I'm definitely buying an Innocase hardcase for my Storm. I searched and saw that a ton of people have the Innocase/spring clip combo but no one really mentioned the benefits of having both. What are you guys' opinions on buying the combo? Is the sleeper function of holsters that beneficial in conserving battery life or would I be fine just to buy a hardcase and throw it in my pocket like I do now? Thanks guys!
    05-31-09 01:05 AM
    Going into sleep mode does help battery life. However like it more that my phone goes silent without my having to change sound profiles when its in the holster.

Also doesn't pick up dust or lint like it would if it were in my pocket.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-31-09 01:11 AM
    Thanks for the reply . Sounds like those added benefits are worth the extra $23 or whatever. I think I'm gonna go with the combo that everyone raves about . Sucks that Storm II dimensions are different than Storm if I ever decide to upgrade though.
    05-31-09 01:15 AM
    Some benefits I found since getting my Innocase II and holster...
    • Shut the screen off immediately.
    • Activate the holstered settiings, that is, by default it will vibrate then ring, among others.
    • When ringing, I can actually hear it most of the time. The speaker is completely exposed, and not buried in your pocket or a pouch.
    • Ease of access, meaning that it's easy to get to... all the time.
    One negative though, on pretty rare occasions I do bump the actual clip part the right way and it falls out, but I will admit that it does get dropped much less frequently as compared to when I had a pouch and it would slip out of my butter-fingers.
    05-31-09 01:16 AM
    What's the difference in the Innocases. I've seen several different models, and except for the one made for extended batteries, I can't tell the difference. Really the main ones I'm talking about are the Innocase II Surface, the 360, and the Hybrid. Is there any difference between them? From what I can tell, they're all compatible with holsters.
    05-31-09 02:03 AM
    What's the difference in the Innocases. I've seen several different models, and except for the one made for extended batteries, I can't tell the difference. Really the main ones I'm talking about are the Innocase II Surface, the 360, and the Hybrid. Is there any difference between them? From what I can tell, they're all compatible with holsters.
    Might want to go to Seidio's site and check 'em out, the pics might be a little better . seidioonline.com

The Innocase II offers good protection, but leaves the top exposed. Making it lighter, I guess. The 360 offers 360d of protection, only the screen is exposed. Never really looked into the hybrid, so can't offer anything about it.
    05-31-09 02:12 AM
    Might want to go to Seidio's site and check 'em out, the pics might be a little better . seidioonline.com

The Innocase II offers good protection, but leaves the top exposed. Making it lighter, I guess. The 360 offers 360d of protection, only the screen is exposed. Never really looked into the hybrid, so can't offer anything about it.
    As far as the 360 goes, even the screen is protected. There is a clear screen protector attached to the case itself, so it is protected all around. (Yes, I'm sure the screen could still be cracked through the screen protector if something hit it hard enough, but I wanted to point out that the 360 does include a built-in screen protector). The 360 is what I am using right now, and I really like it.
    05-31-09 10:38 AM

Thanks! I was looking on Crackberry and the pictures made it a bit difficult to see any noticeable differences. My guess would be that the hybrid is probably some combination of the other two then. Maybe like 337d or protection . I'm kinda leaning towards the Innocase II, but if the 360 isn't too much bigger or heavier then I might just go with that one. Do you know if they are compatible with the same holster or different ones?
    05-31-09 11:42 AM
    As far as the 360 goes, even the screen is protected. There is a clear screen protector attached to the case itself, so it is protected all around. (Yes, I'm sure the screen could still be cracked through the screen protector if something hit it hard enough, but I wanted to point out that the 360 does include a built-in screen protector). The 360 is what I am using right now, and I really like it.

Awesome I just saw your post on the 360! Great Review. I don't really need a screen protector because I have a great one that came with the invisible protection (everything except the screen protector has begun peeling off though ). But I don't know. I built in screen protector might also be nice in case this one does eventually start to peel off. I also saw that you mentioned having both on simultaneously didn't have an effect on screen responsiveness. Did you say you have a holster with the 360 as well?

I'm looking to buy a holster somewhere down the line, but I think I would primarily shove my phone in my pocket for now. You said it fits in pockets relatively easily so it can't be that much bulkier than the Innocase II. Since it has great protection and still fits in pockets, I can't really see any benefits of the Innocase II.

p.s. I think you should open up a 24/7 Blackberry helpline via BBM. You could start selling your pin for like $20 a pop and then charge hourly on top of that .
    05-31-09 11:46 AM
    Awesome I just saw your post on the 360! Great Review. I don't really need a screen protector because I have a great one that came with the invisible protection (everything except the screen protector has begun peeling off though ). But I don't know. I built in screen protector might also be nice in case this one does eventually start to peel off. I also saw that you mentioned having both on simultaneously didn't have an effect on screen responsiveness. Did you say you have a holster with the 360 as well?

I'm looking to buy a holster somewhere down the line, but I think I would primarily shove my phone in my pocket for now. You said it fits in pockets relatively easily so it can't be that much bulkier than the Innocase II. Since it has great protection and still fits in pockets, I can't really see any benefits of the Innocase II.

p.s. I think you should open up a 24/7 Blackberry helpline via BBM. You could start selling your pin for like $20 a pop and then charge hourly on top of that .
    The 360 only adds a LITTLE more size to the phone than the Innocase II, only because it covers the phone all the way around. I have not found it to be a noticeable difference as far as shoving it in my pocket when I need to. I also have the holster that goes with the Innocases, and it fits them all. The same holster will work for the Innocase II and the 360.

And yes, the first day I left my original screen protector on, just in case I didn't like the 360, and the screen was just as responsive with both on. It worked very well.

As far as the 24/7 helpline, let me think about that for a second... ummmm... NO. Ha ha ha ha ha! The pay sounds nice, but I need my sleep.
    05-31-09 11:49 AM
    The 360 only adds a LITTLE more size to the phone than the Innocase II, only because it covers the phone all the way around. I have not found it to be a noticeable difference as far as shoving it in my pocket when I need to. I also have the holster that goes with the Innocases, and it fits them all. The same holster will work for the Innocase II and the 360.

And yes, the first day I left my original screen protector on, just in case I didn't like the 360, and the screen was just as responsive with both on. It worked very well.

As far as the 24/7 helpline, let me think about that for a second... ummmm... NO. Ha ha ha ha ha! The pay sounds nice, but I need my sleep.
    Alright thanks for all the help! Between you and Craterz, I think I now have enough info to take on this difficult decision . I've noticed that Seido's site prices are cheaper than Crackberry's. Is it cheapest to buy directly from Seido?

Pshhhh whatever you say. Sleep when you're dead! Hehe
    05-31-09 12:03 PM
    Alright thanks for all the help! Between you and Craterz, I think I now have enough info to take on this difficult decision . I've noticed that Seido's site prices are cheaper than Crackberry's. Is it cheapest to buy directly from Seido?

Pshhhh whatever you say. Sleep when you're dead! Hehe
    I got mine directly from Seidio... when I bought my Innocase II, I ended up buying that one from Amazon because it was cheaper there. But the 360 for the Storm isn't listed on Amazon yet.
    05-31-09 12:08 PM
    I got mine directly from Seidio... when I bought my Innocase II, I ended up buying that one from Amazon because it was cheaper there. But the 360 for the Storm isn't listed on Amazon yet.
    Ohh you have both? Were you unhappy with the Innocase or did you just want the 360 more once it came out?
    05-31-09 12:16 PM
    Ohh you have both? Were you unhappy with the Innocase or did you just want the 360 more once it came out?
    I originally bought the Innocase II a few months back. I bought the 360 because I was really interested in having a case that covered the whole phone without making it huge. I loved the Innocase II, and I am equally happy with the 360... I like the idea of the 360 keeping dust out better, though. I gave the Innocase II to my husband because he was still letting his phone go naked. Ha ha ha ha! You will be happy with either purchase... it's just up to you whether or not you feel like you need the phone protected all the way around, or if you want something that looks more like the Innocase II.

(Also keep in mind that the 360 covers the 4 buttons at the bottom, which would keep them from falling off-- I never had a problem with those buttons, but quite a few people did, from what I read.)
    05-31-09 12:20 PM
    I originally bought the Innocase II a few months back. I bought the 360 because I was really interested in having a case that covered the whole phone without making it huge. I loved the Innocase II, and I am equally happy with the 360... I like the idea of the 360 keeping dust out better, though. I gave the Innocase II to my husband because he was still letting his phone go naked. Ha ha ha ha! You will be happy with either purchase... it's just up to you whether or not you feel like you need the phone protected all the way around, or if you want something that looks more like the Innocase II.

(Also keep in mind that the 360 covers the 4 buttons at the bottom, which would keep them from falling off-- I never had a problem with those buttons, but quite a few people did, from what I read.)
    Ok thanks! I just ordered an Innocase II from Amazon. We'll see how I like it . Thanks for the help everyone!
    05-31-09 12:38 PM
    Ok thanks! I just ordered an Innocase II from Amazon. We'll see how I like it . Thanks for the help everyone!
    No problem!
    05-31-09 12:39 PM
    Don't think you would've made a bad desicion either way! I'm sure you'll like the Innocase II. I love mine . Enjoy!
    05-31-09 12:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD