB is superior for business, we've known that for years. The iPhone has the best browser, best touch screen, best app store etc. Obviosuly the two platforms have two different agendas for their phone(s). This is stuff we already know...

07-25-09 12:27 AM
    Of course the BB beats iPhone in security... Bragging about it shows nothing. The BB is superior for business, we've known that for years. The iPhone has the best browser, best touch screen, best app store etc. Obviosuly the two platforms have two different agendas for their phone(s). This is stuff we already know...

Agreed. I am a hardcore BlackBerry evangelist, but the truth of the matter is, the largest market is the consumer market, and they could give a **** about security on their "smartphone". 40 million phones, 1.5 billion downloads is proof enough. iPhones own the consumer market. They serve the least common denominator, and as BGR said, they "crush it" (own it).
    07-25-09 12:37 AM
    1.4 billion downloads are fart apps.

07-25-09 12:46 AM
    Meh

Both iPhone and BB's are great phone, they just target 2 different groups of users. BB having a better security is a must since BB are widely used in the business area.
    07-25-09 12:47 AM
    Agreed. I am a hardcore BlackBerry evangelist, but the truth of the matter is, the largest market is the consumer market, and they could give a **** about security on their "smartphone". 40 million phones, 1.5 billion downloads is proof enough. iPhones own the consumer market. They serve the least common denominator, and as BGR said, they "crush it" (own it).
    Glad to see someone has some common sense here.

Being a fanboy gets you nothing. I understand this is a BB forum and I love the discussion that takes place here regarding BB, but the second iPhone comes up it gets old. Always the same people saying the same thing over and over. Same goes for some of the iPhone fanboys.

07-25-09 12:50 AM
    iphone=FTL

crapola
    07-25-09 03:32 AM
    BOLd= ADDiCTION SINCE 7/2/09
    07-25-09 05:21 AM
    My wife and I both had the Ish*t phone for about 10 months and although it was a fun "toy" to have, it wasn't very practical at all. The battery life was horrible and the touch screen became mundane after awhile. We just got blackberrys last week and we love them!

If anyone asks me I tell them not to waste their money to get a real phone like the blackberry!
    07-25-09 07:01 AM
    the iphone is the best phone to waste time. the bb is the best phone to get things done.
    07-25-09 09:19 AM
    I've had both now, The iPhone was fun, The gaming was really fun, iPod features worked well, and made me actually use a phone as a media player for the first time ever.

I actually had some resistance to return to BlackBerry, because I would "loose" all of those things, and what I realised was that, I wasn't using them because I needed them, I was using them because they were there, and I could use them, they were things I could live without.

The BlackBerry is a messaging device, which works well in business, and is progressively becoming more and more of a consumer device (slowly.) as well. It can play your media, but that's not its true purpose, and if you want something that's secure, it'll keep all of your messages and anything else, locked up in something like the electronic equivalent of Fort Knox in the states.

The iPhone IS a consumer device, and a media player, it plays your music, your videos, your TV shows and movies, it'll play games, and it'll handle an occasional message or two.

I then came full circle, and realised that I was sacrificing functionality, for cool-ness and also for the sake of being able to use a "cool" phone. Typing on it was horrific, I just could not come to grips with a virtual keyboard, at all. I would literally, spend 45 seconds typing the message, but 1-2 minutes fixing all the errors contained within it, before I would be able to send it.

So, after having a play, and flirting with the iPhone, I came back to the BlackBerry, and back to a Bold to be precise. Now I can actually send a message in 45 seconds, not 2 minutes 45 seconds because of the time I have to correct every mistake.

I'm sure I'll get some bashing here, but do remember, I am a BlackBerry user, who also uses Mac's (a MacBook, and a Mac Mini) so I'm not in a position to bash, just in a position to tell the truth.
    07-25-09 10:18 AM
    Well said, xDAKx, Amen.

I am happy for Apple, and I love the fact the the iPhone has caused RIM to inject consumer level features into their phones. Competition is good for everyone, especially the end user. The media capabilities on my Bold are more than adequate, and areas that are lacking will be continually improved upon because of the iPhone. And, Hopefully, RIM progresses their browser out of the dark ages

Last edited by conker; 07-25-09 at 11:02 AM.
    07-25-09 10:42 AM
    A phone sales rep made a good point...what happens when the software running the "keyboard" stops working or the screen is severely damaged. You don't have a QWERTY keyboard to send messages. You can't remove the battery.
    07-25-09 10:57 AM
    I agree that the iPhone is a great entertainment device with all its multimedia capability and apps but encryption security is paramount. If you have any private data, you don't want it getting out in the open.
    07-25-09 10:59 AM
    I love my MacBook, and my wife has an iPhone. They are great products but I still prefer my Bold over her iPhone. Different strokes for different folks.

07-25-09 12:08 PM
    Well said, xDAKx, Amen.

I am happy for Apple, and I love the fact the the iPhone has caused RIM to inject consumer level features into their phones. Competition is good for everyone, especially the end user. The media capabilities on my Bold are more than adequate, and areas that are lacking will be continually improved upon because of the iPhone. And, Hopefully, RIM progresses their browser out of the dark ages

I completely agree, Apple has made every other cell phone company up their game, and b/c of this we in the end benefit. I love my BOLd but can't stand when people bash the iPhone, neither phone is perfect. Just b/c you rather drive in a Benz that doesn't mean BMW's are pieces of sh*t. You get where I'm going wit this. Again I love my blacked out Bold but I never take away from what Apple has put out.

07-25-09 01:21 PM
    I keep switching between the two. As xDAKx pointed above, the iPhone really is the first phone that I use for media as well. I have my iTunes Songs, Music Videos and some TV shows sync'ed to it and it keeps me company. Things like being able to play Monkey Islandor Shazzam just add to it.

Typing is not as fast on the iPhone as my Bold, but I'd say that I'm 80% there. Battery life on the iPhone seems less but thats because you generally end up doing more on it. Browsing is better. Viewing HTML mail on the iPhone is also much better.

I've loved the BB platform but then for me, iPhone 2.0 changed things. I was hopeful that the Storm would bring the coolness of the iPhone to the BB but what a POS that turned out to be. The Bold is still the best BB IMHO and my choice of device when I travel.
    07-25-09 01:59 PM
    I'm on the fence myself right now between the iPhone 3gs and the Bold. iPhone has made good progress w the messaging capabilities(finally!) and is making my decision a tough one. I keep going to the at&t store to play w both and can type almost as fast w iPhone as the Bold...but darn that Bold keyboard feels GOOD!! The best I've ever used!
    I'm not a huge guy but 6'2" and the Bold is perfect, imo. I wouldn't want it to be even a smudge smaller.
    This or that...this or that???
    07-25-09 10:35 PM
    i switched to the iPhone for awhile and it's not a <b>bad</b> phone, i just felt like i had gone backwards. i tried to use it like a crackberry addict uses a phone (aka: listening to pandora while on AIM, sending text messages and typing emails and surfing the web at the same time). the inability the phone had to multi-task was the deal breaker. i cut down on texting, emailing, IMing - i gave up on the luxury of how my contacts and other apps synched up together so nicely. i kept adjusting my 'expectations' of a phone into a smaller list - until i realized that's kind of crazy.

i don't hate on the iPhone, but in a way, it just felt like it wasn't as 'up to date'. so, i'm back to my crackberry ways, multitasking like crazy, emailing, browsing, etc, all on that high-resolution screen and WAY better sound (i can talk longer without that icky sensation of that screen on my cheek or tying to cope with the poor speaker phone). and..i don't drain the battery before lunch like i was with the iPhone. it's like having my life back!
    07-25-09 11:55 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD